• Please log in to reply
1823 replies to this topic

#1241 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Aside from my deceased father, no man has ever called me "beautiful."

My (living) father has never called me "beautiful". We're kind of emotional cripples in my family.

Also, Loo, just 'cause no one else has ever said it, doesn't mean they haven't thought it. Haha, lots of people are emotional cripples, I guess.

Posted Image

#1242 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

I guess you're right, Chrissy. I just think it would be nice to hear it, once, from someone who meant it. I am going to die waiting, I suspect.

I think I have a poltergeist in my house. I keep losing my keys. :unsure:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#1243 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

You are beautiful Linda, even though I'm not a guy I do mean it. :) It always nice to be told you're beautiful instead of other compliments.

I should be working right now...

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#1244 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

Studying for my final exam in my last class to get a 2 year degree in IT - Network Security. I have an "A" going into the final (got a 93% on the mid-term). Now I will accept all doors opening in the employment world offering me a pant-load of $$$. :)
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#1245 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

Studying for my final exam in my last class to get a 2 year degree in IT - Network Security. I have an "A" going into the final (got a 93% on the mid-term). Now I will accept all doors opening in the employment world offering me a pant-load of $$$. :)

Good Luck! I hope you are able to find something quickly. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#1246 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

You're beautiful!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1247 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

You're beautiful Loo. And if you don't believe me, ask my mother. She loves you.

OK- if you hate it when people recount their dreams, you might want to skip this.

I was on a muscle relaxer when I drempt this, so bear with me.

I drempt that I was flirting with Lilja at work, but he was traded to another company, so I started flirting with Flip. Then I slept with him but I felt so guilty about cheating on my bf. So I decided to make some chicken salad, but once I got the ingredients together and in the mixing bowl, I realized that I had forgot the chicken (actually, when I woke up, I realized I had been making deviled eggs, but that's neither here nor there) so I put it in the fridge and went to take a shower.

For some reason that I have yet to figure out, the cast of As the World Turns (which I haven't watched in 10 years) was all there at work, but they were hanging out in a corner by a bed where someone was dying. I didn't know who it was, so I ignored them and went to the ladies' room.

There really isn't a shower in the can, but in my dream there was. So I took a shower, but I only had one towel (and it was HUGE), so I shook my hair dry and wrapped myself in the towel. Then I remembered that I had some chicken in my locker, so I went to get it, but it wasn't chicken at all. It was a bag of minced black olives and pimentos. Since I don't like either of those, I threw them out and remembered that I hadn't shaved my armpits, so I went back to the bathroom.

This goofy guy that I work with was pointing at me and laughing like "HAHA". He always does that in real life. Then my supervisor grinned at me and rolled his eyes like he thought I was crazy. Flip was trying to talk to me, but Mitch was watching and I didn't want him to know that I had cheated on him, so I didn't want to talk to Flip, so I ran and hid in the bathroom.

When I woke up, I was really depressed.

#1248 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

If I'm 25, what's too young of a girl to be talking to? I found a really interesting one, who is gorgeous, but is 20. Is that too young?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1249 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Karen your dream is hilarious, I love when you share them. :))

Konnan it's only 5 years and if you two get along well then it shouldn't really matter. It's not like she's still in high school, then you might want to think twice.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#1250 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

I just came out of the stoneage. I set up a wireless router for my laptop. Now I can sit on the recliner and let LGW eat up my time.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#1251 megaelixir

megaelixir

• 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

If I'm 25, what's too young of a girl to be talking to? I found a really interesting one, who is gorgeous, but is 20. Is that too young?

In my experience, if you're over 21, you shouldn't date anyone who is younger than that. Even if it's just a few years difference, there is an entire world of possibilities that is open to one person in the relationship and not the other. Plus it's awkward if you want to go to like a concert, or a bar, or a club and the other person isn't able to go. If you really like her, though, then who cares what some loser in an internet forum says, go for it!

Posted Image

#1252 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

If she's 20 now, she'll be 21 in less than a year. Start by e-mailing and writing letters and stuff. By the time she's old enough to hang out you'll know if she has good spelling and sentence structure and grammar and all that stuff.

If she's good, go for it.

#1253 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 25 year old boy dating a 20 year old girl.

Edited by puffy, 17 December 2010 - 12:44 AM.

#1254 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Thanks for the advice. +1's all around!!!

Hung out today. For the Blackhawks game we're watching it on my tele while playing the Wings drinking game!
Posted Image

Edited by Konnan511, 17 December 2010 - 02:41 AM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#1255 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

She's lovely and looks very sweet.

I'd always heard that the "skeeviness limit" is half your age plus 7, so you're fine with a 20 year old. Do keep in mind that you could be at very different places in life. You seem from your posts to be self-aware enough to think of that and adjust for it, though. Good luck!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#1256 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

Today's forecast: Light.

#1257 megaelixir

megaelixir

• 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

I would generally advise against playing a drinking game with someone who isn't legally old enough to drink. However, I am a staunch advocate of people getting laid.

I'm very torn. Have fun!

Edited by megaelixir, 17 December 2010 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

#1258 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

Just got an email from my cousin in Indiana entitled: Uncle Henry.

My heart nearly stopped -- my uncle is over 100 years old. I thought it was my cousin telling me he'd passed away, but it was to let me know his new address and phone in Illinois. I guess his daughter decided to move him? Odd, since he's lived in Evansville, IN for the past 75 years, I always assumed he would live out the rest of his life there.

Anyway, Henry's OK. Obviously he cannot live forever (or maybe he can) but he is all that is left of my direct family, my mother's brother. And I love him. :wub:

Merry Christmas, Uncle Henry!

edit: I found out his finances are running low (he's 100, so... yeah) so they are moving him to Illinois near his granddaughter who has five grown kids -- lots of love in his remaining days. It's all good. :)

Edited by puckloo39, 18 December 2010 - 09:37 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#1259 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

I'm glad all is good with Uncle Henry. He's lucky to have family to help take care of and love him. He'll have a very good Christmas I'm sure. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#1260 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Bless your Uncle Henry's heart for living a good long life. We should all be so lucky.

Okay, I don't recommend movies all that often, but if you have not seen "Pirate Radio", do so quickly. You'll love it. Excellent soundtrack, hilarious movie. Rent it and watch the deleted scenes. We laughed til we cried at the one called "Radio Sunshine". The movie is excellent.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users