• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

Pre-GAME 6: (4/22) Red Wings @ Flames - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

I honestly have a great feeling that this is it. Wings are going to win and big, again. The Flames have made an embarssment of themselves, and every team in the league wants to see them fail for their goonery, and their lack of class.

The Wings know what they have to do, and they know to take advantag and put em away NOW!!

I just PRAY that the goons try and not injure our guys. That's the only thing that im really afraid of.

Wings win it 5-3 (2 by Lidstrom, Hank, Homer, Tuzzi)

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually feel good too :D...The flames before game 1 smacked on Hasek for being old. Igoonla before game 2 talked about being excited for the game because they have figured out their problems. NOW, before game 6, he is talking about looking forward to game 6. Keep your mouth and your team's mouths shut Captain Visor. As long as he keeps blabbing, I feel good. LETS GO WINGS.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

First of all, I expect to wake up in a few hours and find out that some suspensions have been handed down. If there isn't at least one, I will be seriously bringing into question the League management. As if I don't already. :angry:

Second, I expect our guys to show what a class act they are and not stoop to the basement level mentality of Calgary. We are too good for that.

That said, I expect a good game. And I think we will prevail. No, I take that back. I KNOW WE WILL.

In the words of Little Feat, 'Move on over...stand aside...my cruise control's in overdrive."

Take 'em down, boys.

NO MERCY!

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I have a really strong feeling that not only are we gonna win in Calgary. But we're gonna whoop their asses. Wings 4 Flames 1. I still think the refs are gonna continue their bulls*** calls towards us. But we're gonna battle through it and DOMINATE in THEIR house. GO RED WINGS BABY!!!

I have a good feeling, too, guys! GRAR <--- me making a lion-like noise.

I'm just concerned about coming out and getting injured...which I think could be a problem at first if we go up early. If the game is close they will be forced to be relatively behaved (as behaved as the refs make them be). If we are up by a lot I think they'd just probably kinda give up and we'd be safe again (you never do know though). It's the wounded animal stage that worries me. The stage when they are wounded but not quite defeated yet.

If the Flames don't get their asses suspended up and down the board (which is likely they won't) I hope it helps us out a little in the reffing. How about a little make up calls for the crap they missed in the game? I'm not asking for them to cheat for us...just call the game fairly..

No predictions...like always, but that indignant anger better still be there!

This will be a great one I think.. Flames fans condoning any kind of action that their frustrated team took yesterday are mentally ill.

Wings win a close one, maybe 2-1, or 3-2.. somehing like that.

Zetterberg (obviously) seems to have gotten his touch back, which is bad news. Z @ even 80% is FAR AND AWAY better than any forward with a Flames sweater on, in my opinion.

...........I think I got up too early.

:lol: ME TOO!! It's Sunday for pete's sake! :D

Guest Tunbo Batman

I think your team needs to man up and stop crying like pansies..

look, i know its against forum rules, but....can you go away please?

McLennan should definitely be suspended. But as Franzen said, who cares? He isn't playing anyway. 18 seconds is already 18 more seconds than he was expected to play.

Slainkow should get a 1 game suspension for that cheap hit... not to mention horrible acting on a clear dive AFTER he threw the punch.

But Iginla? No way. Some frustrated cross-checks & hooks? I've lost all of my respect for the guy. Penalties, sure, but there wasn't anything he did that crossed the line into 'suspension' territory. Let's face it, after 20 years of having pure-class captains, his behavior just seems more abhorent to us wing fans.

The real question for me, is what about Calgary's Playfair? That's an oxymoron that eclipses 'Military Intelligence'. It looked to me like he sent in McLennan for the expressed purpose of stirring up trouble. That's a fine & ejection if I remember correctly... it's obvious he wanted the goalie to stand up to our screeners, without sacrificing Kipper. Hell, listen to his (paraphrased) comments AFTER the game: We can debate this forever, good or bad, we just came to play. Sounds like a guy justifying his actions in taking the 'bad' road.

The NHL (if they wish to have any credibility) needs to look at McLenan, Langkow, & Playfair. Of those, I suspect only McLennan will get sacrificed, since the NHL knows it won't affect the outcome of the series... i.e. they'll take the ball-less route & point to McLennan & say 'we can't allow this' while letting Langkow/Playfair get away with their contributions...

Edited by ColdWarrior

Still waiting for suspensions.

Yesterday, though, the Wings showed that they can play through a large disparity of penalties and prevail. Let's do it again in Calgary, because we know there's going to be a glut of BS calls.

Prediction:

The good news?

The Flames come dressed in wrestling attire and get scored on because they have no one in net while they do tag team moves on Cleary. Meanwhile, Iginla loses Intercontinental Championship to Bertuzzi by submission later in the night. Then the 'Pain Train' Lilja does the Swedish Steam Engine hip check on Langkow in the final minutes.

The bad news?

Marty McSorley is guest referee.

Regardless, Wings win 3-1.

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER!!! WHEN FRANZEN BREAKS OUT THE 24" PYTHONS ON YOU!!!!!! BROTHER BROTHER!! :lol:

Guest Agalloch

Eleven hours until gametime, and still no news of suspensions? Dumb. It shouldn't take this long to decide. It should simply go like this:

McClennan: 10 games

Langkow: 3 games

Iginla and anyone else: 0 games

Eleven hours until gametime, and still no news of suspensions? Dumb. It shouldn't take this long to decide. It should simply go like this:

McClennan: 10 games

Langkow: 3 games

Iginla and anyone else: 0 games

yeah seriously, what the hell are they waiting for? I'm getting mad :angry:

Edited by Zeta Power 40

any news on suspensions?

I wasnt even able to watch the 3rd period yesterday...but i got to see clips on youtube (thank god). and all i can seriously say is that the nhl should be ashamed of having such tasteless players in the league. it seriously just blows my mind.

wings win it tonight...for sure.