• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 2: (4/15) Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

No he's someone who's been around the block enough to know you never call sweep after you won 2 home games. Anything can happen.

Haha thanks. Besides, I can outwrite Rob Parker so bad. Dude's a hack.

I see the point though. No, I'm not trying to be a Drew (Downer) Sharp or a Rob (Hater) Parker. But I sure don't want to see any sweep talk right now either. Let's at the very least wait til the Wings are actually in position to do it. Hey, I'd be the first to bring a Wings flag on a broomstick to the Saddledome if the Wings win Game 3 (and if I were anywhere near Calgary.) Just don't want people to get ahead of themselves.

Awesome game. By far the best I've been to this year. We were surrounded by Calgary fans...soooo that was fun :D But it was all good fun.

I'm so glad Dats is getting it done...I would hate to hear how he isn't doing anything after every game.

If Calgary thinks they are suffering now, I can't wait till BIG BERT gets back...I'm getting sick of them running our smaller guys.

And for the love of all that is hockey...please keep in Hudler and Flip...they are fantastic!

I would like to devote this post to the one true hockey player on this team, the guy who's taken his game to another level and been nothing but solid since his arrival against Anaheim,

THE TRAIN!!! CHOO CHOOO!!!

Seriously. I have nothing but nice things to say about Lilja. He hasn't goofed up once, hit, blocked shots, just been a genuinely great 6th D-man. I'm so proud of him, it's like the Train's grown up right before our very eyes. That game against the Ducks really did wonders for our little man.

The Wings are handing Calgary their collective asses. If someone wants to post a broom, I'm gonna laugh at it. Enjoying our playoff success so far has been a long time coming, especially against a team everyone said would push us around.

Lighten up!

esteef

Yeah, Lilja deserves praise. I've been really critical of him, and I think justifiably so, most of this season. But in this series thus far, he's played great.

Mathieu Schneider, too. He's a veteran and I was concerned about age being a big liability on the blue line. It's too early to say they're out of the woods, because the playoffs are a long grind and the older players will have their stamina tested. But so far, I've seen none of the laziness he exhibited so often during the regular season.

Samuelsson, on the other hand, sucks. Einstein argued that there are no instant actions in nature. Well, Einstein never saw Samuelsson shoot the instant the puck touches his stick, in any and all situations, from anywhere on the ice, no matter how clogged the shooting lane or how bad the angle. Newton wins.

Yeah, Lilja deserves praise. I've been really critical of him, and I think justifiably so, most of this season. But in this series thus far, he's played great.

I was just thinking, man, he wouldn't even be playing if Nik hadn't gotten hurt. Hockey is weird.

Mathieu Schneider, too. He's a veteran and I was concerned about age being a big liability on the blue line. It's too early to say they're out of the woods, because the playoffs are a long grind and the older players will have their stamina tested. But so far, I've seen none of the laziness he exhibited so often during the regular season.

Agreed. I'll eat some crow on Matt. I was all over his case for some of his bonehead s*** from last year's playoffs (he's not exactly mistake free as today's blatant interference call illustrates), but for these first two games he's been awesome, hitting and scoring.

Samuelsson, on the other hand, sucks. Einstein argued that there are no instant actions in nature. Well, Einstein never saw Samuelsson shoot the instant the puck touches his stick, in any and all situations, from anywhere on the ice, no matter how clogged the shooting lane or how bad the angle. Newton wins.

Did you major in physics? :lol:

I would like to devote this post to the one true hockey player on this team, the guy who's taken his game to another level and been nothing but solid since his arrival against Anaheim,

THE TRAIN!!! CHOO CHOOO!!!

Seriously. I have nothing but nice things to say about Lilja. He hasn't goofed up once, hit, blocked shots, just been a genuinely great 6th D-man. I'm so proud of him, it's like the Train's grown up right before our very eyes. That game against the Ducks really did wonders for our little man.

Agreed. :clap: YEAH LILS!!!!

The Wings are handing Calgary their collective asses. If someone wants to post a broom, I'm gonna laugh at it. Enjoying our playoff success so far has been a long time coming, especially against a team everyone said would push us around.

Lighten up!

esteef

IPB Image Enjoy your comments as always Esteef! I agree.. can't we just enjoy a win or two?

And of course the one time Sammy has an open shot, instead of bearing down, he shoots a flutter ball into Kipper's chest. Go figure!

Guest tangstoiggy

This is hard for me

But Congrats on another win

This wing team is actually playing very well at home

It just seems that my FLames :( just don't have it in them this season...and the road record as reared its ugly head again.

I am glad they are coming home for the next to games., as that does give me a glimmer of hope...

Anyway

GOOD WIN, Wings Deserve that win.

WOW those Wings are on Fire! They have got everything going for them and are playing some of the best hockey in YEARS! I gotta say something, Daniel Cleary played freaking PHENOMENAL today. Just wow! That guy is all heart. The way he kill penalties, forechecks, backechecks, takes plays away, sacrifices himself, hustles, etc.. he's just amazing. The whole line of him Drapes and Malts was by far the Wings best tonight. They absolutely shut down Iggy and his mates. :clap:

Flip...WHAT AN AMAZING GOAL!

Everyone is doing there thing. All this and no Bert! I can't wait for Game 3 for Big Bert to be unleashed. It's especially important that he's back then because the Flames are PISSED and are going to come at the Wings any which way they can.

Dead on, HockeyCrazy!

Cleary just looked really good and comfortable. I also think it is safe to say that Flip will not be riding the pine anytime soon, even with Bert back.

Speaking of which, if Bert is cleared and ready to go? Fantastic. I almost forgot what it is like to have him out there. Even if we give him limited minutes the first night, he'll be an extra force each shift.

I haven't been this excited in years about the team.

I'm not saying it just to get a reaction, but Lang looked LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY today. Just awful. Between him and Sammy, it's a nervous 45 seconds every time that second line hits the ice. Just awful.

I'm not saying it just to get a reaction, but Lang looked LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY today. Just awful. Between him and Sammy, it's a nervous 45 seconds every time that second line hits the ice. Just awful.

I was saying that all throughout the game. Anytime I saw Lang, I said "Nooooooooo". Don't get me wrong - I think he is great (but third most giveaways in the season scares me). Especially, when any mistake can be costly.

Hi guys!

i had to drive 2 hours home (to kalamazoo), thus the delayed posting.

i just downloaded all 527 photos that i took to my computer.. not even sure where to begin as to what to upload..

I thought this one was necessary off the bat though:

IPB Image

Don Cherry is a punk!!

GO WINGS! :P

Edited by ilmickeyli

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Mike's decision to stick Lang's line out there for the shift after each Detroit goal. They got hemmed in the defensive zone pretty much every time.

Except for Calder.

He just does not belong on that line anymore.

I love Langer..I REALLY do, but I'm sick of the giveaways and no effort. Calder deserves better!

Little late here, but excellent game! The Wings played great! Flips goal was amazing!

On the subject of Calder, he really does deserve better. Lang and Sameulsson are dragging him down. We need Bert back on that line now. Really, that second line is the only line not doing anything. Every other line is playing great, especially the Draper-Maltby-Cleary line.

Damn, i missed filpulas goal, i was at a skating clinic and the tvs were on but i was doing something at the time, great win for the wings, Cleary showed alot of grit, especially in the corners and chllenging phaneuf.

It was a terror. He ripped it off Kip's shoulder and it railed its way into the net

That's a true slapshot right there. There is beauty in something like that, really.