• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

PRE-GAME 3: (4/17) Red Wings @ Flames - 10:00 PM EDT

Rate this topic

Welcome to the boards, Christopher Tequila! Thanks for adding some pre-game insights.

While we can't rule out a complete playoff meltdown on Calgary's part (Lord knows we as Wings fans have seen it often enough) I can't help but think that there was some serious locker room ass whoopin's there. I look for Calgary to come out with their concentration on winning the game moreso than taking out players. I think they'll settle down and concentrate on passing and less defensive breakdowns. They're in the own barn tonight, which is exactly what they need. We're on the road, which never hurts us. I'm really, really hoping for some good playoff hockey tonight. Don't let me down, Flames!

I'm kind of on the fence about this one, whether to wake up for the game or not (game time is 5 a.m.). Nah who am I kidding, how could I miss this oh so important game. ;) Let's deliver the deadly third punch, GO WINGS! :siren:

Btw OsGOD, I love the sig! Can't stop laughing! :lol: Nice piece of art again Offsides. :thumbup:

Hello!

New member here. I couldn't resist commenting on tonights game.

In some ways I hope Bert doesn't play tonight. If it ain't broke don't fix it. We don't need to have him in the line up to push people around, the Wings are playing a pretty physical game already. They are also playing a SMART physical game. I think Calgary is having trouble doing the same thing. It seems as if they want to come out playing physical in the first period, but their style of physical play is putting them in the penalty box. The Wings are out-working the Flames and this is forcing them to take the penalties. If the Wings can start the game the same way and take the air our of the Saddledome, I don't think the Flames have much of a chance. It is going to be totally on the Wings to keep up the intensity through 60 minutes. The Wings seemed to back off the tiniest bit in the second period of the last game, and the announcers were talking about Calgary getting some momentum. But they still only managed 3 scoring chances in that period! Given what has happened the last few years, I was worried about playing Calgary in the first round, and I never expected it to be so one sided. It seems almost like Calgary hasn't decided to play yet, but I would like to think that the Wings are finally playing like the number one seed and dominating the number 8 like they should every year.

So I believe both teams will keep the same game plan for tonight. The Flames will again TRY to do what they said they were going to do the last two games, and the Wings will keep up the intensity and play the smart physical game they have played in the first two. I do think it can be a closer game if the Flames can keep their emotions in check and play smart, but if they come out like the last two they haven't got a chance.

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us!

I agree the Flames will come out flying tonight, they play well at home, much like the Wings. But the guys are ready for them. It should be much more of an even contest than the first two games, for sure. But the Wings will prevail! :thumbup:

FINALLY its about time Game 3 is here I cant wait for it 2 start, omg i dunno if its just me but my stomachs already in knots and so nervous about 2nite, its a big game if we win 2nite the series is pretty much done, but we lose than we give them momentum with 1 more game elft in calgary to follow and i def dont wanan go back to Detroit tied up at 2. I believe Detroit can pull it out because we just have the momentum, sure theyre an amazing home team but were not that bad of a road team so but it shall be a good Game! Come on boys lets Pull it out, we need the 1st goal to silence the crowd :siren:

LETS GO RED WINGS LETS GO!!! :clap::D

Zetterberg will break out tonight! You can't keep him off the scoresheet for long... Here's to hoping that the refs don't suddenly pocket their whistles tonight in Calgary--they've been calling the cheating well so far...

Wings win a close one...

I wanna see Bertuzzi....

Anyone have any more definite news on Bertuzzi? Or are they truly waiting till Game Time?

In some ways I hope Bert doesn't play tonight. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Welcome to the Boards, but I have to respectively disagree. :)

I don't think adding Bert would be viewed as a "fix" of the Wings current lineup, but more of an "upgrade". Sammy needs to sit and put Bert in his place. Sammy hasn't done much in this series so far, and replacing him with Bert would up our chances. I know Bert hasn't played too many games in the Red and White, but he has played smart physical hockey.

So - Sit Sammy, Play Bert!!!

Edited by WingsWingsWings

Anyone have any more definite news on Bertuzzi? Or are they truly waiting till Game Time?

I don't think adding Bert would be viewed as a "fix" of the Wings current lineup, but more of an "upgrade". Sammy needs to sit and put Bert in his place. Sammy hasn't done much in this series so far, and replacing him with Bert would up our chances. I know Bert hasn't played too many games in the Red and White, but he has played smart physical hockey.

I agree. If you've got a Corvette and it's running 180mph on unleaded regular, it won't hurt to fill it with Ultra.

When you put it that way, playing Bert seems like a no-brainer.

But Babcock's more likely to sit Hudler.

All of a sudden "Sit Hudler - Play Bert" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Man, I'm scared. Scared of getting my hopes up and having my heart broken again. IPB Image

I won't get home until 11:30 so hopefully the Wings are in a winning position by then!

When you put it that way, playing Bert seems like a no-brainer.

But Babcock's more likely to sit Hudler.

All of a sudden "Sit Hudler - Play Bert" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Making him the worst coach for the wings since Dave Lewis.

Com' on babs, pull your head out of your ass and sit the person not adding anything anything more than fruitless shots on goal.

Edited by OsGOD

I am confident our Defense will only allow 25 shots or less. We need Zetterberg to step up big in this game, if he can get a goal or 2 by kipper and add a assist then we will win this game easy IMO.

Wings win

Red Wings: 6 (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg (2), Calder, Lang)

Flames: 3 (Tanguay, Igilna, Hamrilik)

I don't feel overly confident in this one like I did for 1 and 2. Calgary isn't an away team..they are unstoppable at home though. I think It'll be a tough one..a real close one. Kipper will steal the show again, and I think his team will help him out.... But since I could never predict the Wings to Lose to the Flames...I'm gonna say 2-1 Wings.

Zetterberg, Lang

Iginla

Go Wings.

Let's see:

1. Nerves already kicking for Game 3: CHECK

2. 5 1/2 hours after work to waste until gametime: CHECK

3. 10 beers in the fridge: CHECK

4. ability to nap to waste time? NOPE, see #1.

5. XBox Live hockey? possibility

6. XBox Live baseball? CHECK, great game.

7. 2 1/2 hours to waste @ work? CHECK

Apologies all around, I'm freaking nervous, and I only have you LGW'ers to vent to! :P As a sidenote, CalgaryPuck.com is a great board as well!

Making him the worst coach for the wings since Dave Lewis.

Hey, isn't he the only coach since Dave Lewis! :P

BTW - I agree; sit Sammy, not Huds.