• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ducks2007

Go Ducks

Rate this topic

I do believe that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the two best players in the NHL. However, I think the Ducks depth will definitely overcome what the Wings will be able to offer

Edited by Ducks2007

Honestly, I have never beena fan of Lang, not quick enough and lacks hustle.

He did score that great goal in game 4, however, I think he is too overated.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, good one :lol::clap:

I like how you said that tentatively, as if people might yell at you....NOOB :D:lol:

J/k

I do believe that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the two best players in the NHL. However, I think the Ducks depth will definitely overcome what the Wings will be able to offer

ur making us look bad. im kidding.

Ever hear of a guy namd Hudler? Yeah, I thought not. Well he's awesome. Probably, would be the captain on every *other* team in the NHL...but the Wings are so good that he doesn't even play.

BOOYA...

Okay, I'm just havin' some fun with you duckies :lol:

Yes I have heard of Jiri Hudler. Back when the Wings won the Cup in 2002, they had a deep defenseive squad even after Fisher was suspended for game 5 of the Cup Finals. Jiri Slegr replaced him in that game even after Fedorov was a possibility to fill in on defense for that game 5. Thats why the Wings defense will fall short in this series. I follow the Wings very closely, but I also follow the Ducks as they are my team

Edited by Ducks2007

The Ducks have a huge strength in that they have Pronger and Niedermayer.

The problem is that they don't have much else.

Yes, Anaheim can limit scoring chances on Giguere, who while positionally sound is not terribly agile.

But that strategy only worked for a limited tme for San Jose before Detroit broke it. In fact, Playing San Jose might have been the best possible preparation for Detroit heading into the next series--as has been said many times, Anaheim and San Jose have very similar games. Detroit will already be used to the west coast road games.

Detroit has face the two teams most similar to Anaheim in style and skill level, and has been the better team for the majority of the two series. Anaheim, on the other hand, has faced the two weakest teams in the playoffs, teams that bear little resemblance to their next opponent in skill level or style.

Detroit will take down Anaheim in six games, for the same reason Detroit has been taken down many times recently--Anaheim's lack of adversity, and therefore, the lack of knowledge how to deal with it, will put them in an early hole they won't recover from.

Guest Crymson

Go Wings, beat the crap out of Chrissy and Salami.

Thanks brohim! Your team was a class act, by the way. What a series!

By the way, the dude on the left in your sig looks like Filpulla. :thumbup:

Yes I have heard of Jiri Hudler. Back when the Wings won the Cup in 2002, they had a deep defenseive squad even after Fisher was suspended for game 5 of the Cup Finals. Jiri Slegr replaced him in that game even after Fedorov was a possibility to fill in on defense for that game 5. Thats why the Wings defense will fall short in this series. I follow the Wings very closely, but I also follow the Ducks as they are my team

Please clarify--as of now, this comment makes zero sense to me. The Wings allowed the lowest number of shots of any team in the league in the regular season. That's the D's job. Therefore they are pretty good.

Edited by Crymson

I was just trying to say that I did know about jiri Hudler, who plays center for the Wings, in regards to a previous post.

Then went on to state why the Wings defense will fall short in this series, because of the lack of depth.

The Wings had a lot of blueline depth in the 2002 Cup run, and before game 5 began vs. Carolina, Bowman was considering using Fedorov as a defenseman in replace for Jiri Fisher, who was suspended for that game 5.

All in all, the blueline will be a major weakness for the wings this series, IMO

I'm thinking its time to get some revenge on the Ducks. Heck, we took out our revenge of 2004 in the first round, maybe a bit of 1994 this year haha (I hope I got that right..) so why not get revenge on 2003 while we're at it? :D

GO WINGS!!

Hmm, this sounds very familiar. You know the whole ignorant criticism of slowness (even though we have a lot of new talented young guys who a pretty quick, but some people don't care to even notice), and I guess our defense is lackluster with what will be five time Norris trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom and the ageless wonder Chris Chelios. Not to mention we also have hard hitting Danny Markov, and then the youngster Brett Lebda who looks like he's a veteran with his stellar play. Yeah we're just old and slow. :rolleyes:

It's okay - we've already heard it from every teams fan base in the postseason. You seen what happened to them. :D

So if you've heard of Hudler...you realize that Babs can pull him in at ANY time and he can open a can of Whoop Ass on the Ducks. He isn't afraid of Ninjas :ph34r: anymore, and he isn't afraid of Ducks. Go lil Jiri :siren:

Jiri Hudler could probably beat the Ducks by himself, but we are going to give you a fighting chance...and therefore he will sit.

we are so F'ed.... did you guys know that Pronger is 6'6

:ph34r:

that's like...2 Ozzies

*cowers*

So if you've heard of Hudler...you realize that Babs can pull him in at ANY time and he can open a can of Whoop Ass on the Ducks. He isn't afraid of Ninjas :ph34r: anymore, and he isn't afraid of Ducks. Go lil Jiri :siren:

Jiri Hudler could probably beat the Ducks by himself, but we are going to give you a fighting chance...and therefore he will sit.

:ph34r:

that's like...2 Ozzies

*cowers*

:lol:

:clap:

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Are you SURE you're not a Wings fan? You'll fit right in here at LGW with that attitude.