• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 2: (4/15) Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Regher couldn't finish the game. He's hurt. Doesn't look good Flames...

uhoh... I don't want anyone hurt. But honestly, I don't think Regehr being out will hurt the Flames if they don't look any better all around.

One hopes that trend continues ... :)

Guest TheRedMan

if the Wings win the series, will they face the winner of the Nashville/San Jose series or the Anaheim/Minnesota series? I thought it would be San Jose/Nashville, but NBC was seeding them differently.

Edited by TheRedMan

if the Wings win the series, will they face the winner of the Nashville/San Jose series or the Anaheim/Minnesota series? I thought it would be San Jose/Nashville, but NBC was seeding them differently.

The NHL re-seeds after the first round, so there is no "bracket". If the Wings win, they'll play whoever's left that's lowest seeded.

He's just has a 2.00 GAA in two cames and two wins.

2 GA, 1.00 GAA (give or take for bench time on delayed penalties).

Kipper has been great. He's also lost two straight and has 7 goals against. If Hasek had played identical games with the scores and opportunities reversed (yeah, right, I know.. as if that would happen), there would be chaos and Hasek jerseys thrown on the ice in Motown.

Right. Both goalies have played extremely well and pretty much stopped everything they've seen. It's just that Kipper has seen much, much more. Quality of team, not quality of goaltending issue.

You missed the small print at the bottom that said teams are reseeded after each round.

Wings would play the lowest surviving seed in round 2.

Hasek is lucky, not skilled, apparently, if you listen to these commentators. He doesn't control the number of shots or the quality of the ones that get through. He's just has a 2.00 GAA in two games, and two wins.

Kipper has been great. He's also lost two straight and has 7 goals against. If Hasek had played identical games with the scores and opportunities reversed (yeah, right, I know.. as if that would happen), there would be chaos and Hasek jerseys thrown on the ice in Motown. :rolleyes: Pheomenal indeed.

I dont't see the teams looking appreciably different when they tilt in Calgary, but we shall see if homecooking helps the Flames or not.

just about who cares? :) we're spanking Flames and dominating them completely. they'll be more competitive in their barn but I really don't see them being strong enough to win a game, unless their D regroups and shows some signs of having a clue.

Hull is once again making an ass of himself. give credit where it's due, dude, and forget about your personal problems. as of now you're in Mullet's league which is rather low (above Woody Paige and Kara Yorio, but still very low)

I was surprised by the lack of discipline that the Calgary had. They took some really bad penalties in the first, and then a couple other bad ones near the end of the third. Calgary is a much better team then they have been showing, I see them reallly steeping it up for game 3, I hope the wings are ready. That was a great win today. GO WINGS!

2 GA, 1.00 GAA (give or take for bench time on delayed penalties).

Right. Both goalies have played extremely well and pretty much stopped everything they've seen. It's just that Kipper has seen much, much more. Quality of team, not quality of goaltending issue.

:thumbup:

someone tell Brett Hull that.

I fixed my post, thanks! You knew what I meant, eh?

BTW: where is this Huselius kid who made headlines just 2 days before playoffs start? could he repeat his cocky comments on how Hasek is old and Wings don't have it, please?

dang, what a ******

BTW: where is this Huselius kid who made headlines just 2 days before playoffs start? could he repeat his cocky comments on how Hasek is old and Wings don't have it, please?

dang, what a ******

LMAO :P

Wasn't Husselius the player who was obstructing Filpulla right before he scored?

I was surprised by the lack of discipline that the Calgary had. They took some really bad penalties in the first, and then a couple other bad ones near the end of the third. Calgary is a much better team then they have been showing, I see them reallly steeping it up for game 3, I hope the wings are ready. That was a great win today. GO WINGS!

I'll be surprised if Flames fans don't lynch David Hale when they get back home. The dude took three stupid penalties today and every single one of them was at the WORST possible time. If Regehr plays Game 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see Susan.....err, Zyuzin replacing Hale in the lineup.

Even if Hasek had faced more shots, I think the Wings could still have won this game today.

of course, Dom does what he has to and would have if there had been 3x as many shots.

Whatever happened to Iginla getting in Dom's face today, and the Flames rushing the net and putting traffic in front of Dom? Oh, yeah. Right. The Wings happened.

:sly:

I'll be surprised if Flames fans don't lynch David Hale when they get back home. The dude took three stupid penalties today and every single one of them was at the WORST possible time. If Regehr plays Game 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see Susan.....err, Zyuzin replacing Hale in the lineup.

Oh I know I couldn't believe how many penalties he got, this is the playoffs, you're not supposed to take stupid penalties like that especially when you are behind! I heard in the post game coverage that it doesn't look like regehr will play.

Well, the Wings have played perfect hockey against the Flames so far. Mike Babcock deserves a lot of credit. He's forged a great gameplan against Calgary, and the Flames have not adjusted properly yet. If not for Kiprusoff, these games would have been complete blowouts on the scoreboard. Babs is outcoaching Playfair, plain and simple. Now the Flames need to regroup and let their home ice help them out. 2-0 is not a lead that gives me any real confidence. Calgary wins game 3 and this series really changes. If the Wings play the same way they did in these two games, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to have success in Calgary. But they're not going to outshoot the Flames 50-15 or whatever the tally was today.

Lidstrom's work on Iginla has been spectacular, eh? Amazing what Nick does without really playing a physical brand of hockey. I don't know if there's a historical precedent for what he does in the NHL. Nick is unique. The young players are really, really stepping up. Filppula and Franzen, especially. And Datsyuk! I told you guys he'd get it together in the playoffs this year.