• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 2: (4/15) Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

The biggest thing coming out of this game is that Calgary may have rushed to get Regehr back in this game and now the potential is there for him to miss the rest of the series because of that.

Plus Bertuzzi probably being back for Game 3?

I have a hard time believing that Calgary's going to be able to mount most of an effort the rest of this series if Regehr's out, the Wings get a fresh big body in Bertuzzi and Kiprusoff continues to get shelled. He'll wear out eventually.

I'll be surprised if Flames fans don't lynch David Hale when they get back home. The dude took three stupid penalties today and every single one of them was at the WORST possible time. If Regehr plays Game 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see Susan.....err, Zyuzin replacing Hale in the lineup.

Susan... hehe! Hale was not an asset today for Calgary, for sure.

"Detroit outshot Calgary 23-8 in the first period and 12-3 in the second, but led by only a goal." This concerns me. :( I guess as long as we keep winning, then... OK.

QUOTE(redwingsfan19 @ April 15, 2007 - 03:12PM)

Even if Hasek had faced more shots, I think the Wings could still have won this game today.

of course, Dom does what he has to and would have if there had been 3x as many shots.

Whatever happened to Iginla getting in Dom's face today, and the Flames rushing the net and putting traffic in front of Dom? Oh, yeah. Right. The Wings happened.

Dom, actually likes facing more shots, he get bored if their isn't any. Iginla has done absolutely nothing so far in this series, he really needs to step it up or Calgary won't have a chance. The wings have been playing great and I hope they keep it up.

"Detroit outshot Calgary 23-8 in the first period and 12-3 in the second, but led by only a goal." This concerns me. :( I guess as long as we keep winning, then... OK.

At least they're not just flinging useless rubber at the net (Sammy notwithstanding). They're getting bodies in the crease and making life miserable for Kipper. He might be the very best in the league, and that's why it's been close, but I don't think he can keep facing upwards of 45 shots a game and stay in it. Wings are going to grind him and the Flames down if they can keep it up.

What a game! :o

I'm so proud of Flip and Lidstrom always amazes me.

Calgary looked a bit better today as far as controlling their frustration (Iginla in particular) but they still didn't look as good as I'd thought they would. I'm nervous about playing in Calgary, though. Hopefully we can continue the way we are playing.

Oh, and if Bert is confirmed for game 3, I hope he gets a few good hits on Iginla. :x

I nominate Valtteri Fillppula for best playoff performer of all-time. Man, he seems to score in every playoff game! It's crazy!

No, seriously, he's been great. It leaves little doubt that Hudler will most likely be the one to sit out Game 3 if Bertuzzi plays. I still think it should be Samuelsson, but I just don't see them doing that.

The Wings have executed so perfectly through these first couple games, but we all know that the real test comes on Tuesday as the series shifts to Calgary. Like it was mentioned earlier: if the Flames win Game 3, this is an entirely new series. I don't expect the Wings to sweep, even if they play close to this well in the next two, so I think stealing either Game 3 or Game 4 is the new goal. If they can do that, they take the series.

The Wings have executed so perfectly through these first couple games, but we all know that the real test comes on Tuesday as the series shifts to Calgary. Like it was mentioned earlier: if the Flames win Game 3, this is an entirely new series. I don't expect the Wings to sweep, even if they play close to this well in the next two, so I think stealing either Game 3 or Game 4 is the new goal. If they can do that, they take the series.

Right. The flames have the worst road record, but they do much better at home. If the wings can pull off a win in game 3, i think for sure they will go on to the next series. The wings can't take any chances in letting the flames get their game back. I think the next game will be a close one.

dont know if any one said this but i think we should get the brooms out cause i feel a sweep coming on... long live bernie the bird

its only game TWO for Chrissakes..KNOCK IT OFF. No one here wants to hear you saying stuff like that. Seriously

Be respectful and realize all the people on this board are HIGHLY Supersitious.

Oh man. I've tried not to be optimistic so far but dammmmn!! That was total sheer domination! The Flames have been pretty poor but our puck pressure is sick. Kipper is a beast and the Flames will bring it at home, but with Dom in net I like our chances of stealing one (I'm guessing game 4).

Another fantastic game; Kipper again was the only thing that kept it close.

I can't stress enough how much I want Sammy to be the odd man out when Bert comes back. His lazy penalty let Calgary back in, and he's atrocious on the point.

Great game by Lidstrom again! I hope we go into Calgary with the mentality that we're down 2 instead of being up. IF we take game 3, it's over, so you know we'll get their best effort.

Are you Rob Parker?

No he's someone who's been around the block enough to know you never call sweep after you won 2 home games. Anything can happen.

None of this sweep BS. This is hockey where anything can happen.

Anyways.

WOW those Wings are on Fire! They have got everything going for them and are playing some of the best hockey in YEARS! I gotta say something, Daniel Cleary played freaking PHENOMENAL today. Just wow! That guy is all heart. The way he kill penalties, forechecks, backechecks, takes plays away, sacrifices himself, hustles, etc.. he's just amazing. The whole line of him Drapes and Malts was by far the Wings best tonight. They absolutely shut down Iggy and his mates. :clap:

Franzen is a beast, and I love that guy more and more everyday. MULE 4 LYFE.

Flip...WHAT AN AMAZING GOAL!

Datsyuk is playing fantastic, as is Hank!

Everyone is doing there thing. All this and no Bert! I can't wait for Game 3 for Big Bert to be unleashed. It's especially important that he's back then because the Flames are PISSED and are going to come at the Wings any which way they can.

Damn, i missed filpulas goal, i was at a skating clinic and the tvs were on but i was doing something at the time, great win for the wings, Cleary showed alot of grit, especially in the corners and chllenging phaneuf.