• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

I've found that triangular grilled cheese sandwiches are definitely tastier than square ones, but squares bring out the subtle flavors of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich far better than triangles do.

Edited by Jenny

Guest CaliWingsNut

It depends on the bread whether you remove the crust. And I love peanut butter and jelly on fresh bread, there's nothing better.

I miss it after it's been sitting in the lunch box for 2-3 hours, jelly all soaked into the bread.

I miss it after it's been sitting in the lunch box for 2-3 hours, jelly all soaked into the bread.

I do believe that we've found something that we agree on whole-heartedly.

:beerbuddy:

Oh, yeah. I think we also agreed that the Throwing of the Octopus should be a playoff-only tradition.

But the lunchbox PBJ ruled.

I now have proof that I am getting old.

I have noticed that lately every time I find myself looking at a guy's butt I have the same thought in my head: Pull up your pants. You look like a clown.

That neighbor that I have....the one who calls the cops/city on everyone for every little thing, is whining because someone called the city to report that the new garage she is having built exceeds the maximum height allowed in the city code. She has a choice...pay a $400 variance fee plus a fine, or lower her roof. Of course the person that ratted her out waited until the shingles were on. I told her the easiest place to find sympathy is in the dictionary between "s***' and "syphilis".

btw: it wasn't me that called the city...

Karen you are not getting old by thinking like that. I have the same thought because those that wear their pants hanging practically at the knees are not attractive.

Dan, that was sweet revenge and smart of the person to have the patience to wait to make that call. If you're going to do something without pulling a permit at least make sure it's to code so you just have to pay the fine if you're caught. I like your reaction to her, she should know better than to expect sympathy from anyone if she's always calling on people.

If it makes me old to wonder why young men want to look like thugs and jailbirds with their pants falling off, then.. OK. You do know the "look" comes from inmates who have their belts taken away when they're arrested, thus the pants falling down? Lovely fashion icons. <_<

I went to the NHL draft last Friday in Minneapolis. It was just closing down, but I saw a bit of it from the mezzanine at the Excel Center... the guard let me peek in. :blush:

If it makes me old to wonder why young men want to look like thugs and jailbirds with their pants falling off, then.. OK. You do know the "look" comes from inmates who have their belts taken away when they're arrested, thus the pants falling down? Lovely fashion icons. <_<

I went to the NHL draft last Friday in Minneapolis. It was just closing down, but I saw a bit of it from the mezzanine at the Excel Center... the guard let me peek in. :blush:

The debased morality standards on television play a huge role in that.

How fun Linda! I didn't even think about the fact that you were there at the same time. :)

I was across the street at the Art Museum, going through the King Tut exhibit... but we saw the event was still going on at the Excel Center (Wild's arena). So we barged in. They wouldn't let us into the main area, but we peeked in. And I got a handful of foam hockey pucks with NHL Draft logos on them. :P They'll be handy for throwing at the TV when the Wings are being bad. :cool:

I ate lunch in a nearby bar and grill, and there was a bunch of Red Wing staff in there, too...scouts or something like that, perhaps. No one I recognized. I didn't see Kenny, he was probably already gone. One of the men in a nice suit looked so much like Mr. Ilitch, I have to think it was one of his sons.

I've never understood the pants-hanging-down thing. It looks beyond ridiculous. I thought so at age 14, and I still think so now at 26. I was hoping the trend would die out before I hit 26, but no luck there. Now there are hipsters with skinny jeans...still looks kind of silly, but at least now I can check out the shape of a guy's butt without actually seeing it hanging out in the air. :sly: Ahem, anyway...so yeah, I don't think it's a generation gap thing - it's a brain gap thing.

So I was googling randomly. It started with trying to remember something about my grandfather's navy career, and then it went on to googling relatives. All of my family is listed multiple times. Both of my sisters have PhD's and have stuff published.

The only 3 things I found on my name were:

1) phone directory

2) list of people who have been registered for a PharmTech license

3) petition to have Larry Aurie's number retired.

Wow. That's my life in a nutshell. I'm so dull.

Wow. That's my life in a nutshell. I'm so dull.

I googled my full name.

1) I am dead, several times over - lots of obits for me, but not really me.

2) there is a person in England with my name who owns a successful cosmetic company. That would be nice. :)

3) I am well-educated, with several different doctoral degrees. I have one of my own, but it's not listed on google at the moment. :(

So my namesakes are smart, have all the free make-up they want, and are very dead.

I guess I don't mind being un-google-able, not really.

Just for fun, I googled a couple of people around here, including Loo.

I guess it can be a blessing or a curse to have an unusual last name.

I also found a newspaper article on my uncle's death in 1947. They had him listed as 10 years old. He was actually 19. That typo was never corrected. Oddly enough, the article I found was from a paper in Ohio where my great-aunt lived. It was stating that her nephew had died. Nothing came up from a Detroit paper.

Lots of odd stuff out there if you've never met anyone with your last name outside of your parents and siblings and grandmother.