• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sully75

Lang Goal?

Rate this topic

You guys are HILARIOUS...maybe I should just keep you guessing. I can't believe this incited a half page of debate.

The person who knows me best has it right...and the person who was most clutch is on my sig...clearly!!!

IPB Image

I will probably change it because I want my sig to be all red...but I love his face after that goal!

*sigh* Damn it.

That entire play was great. From Lidstrom forcing Cheechoo or whoever to the outside, Schneider stopping the puck from going in the empty net, Flip battling for the puck on the boards and feeding Lang, who beautifully found the back of the net. :siren:

Lang executed perfectly :clap::clap: but thank god his teamates did too. Great play. I can watch that over and over. It will be remembered for years to come (especially if they keep winning like I think they will).

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

My thoughts exactly. I have been a Langer fan since he made such a huge splash in his first game as a Wing!

I'm getting a little emotional about this today.....this doesn't mean were going to stop saying he's Lazy and he Suck does it????? :(

Guest GordieSid&Ted

So, you have to ask yourself if that Lang goal is going to be this year's version of the Lidstrom goal against Vancouver in '02.

It's an interesting thought. IMO, the Sharks aren't as fragile as that Canuck team. They'll likely rebound from it. Thornton is too good a player and leader to allow them to implode.

As for the Lang goal, what's important about that goal was its placement. I've been screaming at my TV set nonstop for the boys to shoot the puck low and to stop shooting high glove. How many times has Nabby just ripped a puck out of the air that was chest high glove side? His glove is too good. IMO, on that goal Nabby was probably thinking Lang would go high glove since that is what's been happening, instead Lang put it lower and it squeaked between his arm and body. IMO, Nabby let that one through because he was anticipating getting his glove out and in position to snag the high shot.

IMO, we need to shoot more pucks low on him where he tends to kick out rebounds without a terrible amount of directional control.

It's just a goal, and its not a "Turning point" until we know what happens in games 5, 6 and(maybe) 7. I mean, who scored the game winner in game 4 against Edmonton last year in the playoffs? That wasn't a "turning point" in the end. It certainly was a huge goal though as it kept us in the series.

Funny how both of Lang's goals were goals from the circle and both were lazers for the back of the net :lol:

Both times the announcers said something to the affect of "Mikka/Nabakov probably wants that one back"

You were very close!

Aww thanks Jen...you're sweet. Of course, now that I look at the picture, it can only be Langer. Damn 20/20 hindsight. <_< I guess I was just intoxicated with love for Schneids last night. :lol:

Aww thanks Jen...you're sweet. Of course, now that I look at the picture, it can only be Langer. Damn 20/20 hindsight. <_< I guess I was just intoxicated with love for Schneids last night. :lol:

Naturally!

offsides: your sig is absolutely the greatest one i have ever seen!!!

i hadn't noticed that each one is the hero of that win. wow, maybe im retarded. i thought it was random wings but that is fantastic, great work.

Ha ha, yes. It is the #1 player as voted on by me :D There are many factors taken into consideration...

I agree that we need to stay away from the glove and shoot low... Nabokov has given up some Osgood-like rebounds when we've shot low, so let's do some more of it! Holmstrom will be there to slam in the rebounds.

Anyone read Lang's comment on the goal. I think it was in the freep, he was asked about the play and how Rivet backed off to cover Franzen and Lang answered something like "well wouldn't you back off too if you saw me coming?" I thought that was messed up, either he meant, he had to back off because he would have dished it to Franzen or Rivet had to back off because Lang is so sweet. I hope he didn't mean the latter - hockey players don't say those kinds of things... let the NBA have the cockiness so I never have to witness it.

Good ol' Bobby Lang... I love that bastard :rolleyes:

just when you wanna smack him, he saves a series. what a tease! :lol:

i love how you bash him even in compliment. cracks me up. what a bastard! haha. So true though, he's such a roller coaster ride. Can't win with him, can't win without him.

Naturally!

Ha ha, yes. It is the #1 player as voted on by me :DThere are many factors taken into consideration...

:D They are all pictures of OsGOD's favorites... Game 5's pic will be the Oz.... Mark my words!

Edited by OsGOD

it was the Karma of the autographed Bobbert sweater, I'm tellin' you guys/gals.. In between periods, all stressed out, gazing into my firepit.. I called upon his prowess, I searched out for some sort of mental contact with the ineffable Langer, and he came through... (probably because I was swilling Bud Lights at the time - the same beer he and Huddles were swilling that precious night I got him to autograph my sweater.. ) :P

Funny how both of Lang's goals were goals from the circle and both were lazers for the back of the net :lol:

Both times the announcers said something to the affect of "Mikka/Nabakov probably wants that one back"

Laser my ass. I'll never, ever, ever forget that that son of a ***** FANNED on the tying goal in Game 6 to beat Kipper between the legs. He was aiming high, goddamnit, and he would've been stoned (like he was anyways) if he had gotten off the shot he wanted. Clutch, but lucky, but clutch...