• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

He said NFM did it with no explanation, but you have to admit the guy wasnt that bad. He took so much s*** from everybody and never gave it back. The worst thing he ever did was Carey Price trolling and that was just hilarious.

The guy definitely kept everyone on their toes. He made some of the weirdest comments, but you could tell it was all an act.

He said NFM did it with no explanation, but you have to admit the guy wasnt that bad. He took so much s*** from everybody and never gave it back. The worst thing he ever did was Carey Price trolling and that was just hilarious.

I agree. I used to have a hard time telling if he knew he was being goofy, or if he was serious... and then caught on that it was silly, so he would add the content to his schtick.

I guess I never really got what made people so mad at him. There are other posters who are much more obnoxious in my opinion, but they weren't banned permanently. Perhaps he did something we don't know about? Dunno.

I agree. I used to have a hard time telling if he knew he was being goofy, or if he was serious... and then caught on that it was silly, so he would add the content to his schtick.

I guess I never really got what made people so mad at him. There are other posters who are much more obnoxious in my opinion, but they weren't banned permanently. Perhaps he did something we don't know about? Dunno.

I agree with all the above. I kinda would like to know why he got the hammer, though. There have been several times where I matched "dick-headed-ness" with folks around here and got warnings and posts deleted. I mostly lurk now...fear of the hammer?!

I agree with all the above. I kinda would like to know why he got the hammer, though. There have been several times where I matched "dick-headed-ness" with folks around here and got warnings and posts deleted. I mostly lurk now...fear of the hammer?!

Well, mostly I think the mods here are fair, but not always. I will refrain from examples but I've been here long enough to have a list of them.

Anyway, if my sig and avatar haven't gotten me banned here :P , I can't imagine what Mindy did or said to jump the shark.

players who love the game shouldn't quit because others think they should.

Amen.

"When was the last time you gave up something you loved because it bothered other people? And if you did, what does that say about you?"

This author sums up the essence of Dominik, IMO.

629f66da48f287debcab1aa59574.jpg

Edited by puckloo39

I think that applies to many things in our lives. We shouldn't give up doing something we love simply because others don't approve. Same goes for the company you keep, if you think that these things/people are good for you that is all that matters. Life is too short to worry about living your life in a manner someone else thinks is "right" instead of what makes you happy.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

the game tonight should be a good one. even if theres no crosby gotta love it when the pens/wings face one other and especially in this day and age . 08 stanley cup, 09 stanley cup, the incident that happened last year with z/crosby and howard/crosby....could you be any more excited? i expect the GDT to be at least 40 pages tonight. although i think it will only get 30.

back in the year 1990 after watching a 90s hockey game, drinking your 90s hot chocolate and sitting in your 90s sofa, while listening to poison on your 90s radio. Could you honestly tell me that in 20 years that the pens would be one of the hated teams in the NHL? :ph34r:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Awesome article, Loo!

I just took my car in and found out that a rat got into my engine and chewed up the wiring. This is going to cost a pretty penny that I don't have. <_<

That sucks, but at least you figured it out sooner rather than later when it could cost even more.

Sorry, Selli... but Dawn's right, it might have gotten worse, or started a fire or stranded you. I just had to buy four new tires for my 11 year old car. It's money I don't have, as you say, but I can't afford a new car. Nor do I want one, mine is so well-cared for, it will still run for a long time.

I am too practical to dump something because it is stylish or vain to have something new and shiny, when your old stuff still works. Not to say I wouldn't love a new car ...washer/fridge/AC/countertops/wardrobe, etc., but you can't (legally) make money where there is none.

:P

I bet you like walking around crowded parking lots at malls, so people follow you, hoping you get into your car to leave.

Then, you dart quickly between cars, across two lanes and make someone else follow you around....

:tease:

Turns out my car didn't cost as much as I originally thought it would... which is awesome for me. :P And as a reminder of how right you guys were (Loo and Dawn), the mechanic told me that if I would've waited much longer, the repairs would've amounted to well over $400.

So instead of being ticked off that it happened, I'm incredibly relieved that I took it in when I did.

I just went to go to the gas station and when I got in my car, I noticed that my center console had been opened and emptied out onto my passenger seat. I don't keep anything valuable in my car so whoever was in there didn't take anything... they just found a lot of receipts and a pair of sunglasses. They did find my garage door opener, though, and they tried to get it open for whatever reason. Trying to get into the garage, I assume.

I'm so irked. I feel terrible knowing someone I don't know just went in my car and went through my stuff like that.

And I know the initial reaction is "Uh, lock your doors?" I normally do. The boyfriend borrowed the car and didn't lock it when he got back. dry.gif

Edited by Selliria

So I'm cleaning a little ice off the driveway today. It's 30 degrees, which is a heat wave because it's been in the teens here lately. There are squirrels everywhere! Seriously, there are a lot of tree-rats in my neighborhood. That got me thinking a random thought....

Given the natural life cycle of urban wildlife, little baby squirrelies are born and probably an equal number of older squirrels dies. Random question....where are all these dead animals? How come the neighborhood doesn't stink to high heaven in the warmer months? Are they like elephants and all go to one remote place to die?