No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Nick Zherdev

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html

ZHERDEV SEEKS A TRADE.

COLUMBUS DISPATCH: Aaron Portzline reports "an adviser" to Blue Jackets winger Nikolai Zherdev suggests a trade before the start of next season would be good for both sides. While Zherdev is focussing on being in shape for next season he didn't get along last season with head coach Ken Hitchcock, resulting in a drop in his offensive production.

Spector's Note: Zherdev's performance last season isn't going to win many suitors for his services and will adversely affect his value, but if the Jackets do shop him a rival team seeking scoring depth could take a chance on him.

Your Thoughts?

No way in hell would I even consider taking Zherdev. He makes Lang look like a hard worker, with how much he floats around out there.

Zherdev could be one of the best players in the league if he actually cared. But he doesn't. He shows no effort, and has this attitude about him that I never want to see in a player who playes for the Wings. It's also been said that a lot of players on the Jackets don't like him. Pass.

Zherdev... Seriously? STFU, REALLY? OMG!

Anybody coveting him.... Psst? have you watched any colubmus games EVER?

I would take Sergei anyways... but in this case Sergei over Zherdev is a NO BRAINER!

Edited by OsGOD

Zherdev... Seriously? STFU, REALLY? OMG!

Anybody coveting him.... Psst? have you watched any colubmus games EVER?

I would take Sergei anyways... but in this case Sergei over Zherdev is a NO BRAINER!

Sergei Krivokrasov? :P

The guy has moves that rival Datsuk, and he's a better skater. Unfortunately he has no heart, and no clue in the defensive zone.

If Zherdev didn't have such a big ego, he could be one of the top players in the league. He just oozes with talent, but refuses to listen to anyone about anything.

http://dispatch.com/dispatch/content/bluej...D1_JN6ALEA.html

Some highlights from the article:

- Quotes from other players were done without naming the players because nobody had anything good to say about him.

- When coaches lecture him, he often just stares blankly at them and ignores them.

- Has only one friend on the team, and makes no effort to bond with the rest of the team.

- Has aspirations so low that he compares himself to Sergei Samsonov, a player with lots of skill who never made it big.

If Zherdev didn't have such a big ego, he could be one of the top players in the league. He just oozes with talent, but refuses to listen to anyone about anything.

man, i was just thinking that when the report said he didn't get along with Hitch, its like, wow get over it and just play hard.

ill pass.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I think what he needs is a fresh start, and the right coach. Is that fresh start and right coach Babs? Who knows. But there is now doubt that Zherdev is just plain scary in the offensive zone.

Well, considering all the talk about Bab's top priorities being hard work and having a strong work ethic, Zherdev would be one of the last players in the world that he'd want to bring in. The guy is heartless. He's like a younger, smaller version of Yashin only Yashin produced even when he didn't care. IMO, Zherdev would've made a great tennis player. He's fast, agile, good athlete and a complete solo act. The guy doesn't know how to play with others and unfortunately for him hockey is a team sport.

I can't believe you guys are not even considering signing him. He is one of the best puck handlers in the league. Can you imagine Zherdev, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk on a line?? Small line but oh so talented. What this guy needs is a coach who won't take his s***.... Mike Babcock. Zherdev could make friends with Datsyuk who is also russian and maybe Zetterberg too. I think a fresh new start on a team that is committed to winning like the red wings would be exactly what Zherdev needs. He is still young and I think it'd be worth the gamble of trading for him.

the only way zherdev would work on the wings would be if he became pals with datsyuk and grigorenko and actually started to play with some passion.

last season, when nash-fedorov-zherdev were together and healthy, they were a scary line. zherdev is extremely talented but he would have to work his butt off to stay on babcocks good side.

Okay, I understand we all want hard workers, but lets be realistic, who the hell puts any effort into playing for Colombus? That team is just garbage. Maybe the kid would show up if his team had a chance to win something. However, that being said, there aren't many people on our roster I would want to lose for him.

Okay, I understand we all want hard workers, but lets be realistic, who the hell puts any effort into playing for Colombus? That team is just garbage. Maybe the kid would show up if his team had a chance to win something. However, that being said, there aren't many people on our roster I would want to lose for him.

Anybody can look good when the sun is shining. Zherdev has shown that when things get tough, he's not willing to put forth the work ethic needed to help his team. I don't want a guy here that plays hard just because the team is winning. Guys like that belong in the NBA and NFL, not in the NHL, and certainly not on my favorite team. I guarantee you there are plenty of players who play hard for Columbus, but don't have half the talent that Zherdev does. They're not sorry to see him go in Columbus, and they shouldn't be.

Alexander Svitov, a 24-year-old Russian, is Zherdev's best friend -- and perhaps his only friend -- on the team.

With TSN confirming that Svitov has signed in Russia, it looks like Zherdev is out of friends on that squad. His potential is tantalizing given his young age, but I'm not sure I'd want to try to tackle his ego and baggage. He hasn't exactly had a good role model in Sergei Fedorov over there either. He's young enough that he could turn it around. Is Detroit the place to try and do that? Only one way to find out.

With TSN confirming that Svitov has signed in Russia, it looks like Zherdev is out of friends on that squad. His potential is tantalizing given his young age, but I'm not sure I'd want to try to tackle his ego and baggage. He hasn't exactly had a good role model in Sergei Fedorov over there either. He's young enough that he could turn it around. Is Detroit the place to try and do that? Only one way to find out.

Zherdev's attitude problems were around long before Fedorov. Zherdev is a puck hog and a me-first player. No matter what some have said on here, Fedorov is not a me-first player or a puck hog. The fact that Fedorov, a lock as a hall of famer as a center, was willing to switch to defense when asked by Hitchcock, and that in those 13 games he played the position better than any Blue Jacket defenseman had, makes him a good role model as he gave it his all to help the team win, even though he was sacrificing individual glory.

Zherdev's attitude problems were around long before Fedorov. Zherdev is a puck hog and a me-first player. No matter what some have said on here, Fedorov is not a me-first player or a puck hog. The fact that Fedorov, a lock as a hall of famer as a center, was willing to switch to defense when asked by Hitchcock, and that in those 13 games he played the position better than any Blue Jacket defenseman had, makes him a good role model as he gave it his all to help the team win, even though he was sacrificing individual glory.

No kidding. If Nik (and Rick for that matter) actually listened to Fedorov and tried to emulate him they'd be superstars. They have the talent and skills just not an ounce of hockey sense. They don't know how to play without the puck. They don't grasp the concept of giving up the puck in order to get it back in a better position. They may as well not even go out on the ice with regular lines as it doesn't really matter to them. Fedorov actually grasps the concept of a five-man unit out on the ice (as he's played every position) and is just as good without the puck as he is with it. If I were to create a perfect hockey player, Fedorov is about as close to matching the template as it gets.

As someone who has the unfortunate location to get all of the Blue Jackets games on TV here in Ohio, Zherdev is absolutely the WRONG person to attempt to bring to Detroit.

He's EXTREMELY soft....Think Lang but much much much worse.

He doesn't play defense (he had Fedorov there specifically for that purpose, but never improved)

He does NOT take well to criticism from either coaches, players or the media and believe me the Columbus hockey media is tame compared to Detroit.

He has million dollar talent and a 10 dollar head. Not the type of guy really anyone needs and when his current contract is up he'll go back to Russia in all likelihood.

His work ethic sucks and will never get any better. Hitchcock is a tough coach to play for by all accounts, but Babs isn't that much different.

The guy is a cancer in the locker room as well. Not good for team chemistry.

Svitov was another locker room cancer who had talent but no real motivation to improve himself or his teammates. He'd actually skate hard in the games, something Zherdev never does, but Svitov doesn't have near the talent Zherdev does.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80