• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Hasek decision will come before Draft

Rate this topic

Pierre Lebrun just said on "Satelite HotStove" On CBC just said that the wings have told Hasek to let them know what he is doing before the NHL Draft.

This is sorta good as we'll learn whats going on alot quicker now , I really hope Dom comes back !

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Ooohh, he better come back. Otherwise we're screwed next year.

I know he wants to come back, but it's his God dame wife that's a problem. She is the one who made him retire before. I hope she doesn't interfere, yet again.

I know he wants to come back, but it's his God dame wife that's a problem. She is the one who made him retire before. I hope she doesn't interfere, yet again.

Where did you hear this from? Any sources?

hmm the dom plot thickens. I wonder if this means that if dom doesn't come back we're going to trade for someone. It would be kinda silly to draft another goaltender with jimmy in the system.

Various people have told me that.

What I remember, and what was reported in the local Detroit papers at the time, is that Dom has promised his family, not just his wife, that he would retire if he won the Cup. He said the same thing in 1999 (that he would leave if he won the Cup). When Buffalo was robbed, he came back in 2000 to try and give them another chance.

I don't think Mrs. H tell him what to do, but I believe he does respect her and considers her feelings... and he really is discussing it with her and the rest of his family in Czech. His parents are getting older, and the kids, too.

I will try and find the ESPN magazine article on Dom in 2003, when he came back to the Wings. They interviewed his wife in it, and she said Dom was so miserable in Czech, wanting to play and missing the NHL, that she was glad when he went back. I don't think they will make the same mistake again this time, but just need a little time to make sure that it's right for Dom and the team.

But I do think the Wings will be a better team with Dom than without him.

Mmm, he said in a recent paper that he has to talk it over with his familiy. Any husband or wife can decode that to mean that he has to get permission from his wife......duh :lol:

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

ONE MORE YEAR!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

that is a perfect reason of why you don't get married!!!!

the lazy wife will get half of his money

Take it for what it's worth (second hand info) but I'll offer this tidbit up:

I'm back in Michigan for the weekend and my parents gave me my birthday gifts. One of them was a Dominik Hasek jersey. The owner of the store where my dad bought it is apparently friends with Hasek, so my dad asked him what the scoop was. The guy told him, "You have nothing to worry about. He's coming back."

Not saying the info is gospel, but I feel pretty good having heard that.

-Tim

Take it for what it's worth (second hand info) but I'll offer this tidbit up:

I'm back in Michigan for the weekend and my parents gave me my birthday gifts. One of them was a Dominik Hasek jersey. The owner of the store where my dad bought it is apparently friends with Hasek, so my dad asked him what the scoop was. The guy told him, "You have nothing to worry about. He's coming back."

Not saying the info is gospel, but I feel pretty good having heard that.

-Tim

You have wonderful parents, first of all. :P I believe Dom is coming back, too. As for him considering his wife and family and wanting to do what's right for all concerned -- it just makes me think more of Dom, if that's even possible. His wife has put up with a lot during his career in the NHL, and I don't think her motives are about money anymore than Dom's are. But I know you all are kidding about what you're saying about her, so it's all good.

Come back, Dom. We need another year to make it all turn out right, and see our boyz hoist the shiny, Stanley Cup in Motown. Besides, no one else looks as sexy, tandeming with Ozzie! At least according to Ozzie!! :lol:

IPB Image

^Looking @ yur pic of Dom, & Ozzie makes me wonder if the refs/league officials are checking Giggy's equipment :huh:

you mean because Dom looks so small? I don't think he has all his armour on. Ozzie played so great that game, I think maybe Dom is missing some of his gear since he knew he wasn't going to be needed. And Ozzie and Dom both are much smaller than Giggy in the first place. JSG outweighs Dom by 40 pounds without equipment on.

Not defending Giggy or his pads here, since I think he is inflated, in so many ways besides physically, as well. :D

speaking of jiggy's pads i was talking to a friend the other day and he said the reason his pads are up to is ears are because he has a strap that connects to his pants to his shoulder pands and when he goes down the strap pulls the pads up.... maybe all goalies do this haha i just never knew...kinda intresting

Edited by Draper_Rocks#33