• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 2: (4/15) Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

I say the first goal determines the winner and sets the tone for the rest of the series. With that, I'm afraid that Calgary will want it more at the beginning. Come out hungry! Let's go Wings!

Yes, it is. 400x100 means 400 across and 100 down. Flip-flopping the two does not make the sig legal.

right, like I said before:

The Signature Guidelines state that your Sig can't be over the size of 400x100 pixels yours measures up to be 173x250, its too big

just to make sure he saw it...it got buried while I was looking for the guidelines

Edited by Elshupacabra

Here's how I feel...

-Were damn lucky to have a guy like Aflac around here

-Offsides sig is awesome!

-Bernie is the coolest thing to come along in a LONG time

-The Wings have a ton of confidence going into game 2

-Im ok with Bert resting until he is 100%

-Z will score

Thats it. :siren::siren: GO Wings!!!!!!!! :siren::siren:

I am sorry but that is a little lame, maybe it's me, but I'll stick with the cephalopod.

Sir or madame:

The bird was pure awesomeness descending down unto the Joe Louis ice level! Birds often are designators of hope and symbols of affirmation. So long as they aren't vultures or ravens, that is. Take a look around the cultures of the world and surely you will see the power that these avians have had upon we earthbound folk, we - aspiring to be amongst the clouds.

Bernie takes affront with such an insult and will meet you on the playground at 4pm sharp. :boxing:

;)

Dear hockey scheduling gods: Please never make me wait this long in between playoff games of the same round ever again.

I'm with you BRTD...I'm going insane. Now I'm so anxious, I know I'm going to lay down and not be able to sleep. Thank god it's an early start so we're not sitting around ALL DAY.

Come on wings! I'm repeating all the rituals I did on Wednesday night before I went to sleep....

Lets go RED WINGS!!!!

EXTINGUISH THOSE FLAMES!

Sir or madame:

The bird was pure awesomeness descending down unto the Joe Louis ice level! Birds often are designators of hope and symbols of affirmation. So long as they aren't vultures or ravens, that is. Take a look around the cultures of the world and surely you will see the power that these avians have had upon we earthbound folk, we - aspiring to be amongst the clouds.

Bernie takes affront with such an insult and will meet you on the playground at 4pm sharp. :boxing:

;)

Seconded.

I don't think I've seen a post from a fan of either team predict a score against their allegiance :P

I'm going to continue that and go with the flames 2-1.

Kipper is going to bring it again, but this time we won't allow 46 shots. 35 I can handle, and we need to give Dom more action than 20, which is extremely hard against your defence.

I do feel the REAL flames will show up tomorrow despite losing 5 straight games overall.

It's time for Iggy to get going , and I believe he will. Lombardi will show his remarkable speed early and often.

Go flames go! I think you guys will take ONE at the 'dome, and I really don't want to head back to the Joe down 3-1, so we need this game to build confidence heading home.

Legend has it that fire was first bestowed onto humanity, through subterfuge, by Prometheus. For his efforts, he was severely punished by the King of the Gods, sentenced to a fate worse than death.

He was chained to a rock and every day at sunrise a great bird would literally eat him alive. He would die, but not for long. Come the next day, he would become whole again, doomed to suffer this gruesome fate for all eternity under the crackling flames he wished to endure.

Today we play Zeus. The Flames will be punished for their antics and sideshow mockeries of hockey. They will be chewed up by the Red Wings, but spit out, so they may crawl back to their pitiful hole in the north and be forced to face our wrath again and again.

So was it decreed from high Olympus, so shall it be done.

I don't think I've seen a post from a fan of either team predict a score against their allegiance :P

I'm going to continue that and go with the flames 2-1.

Kipper is going to bring it again, but this time we won't allow 46 shots. 35 I can handle, and we need to give Dom more action than 20, which is extremely hard against your defence.

I do feel the REAL flames will show up tomorrow despite losing 5 straight games overall.

It's time for Iggy to get going , and I believe he will. Lombardi will show his remarkable speed early and often.

Go flames go! I think you guys will take ONE at the 'dome, and I really don't want to head back to the Joe down 3-1, so we need this game to build confidence heading home.

I often pick against the Wings, oddly I'm quite often wrong. As for the real flames? Aren't they a bad away team, if so this is the real away flames. Besides you'll just say they're not playing to their potential until they win, granted if the wings lose I'll probably be thinking the same.

Though on the route of predicting game outcomes I just see this one getting tied up tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong more than anything but I honestly see (as has been the trend this year) a split coming from this series and for when we go to Calgary and play. With that being said I think 2-1 is a good bet.

Legend has it that fire was first bestowed onto humanity, through subterfuge, by Prometheus. For his efforts, he was severely punished by the King of the Gods, sentenced to a fate worse than death.

He was chained to a rock and every day at sunrise a great bird would literally eat him alive. He would die, but not for long. Come the next day, he would become whole again, doomed to suffer this gruesome fate for all eternity under the crackling flames he wished to endure.

Today we play Zeus. The Flames will be punished for their antics and sideshow mockeries of hockey. They will be chewed up by the Red Wings, but spit out, so they may crawl back to their pitiful hole in the north and be forced to face our wrath again and again.

May I be the first to say:

:clap:

What's the Late Night Crew?

And remember this, the Red Wings used to play at the OLYMPIA Stadium!!

May I be the first to say:

:clap:

What's the Late Night Crew?

We are those members of the 300 who fought - nay, battled! - our way through the grueling hordes of the Vancouver and Dallas assault squads, numbering in the thousands of shots and millions of hours. We withstood their howling commanders, their jibbering beasts of destruction, and their mindless bloodthirsty soldiers running rampant and held our ground. We are LGW Crewmembers!

Wherever there is a dozenfold overtimes to be endured, we will be there, surely. Aye, we will be there, as Athene - warrior-maiden of justice and wisdom - will be there to do battle with Ares and his foolishness!

['Flip-check']

Nah, you're gonna get erased again. 400x100, sir, your sig survival depends on your reading comprehension. ;)

Really no need to get snotty!! :punch:

Totally kidding, amigo! It was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

You're about good to go. :thumbup:

Before I get to the game I would just like to say wow.... Game 1 did NOT sell out. Crazy. I know it has been heavily debated on these boards many times about seating, but I just find it crazy that game 1 of the playoffs they wouldn't sell-out. Wouldn't they drop the prices last minute to get rid of them!??!

I know fans must be frustrated at playoff pasts .... get the hint managment. But what a game to miss. Detroit was as good as I have seen them in a long time.

Anyway, game 2. Super stoked. It is 2:15 am pacific time right now, and the game starts at 10:00 am PT. So, not a lot of sleep will be had by me by the time I finally power-out. This will be a huge game for us. Possibly even bigger than game one. Ottawa hammered Pitts in game one but Pitts came right back. Will Calgary attempt the same? We will soon find out, .... same bat time, same bat channel.

Oh and yeah..good chance McCarty plays tomorrow.

That's good! We all still love Mac. I'm not sure he could do anything to have the citizens of Hockeytown hate him (like Fedorov). He'll get cheers for sure.

Edited by wingnut129

Wings will come out flying, like last game.

[/font]

Flames know they must win to have a chance in the series. Conversely, the Wings know that their chances of winning the series diminish greatly if Calgary gets the split--Calgary has a massive discrepancy between their home record and away record this season, and can't win the series without winning a road game.

Detroit has the momentum and the mental advantage right now, and judging by the way they started last game, should come out flying again.

Detroit 4, Calgary 2.

Zetterberg, Hudler, Lang, Schneider

Lombardi, Hamrlik

That's good! We all still love Mac. I'm not sure he could do anything to have the citizens of Hockeytown hate him (like Fedorov). He'll get cheers for sure.

Even though he did exactly the same thing Fedorov did that drew ire....signed the next offseason with the team that beat the Wings in the playoffs most recently.