• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drsingle

Tomas Vokoun Traded to Florida Panthers

Rate this topic

I have a hard time seeing this deal going through for just picks, that is unless it's a 1st round pick going back to Nashville. They do have an extra one from the Bert deal.

Gotta give it up to the GM in Florida if this goes through. Tommy is no Luongo, but he is pretty solid in his own right.

Wow is all I have to say. Didn't see this coming. I didn't really think letting Hartnell and Timonen go was the start of a firesale, just that it was trying to get something for 2 guys they knew they weren't going to sign. But this seems more like it now. Mason is good so maybe they felt he was better. Good move for Fla though imo. Gave up a lot to get him but they really needed help in goal.

May not be that easy. All their trades have been to the eastern conference.

Yeah, there's no way that their going to trade with their biggest rival's in the Central. although if they keep on doing what their doing they aren't going to be a threat to the Wings next season.

Great deal for Florida. Theyve gotten their goaltending back. Hes no Luongo, but hes a top 10 in the NHL for sure. Perfect timing too. With Horton, Bouwmeester, and a few other youngsters really starting to come on, and Jokinen of course, the Cats wouldnt be a surprise for the playoffs.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ballsille uses these picks to get some talent back once he moves his team to Hamilton, assuming the picks are post 08.

As for Nashville, they still have Weber, Suter, Arnott, Radulov, Dumont, Sullivan, and the list goes on. On top of that Mason was starting to rival Vokoun as it was and hes a very strong talent in net.

HOLY SMOKES!!! that's crazy. but the thing is ... doesn't Nashville have to at least meet the minimum cap? They can't go under $32 million, I think. This puts them down to like $28 million now, doesn't it? who's left on Nashville that we'd want? Zidlicky, maybe?