• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

valteri filppulla

Rate this topic

Flip is an awesome player, hopefully the wings will keep him in detroit for a while.

no doubt they will ........i'd like to wait and see what he does next season and if hes got goot numbers at half the season id like to lock him up for like a 5 yr contract , 12.5 million ( 2.5 per) ......again depending what he does next season

What's even more impressive is how Flip and Huds are producing while getting only 8 minutes of ice/game.

Great to those guys contributing!

Absolutely. To win the cup, you need contributions from everyone. In all the cup years, we've had guys like Kocur, Maltby, Drapes, and others non-scorers get some important goals for us.

Guest Crymson
The Red Wings regained the two-goal cushion just over six minutes into the third. Detroit broke out quickly from their own end, and after Kiprusoff saved Johan Franzen on a 2-on-1, Filppula snapped the rebound home.

The rookie has now scored in each of his first two NHL playoff games.

"He probably wonders why the coach doesn't get him on the ice more, and the coach wonders that himself," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "My son told me when I got home from Game 1 [that] I didn't play Fil enough."

Too bad Flip is only getting 8 minutes a game, while lazie fair Robert Lang is getting nigh near 15-20 minutes and doesn't do s***. Just imagine if guys like Flip or Hudler got as much ice time as Lang.

flip has been fantastic. i really hope he can keep it going. a perfect situation would be for him to score an OT goal at the joe and the song, i dont know the name, but it goes "flip, flip, flip, flip. GAME OVA!" could be played.

Edited by wingschamps

Flips has been awesome, as is Huds, I totally and completely think that:

1. They should be in the game when Bert is back

and

2. They should be getting more ice time

flip has been fantastic. i really hope he can keep it going. a perfect situation would be for him to score an OT goal at the joe and the song, i dont know the name, but it goes "flip, flip, flip, flip. GAME OVA!" could be played.

That would be awesome!

btw the song is called game over by lil flip

Hey Aussie_Wing, every time Flip does something awesome I think of how ecstatic you must be. Your boy is rockin. Money in the bank, indeed.

Yeh I get pretty excited alright. :) His goal was the highlight of the game no doubt. And good to see Babcock's son is a fan too. :D

Flips has been awesome, as is Huds, I totally and completely think that:

1. They should be in the game when Bert is back

and

2. They should be getting more ice time

You forgot one:

3. Either Lang or Sameulsson should sit.

I cannot possibly express with words how infinitesimal the odds are for Lang being scratched.

I will use numbers.

1/1e10000000th.

Right there.

I know. It'll never happen. But it should.

The famous LGW line of "Lang is lazy and he sucks" couldn't be more true. I know you support Lang through the toughest of times, but you have to admit that Lang is not even showing an effort so far.

Like they were just talking about on Sportsworks. THIS LINE CANNOT BE BROKEN UP. WE WON'T HAVE IT.

Franzen Huds and Flip have been the best line so far in the two games. They gel great together and will only get better.

I suggest sitting Sammy. Please, Babs..PLEASE.

Leave the great 4th line the way it is. Take out Sammy on the second, replace him with Bert and Bert will spark up Calder and especially Langer.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I hate Lang just as much as the next guy, probably even more, but he is by far the best playoff performer for the wings since he was signed. Let's not sour on him yet. Look who he is playing with. Its a far cry from williams and Yzerman, thats for sure.

Back on topic, Filppula has been a force since he signed with the wings. Game in and game out he has had chances and made great plays despite 6-8 minutes of ice time. The only difference now is he found the back of the net twice instead of just making a highlight reel move denied by a circus save.

That would be awesome!

btw the song is called game over by lil flip

Wow, that needs to be his song... now.

Who is going to start the emailing campaign to someone in the Wings organization? That needs to happen.

I hate Lang just as much as the next guy, probably even more, but he is by far the best playoff performer for the wings since he was signed. Let's not sour on him yet. Look who he is playing with. Its a far cry from williams and Yzerman, thats for sure.

You consider Williams better than Calder? Wow, that's a first.

Yzerman, even with his injuries and age last year, was still better than Sameulsson and Lang are now. Lang has no excuse either. He has a decent linemate in Kyle Calder, and isn't getting it done. And even when Bert has been in the lineup and played on that line, Lang still hasn't done anything.

As far as this thing with Lang bringing it to the playoffs: He hasn't brought anything yet this year except a bag of donuts and cheeseburgers. At this rate, it's a far stretch that he'll pick it up either.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings