• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Some choices you make (good or bad) will be with the the rest of your life. Choose wisely.

Well, duh?

I used to work with a lady who didn't read that well. Apparently she mis-read an expression which cracked me up when she used it. If she didn't like something, she'd "avoid it like the plaque".

Not that plaque shouldn't be avoided.

I've studied a decent amount of medieval history, so whenever I first see the Listerine bottle in the bathroom I always think for just a second that it says "kills the germs that cause bad breath and plague." laugh.gif

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Do you ever have anything positive to add, to any conversation? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Well it's true? OBVIOUSLY some choice will have affects on your life.

Why do people say "just sayin'" at the end of what they say, when we already heard them say it?

Same reason people say "I heard that" after someone says something.

It's just a saying that among some people and in some places communicates something beyond the actual words.

"Just sayin'" generally indicates that they are not attempting to change the mind of the person to whom they are speaking, nor do they wish to upset the person, but they are presenting an opinion which they know opposes that which is held by the person to whom they are speaking. It can also mean that they are just putting out something for the person to consider, and saying that they do not mean to start anything.

"I heard that" generally means "I agree". I don't know why. That's just the way it is.

You down with that?

Hockey is so much better than football. I watch football with friends, to be polite. I wish they would extend me the same courtesy sometime.

Me too Linda, you spend time with them watching that and you deserve the same with your hockey. Who do you want me talk to, I'll whip them into shape. :)