• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MotorCityRed

Chelios: Asset or Liability?

Rate this topic

Cheli is a HOF player. No doubt. And his knowledge of the game is unquestionable. But is it time for this guy to step off the ice as a player and stand behind the bench as a coach? Is he getting beat too often on defense or is he providing solid help for Hasek? Your thoughts?

he lane to break up that pass.If I recall, he was only at fault for one of the goals last night... and on that one, I don't think he could be held liable... there was another stick in t

Overalll he's still a pretty good defenseman, physically and mentally.

cheli is not the problem period. he is a war horse and a great asset to this team . he moved his stick the wrong way , and now are we going to hear that he is too old ?????come on .........there are still 3 games left in this series , and i think cheli is just fine , as is the rest of the team ......the power play and penalty killing is a whole different story .........

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I think Cheli is a great player to have. And despite being 45 he still is an excellent positional defensman. I mean sure, he's not the same great goal scorer he used to be, but his role is still very important, and he shows up every night looking 15 years younger than he is. Now 3 or 4 years down the road he might be a liability, but for now hes a great piece to this possible Championship puzzle.

chelios is great, he made one mistake swinging his stick to the wrong passing lane, ended in a goal. Id discuss the other prevalent problems before blaming chelios or our defense

Are you seriously asking that question?

He battles, never gives up on the play, plays smart... you go into the corner with him and he's not going to wait patiently for you to make a move. He's gritty... he doesn't start much anymore but he won't take anything either. He's a great mentor to Lebda.

He never quits.

Didn't Cheli invent dirt? Hah, he is a huge asset to our team. What hasn't this guy been through? He is tough, smart, and can play in any situation. If anything, I'd like to see him get more ice time. And boy, what a freakin' cannon he's got. Who else can break glass from center ice, off balance, on one foot?! That's just nuts.

He's one of the few players that we know plays to play and not for the money. He gives his all every shift.

For sure, you gotta know a Hall-of-Famer who plays for 850k is not playing for the money. I love that about Cheli. It shows that he's here every night b/c we wants to be.

I met Cheli when he was playing for the Motor City Mechanics. He was sucha nice guy. He didn't seem to mind signing autographs and talking to the fans. Right now Cheli is my fav guy on the team. He works so hard, it doesn't matter how old he is he still plays very well. Why don't we discuss who REALLY should be taken out of the line-up like Samuelson.

Cheli rules. He plays with his heart. You can see it game in, game out. He always gives it his all, and has been a great player this post-season, as usual. He should stay as long as he keeps it up. Why is this question even asked?

Guest Crymson

Cheli is a HOF player. No doubt. And his knowledge of the game is unquestionable. But is it time for this guy to step off the ice as a player and stand behind the bench as a coach? Is he getting beat too often on defense or is he providing solid help for Hasek? Your thoughts?

Chelios played so solidly for a long time as to be under the radar; ONE bad game, and you're already saying this. Give me a break.

Well he isn't cared for much outside of the city he plays in but he is a heck of a presence on the ice. I'd say he has to be an asset for you guys.