• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Kozzie returning to the Wings?

Rate this topic

Kozlov came back from a horrific car crash when he was 19 to have a successful career in the NHL. At 5'10 he's undersized, but has proved he's tough as nails. He's never afraid to go into corners. And remember when Stevens nearly took his head off?

In short, you and your homophobic comment are way f*cking off base.

Tree stump>you

:clap::clap::clap:

Just because someone's under 6 feet doesn't make them a *****. Koz never acted like a ***** here, and incase you forgot we have some "soft players" like Dats who'er absolutely vital to this club.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

I agree that in their prime Fedorov was absolutely the more dominant more complete player. But he's not been that guy for four years now. He's a shadow of his former self. Fedorov played 73 games this year and managed 18 goals playing almost 20 minutes a game. Granted, Columbus is terrible, but he used to be the go to guy that made everyone around him better.

Fedorov also played almost exclusively on the blueline for the second half of the season. Until that point, he had more goals and points than Pavel Datsyuk.

Fedorov also played almost exclusively on the blueline for the second half of the season. Until that point, he had more goals and points than Pavel Datsyuk.

I knew they were playing him on the blueline a litte, but I didn't think it was most of the second half of the season.

why? because they're so deep on offense?? :crazy:

I knew they were playing him on the blueline a litte, but I didn't think it was most of the second half of the season.

why? because they're so deep on offense?? :crazy:

Columbus moved Fedorov to defense because their regular defensemen were depleted by injuries. Foote, Berard, Westcott, and Klesla all missed lengthy amounts of time from being hurt. Besides, it's not like Sergei was putting up massive numbers on offense anyways.

not to add fuel to this fire,...but reports out of columbus is that one of the things the new GM could have to do is buy out federov's contract. If that happens,...i'm afraid there's no way he doesn't come running back here.

Obviously you don't recall the repeated benchings by Bowman? The lack of backchecking? The poor passing along with the befuddled expression on his face - "duh, did I just do something wrong"? The overall indifference he showcased on a nightly basis for the better portion of his last 2 seasons in Detroit?

I honestly would've been happy with a dozen Tim Hortons donuts for Kozzie; he IMHO was as worthless as Lang was to us this past year...In getting Hasek as part of the deal - I was happier than a pig in poop!

No way do I want to see Holland pi$$ away part of the cap on Slava Kozlov; it'd be much more wise to add somebody whom not only has a good set of hands, but grit/size, & most of all some "heart" as well...Hartnell is 1 guy that comes to mind.

Only if it was that easy, i wonder why teams have not called you yet for GM postions? When was Kozzie in DET almost 6 years ago. A guy can change you know. He had 80 points this year so one he must pass the puck better. 2 he must score alot. or 3 must do the both pretty well. Dont see why we would not want a guy like this. Numbers like Dury Smyth but i'm sure at much chepper.

not to add fuel to this fire,...but reports out of columbus is that one of the things the new GM could have to do is buy out federov's contract. If that happens,...i'm afraid there's no way he doesn't come running back here.

I would have no problem's at all if Feds came back to play for the Wings , if the price was right.

If that played out, I wouldn't be surprise if Feds ended up in Ottawa now either. Seeing how Murray's the new GM and all. I think the Wings would greatly benifit from Kozzie and Fedorov coming back. :thumbup: BTW, where's all the foaming at the mouth over Big E that I've had to sit and listen too for the past 5 or so years? hahahah! that guy's a joke. I can see it now :rolleyes: "Imagine a line of Bert-Big E-Franzen!!!!!111"

Columbus moved Fedorov to defense because their regular defensemen were depleted by injuries. Foote, Berard, Westcott, and Klesla all missed lengthy amounts of time from being hurt. Besides, it's not like Sergei was putting up massive numbers on offense anyways.

well that was my original point. that Sergei was hardly the offense force he used to be. but Eva seemed to imply it was because they had him on D half the season. and honestly I haven't seen enough of them to know if that was true or not.

BTW, where's all the foaming at the mouth over Big E that I've had to sit and listen too for the past 5 or so years? hahahah! that guy's a joke. I can see it now :rolleyes: "Imagine a line of Bert-Big E-Franzen!!!!!111"

Nobody has wanted Lindros on this team in over 5 years. He's a vegetable.

Though you better believe some team will still try to salvage whatever is left of him. Usually, you're destined to get about 5-10 games out of him where he looks really good, like he used to be. The rest of games after that? He's either invisable, or playing really, really bad. He's basically an older version of Nik Antropov, injuries and all.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Nobody has wanted Lindros on this team in over 5 years. He's a vegetable.

Though you better believe some team will still try to salvage whatever is left of him. Usually, you're destined to get about 5-10 games out of him where he looks really good, like he used to be. The rest of games after that? He's either invisable, or playing really, really bad. He's basically an older version of Nik Antropov, injuries and all.

I'd take Lindros 51 games over Antropovs 53 games anyday.

I'd take Lindros 51 games over Antropovs 53 games anyday.

Lindros is a little bit more physical then Antropov.

It's a shame Lindros is such a mess now. He'd be a decent fit as a bargin forward for the Wings on the 2nd line. But because of his injuries, I really hope the Wings don't even consider it. I mean, he shows his 5-10 games of great play every season (like Antropov but better), but the rest is history. It wouldn't be worth it.

well that was my original point. that Sergei was hardly the offense force he used to be. but Eva seemed to imply it was because they had him on D half the season. and honestly I haven't seen enough of them to know if that was true or not.

Fedorov's numbers this season.

Start-Jan 6th©: 36GP, 13g-15a-28pt

Jan 16th-Mar 10th ©: 24GP, 4g-7a-11pt

Mar 14th-End (D): 13GP, 1g-2a-3pt

In the game on Jan 6th, Fedorov only played about five minutes before being injured. He next played on Jan 16th, and clearly was not all back. Even so, Fedorov's offensive production from the blueline was a step down from what it was after he was injured. If you project Fedorov's "healthy" numbers over the 73 games he played, assuming he doesn't get injured or move to defense, and he comes out with 26g-30a-56pt. That's pretty solid for a guy who also plays Selke-caliber defense.

Also, for the record, when Fedorov went down injured, Pavel Datsyuk's stats were 38GP, 10g-21a-31pt. Pretty close, don't you think?

Fedorov's numbers this season.

Start-Jan 6th©: 36GP, 13g-15a-28pt

Jan 16th-Mar 10th ©: 24GP, 4g-7a-11pt

Mar 14th-End (D): 13GP, 1g-2a-3pt

In the game on Jan 6th, Fedorov only played about five minutes before being injured. He next played on Jan 16th, and clearly was not all back. Even so, Fedorov's offensive production from the blueline was a step down from what it was after he was injured. If you project Fedorov's "healthy" numbers over the 73 games he played, assuming he doesn't get injured or move to defense, and he comes out with 26g-30a-56pt. That's pretty solid for a guy who also plays Selke-caliber defense.

Also, for the record, when Fedorov went down injured, Pavel Datsyuk's stats were 38GP, 10g-21a-31pt. Pretty close, don't you think?

Yeah, but because we have Pavel and Hank, I just don't see a strong need for the Wings to sign an aging Fedorov.

Yeah, but because we have Pavel and Hank, I just don't see a strong need for the Wings to sign an aging Fedorov.

Fedorov should only be looked at as a potential acquisition if he plays this season like he did the first half of last season, and the Wings are looking to add a rental forward at the deadline. The only other realistic scenario of a Fedorov return is as a cheap addition if his contract is bought out, but that doesn't make sense for Columbus to do because they'd only save 2m in cap space, and that wouldn't replace Fedorov.