• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Statts

Hasek: "I may have played my last game"

Rate this topic

How about looking at the huge saves he made in addition? News-flash, big guy: goalies don't always look like world-beaters when they're getting scored on.

Selanne scored 48 goals this season. I'm sure the goalie looked great on every one of them.

:unsure:

So Hasek looked good huh?

Maybe I missed something.

it looked to me like dom was the only one giving his heart and soul on every shot trying to keep us in the game. he was trying as hard as he could, and, watching this game, that cannot be said for the entirety of the team in the first 2 frames

To the posters who are roasting him really badly, his "flopping around" has won him 6 Vezina's in his career. Now he should change his style because the Wings got eliminated and the Ducks could've easily had 6, 7 goals this last game? Yikes...

Anyways, locker room b.s./what Hasek did off the ice in the past aside and whether you like Hasek the person or not, Hasek has proved that he and his groun can hold up physically even over 40. And even being over the hill, he's still one of the better goalies in the league when he's healthy. Was the case this year, and it was the case last year in Ottawa.

I definitely wouldn't have said this at the beginning of the season, but if Hasek think he still has enough fuel left in the tank physically, I'd definitely welcome him back because I have little doubt that he still has it mentally to push himself hard.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I want Hasek back. He brings confidence. There's nothing he could have done about those goals scored yesterday...and he was 46 seconds away from a shutout in game 5...he played well.

The people dogging Hasek's style of play are retarded. You guys didn't dog him out after he earned shutouts. He's always been that way and that's why he's a special goalie. My God.

Actually its

No sergei = No Cup

We have won without Dom before and I am confident we will win after him (well if we get sergei back ;) )

NO DOM = NO CUP

with an ozzie & howard tandem the wings will be lucky to make it this far next year, unless howard pulls a cam ward.

bingo.

especially on the Howard part - people would actually favor an Ozzie/Howard tandem over Dom Hasek?

naw mayne, id love to see Dom back again.

Howard is nowhere near taking us this far.

i love dom1!

ps. today's frozen moment is sickening

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...ge=FrozenMoment

NO DOM = NO CUP

with an ozzie & howard tandem the wings will be lucky to make it this far next year, unless howard pulls a cam ward.

Oh, are we playing for the Cup this year? I could have sworn we were eliminated last night......

I, for one, hope Dom comes back for one more year. He was absolutely good enough in this run. The combination of Wings not burrying chances, making monumental mistakes at inoportune times, and depth issues due to injury was their ultimate downfall. Not Hasek. The Wings are totally screwed if Dom doesn't come back next year...that is unless they are able to somehow convince Giggy to come here which is unlikely in my opinion, but if Dom does not decide to play one more year in Motown he is obviously the best option...and Holland should be very active in trying to acquire him. Osgood is not the answer. If Ozzie is their starter next year they will have exactly a 0.0% chance of winning the cup...and they don't have anyone ready to take over the starting job in the system. :scared:

The importance of goaltending in the playoffs cannot be overstated. If it wasn't for Giggy stealing game 5 and to a lesser extent game 4(third period anyway) we would all be talking SCF matchups between Wings and Sens. Conversly, the same argument could be made for Dom in the first 2 at the Joe--and the first 2 against the Sharks. The Ducks owned the first two, and if it wasn't for Dom stealing game 1 the Wings would have never really made it a series.

I hope the Osgood fans do not view this as bashing, because it is not. I happen to like Osgood, and given his experience he can be a servicable backup regardless of who the Wings decide to go with as starter next year. However, he simply does not posses the skillset at this point in his career to be the starter for a legitimate cup contender.

Good for Dom, now he can lay on his back all he wants

I really think (and have for years) that we need to do some heavy recruiting between the posts. Someone young and promising that we can enjoy for years AND years, not year TO year.

I really think (and have for years) that we need to do some heavy recruiting between the posts. Someone young and promising that we can enjoy for years AND years, not year TO year.

That'd be Jimmy Howard, if his development continues as planned. The key here is that he isn't quite ready to make the jump just yet and ideally needs another year of seasoning.

Hence why, at this stage, it's a good idea to bring back Hasek if he's willing to hold off retirement for another season. He was tremendous for long stretches in the postseason and I strongly believe if he's paced during the regular season with starts from Osgood (save the odd Howard call-up) we'll be in good shape.

IMO, the Wings aren't a Cup contender next year without him, because I don't see this team making a big free agent splash between the nets (due to the limited market, and price of those that are there). I can't see a Howard/Osgood tandem winning a Western Conference title -- let alone a Stanley Cup -- when you're dealing with teams that are backstopped by the Roberto Luongos, Miika Kiprusoffs, J.S. Gigueres (assuming he re-signs), Nabokov/Toskalas, etc. that reside in this conference.

That'd be Jimmy Howard, if his development continues as planned. The key here is that he isn't quite ready to make the jump just yet and ideally needs another year of seasoning.

Hence why, at this stage, it's a good idea to bring back Hasek if he's willing to hold off retirement for another season. He was tremendous for long stretches in the postseason and I strongly believe if he's paced during the regular season with starts from Osgood (save the odd Howard call-up) we'll be in good shape.

IMO, the Wings aren't a Cup contender next year without him, because I don't see this team making a big free agent splash between the nets (due to the limited market, and price of those that are there). I can't see a Howard/Osgood tandem winning a Western Conference title -- let alone a Stanley Cup -- when you're dealing with teams that are backstopped by the Roberto Luongos, Miika Kiprusoffs, J.S. Gigueres (assuming he re-signs), Nabokov/Toskalas, etc. that reside in this conference.

Absolutely. An ozzie/howard tandem would rank 7th or 8th among the likes of goalies that make the playoffs.

I like Dom and I would love to have him back for another season.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he retires. Now he can end his at his own will and after proving his critics wrong rather than being forced into retirement by an injury.

I hope Dom comes back next year. He can be a bit crazy coming out of the net, but even at this stage of his career, he's still a hell of a goalie.

He has the "win now" personality that I love. I have a feeling that he badly wants to win another Cup, so he could be back.

I hope he goes. I'm so sick of hearing how good dom was this year. his numbers were good cuz of our D. he got like 13 to 19 shots a game. i cant stand his style of play it only works when he gets lucky and the puck hits him. this last game how many of them 4 goals looked the same cuz all he did was let it hit him the fell down and spread his arms out hoping it get shuved in to him but always in the back of the net instead.

sorry but i was a dom fan when he was with buf. please leave for good this time

i cant stand his style of play it only works when he gets lucky and the puck hits him. this last game how many of them 4 goals looked the same cuz all he did was let it hit him the fell down and spread his arms out hoping it get shuved in to him but always in the back of the net instead.

Sorry dude, but he's been playing that style his whole career and he's arguably the best goalie of all-time. His style has nothing to do with luck.

Actually its

No sergei = No Cup

We have won without Dom before and I am confident we will win after him (well if we get sergei back ;) )

Sergei Fedorov is shot. Pick up Gomez if you want a quality center man. For the Hasek detractors i would be neutral on him. He played well this year,but if you're looking to the long term then perhaps detroit should make a pitch for Backstrom. Its a tough decision and i'd hate to be Holland.

Hasek is the type of goalie who can completely rob the opposing team when they take advantage of a weak defense, and as I'd like to believe we are about the strongest team defensively, I don't see us being cup-worthy without Dom. Not for a couple years, at least.

Who knows, maybe Howard will be some prodigy and keep our chances very high, but if there we're any other goalie in net this year (besides Kippursoft, maybe), I don't think the Wings would've gotten to where they did.