• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Filppula41

Wings sign (G) Adam Berkhoel, (D) Brad Ference

Rate this topic

People are really quick to forget that we carried three goalies last season. I don't know why everyone forgets that we need to sign another goalie if Hasek is going to re-sign. That was in order to keep Hasek from having to go in cold if Osgood got the old boot. He could be the Joey of next season.

I like this signing. Babs turned Cleary (Taken 3 spots after Ference in 97) , Maybe he can turn Ference into a good top 6 d-man.

Plus Ference fights!

I always like your line of thinking. :P

Ference is a very cheap alternative signing if Holland can't find a replacement for Markov (who is pretty much gone). There are guys like Andy Sutton, but their all extremely expensive though. I like the Ference signing. Babcock likes big players, and Ference 6'3, 218 pounds. He could work out here.

Good job by whoever pointed out the situation with Hasek in the need to have 3 goalies. Berkhoel only has 9 NHL games of expierence, but he's a perfectly capable #3 goalie whenever there are back-to-back games. Given the fact that Osgood was injured so much last year makes it good too, since then you have yourself a new backup, if need be.

Guest Crymson

They are listed on the Red Wings NHL roster

Link

Umm... how many times have we seen the NHL muck up? And who really gives a damn anyway?

I always like your line of thinking. :P

Ference is a very cheap alternative signing if Holland can't find a replacement for Markov (who is pretty much gone). There are guys like Andy Sutton, but their all extremely expensive though. I like the Ference signing. Babcock likes big players, and Ference 6'3, 218 pounds. He could work out here.

Good job by whoever pointed out the situation with Hasek in the need to have 3 goalies. Berkhoel only has 9 NHL games of expierence, but he's a perfectly capable #3 goalie whenever there are back-to-back games. Given the fact that Osgood was injured so much last year makes it good too, since then you have yourself a new backup, if need be.

Berkhoel is a HIDEOUS goalie. His NHL experience has given him a near-4.0 GAA and a sub-.900 Sv%.

Umm... how many times have we seen the NHL muck up? And who really gives a damn anyway?

Berkhoel is a HIDEOUS goalie. His NHL experience has given him a near-4.0 GAA and a sub-.900 Sv%.

So basically, you're saying Berkhoel is full of hoels? I dont like to make a "dig" at the guy already, but thats what it sounds like.

Guest Crymson

So basically, you're saying Berkhoel is full of hoels? I dont like to make a "dig" at the guy already, but thats what it sounds like.

All nine of his career games were played with Atlanta in '05-'06.

His stats:

Nine games

3.80 GAA

.882 SV%.

I doubt this news is for real. It would be inane. Un-sticky it.

Berkhoel's NHL stats may be misleading. He might just suck, but keep in mind that he earned those games during Atlanta's revolving door goaltending f***up during which they used some crazy number of goaltenders. I think the final number was five or six. Shields, Dunham, Berkhoel, Lehtonen and Garnett? I figure he came in unprepared and prematurely. He couldn't be expected to perform well.

Before you call him that, you might want to take a look at the situation. Adam was the starter or backup (depending on who lost the last game) for the Gwinnett Gladiators in the ECHL when the Thrashers lost just about every goalie they had to injury and Adam was thrown into the roll of starting goalie for an NHL team with no experience at all. The poor kid was lucky to do as well as he did given how lousy the Thrashers were playing in front of him at the time. It was rough experience for him but he came through it and he learned a great deal from it.

At the ECHL level this kid is one of the tops, playing in the last two Kelly Cup finals. With the right coaching he should be able to do well at GR if thats where they place him. I've met Adam several times when he was with the Gladiators. He's a great kid with a good amount of skill at his position and hes a good team member. I don't see him ever being a started in the NHL but as a role player in the minors I'd take him any time. This is a great pickup for the Wings minor leagues. And I could not be more happy seeing him with the Wings!

There's a difference though. Brad Ference has been able to keep a roster spot on other teams in the past, unlike Norton. He can also do other things then just fight, unlike Norton.

Don't try to throw this off as a Brad Norton signing. I have a feeling Ference will be a much better player then that.

...I am willing to be he gets the #7 spot ahead of Quincey. Sheet, if Lilja goes back to his old self, Ference may find himself #6...

All nine of his career games were played with Atlanta in '05-'06.

His stats:

Nine games

3.80 GAA

.882 SV%.

I doubt this news is for real. It would be inane. Un-sticky it.

Well maybe he just had an off 4 or 5,...or 9 games?

Im just kidding of course, i agree he stinks. Even if it is stickied its kinda like that $1 store tape you use that just falls off 3 seconds later.

Am I the only one to like his name?

I like his name. Berk-hole.

We're on the same page Flip, i like the name too. Rather than just having a 5 hole, he has a Berk hoel....which encompasses his entire body.

I remember Ference when he played for the Coyotes... before they waived him. Back then he was a physical d-man which is nice, but along with that came a butt-load of penalties and he was often out of position. I don't remember him being all that fast either. Point is he wasn't good enough for a mediocre Phoenix team...

I sure hope he improved since then. I'd take Lilja and Quincey way ahead of him. Of course sometimes players get better once in Detroit. Sometimes.

Brad Norton would destroy Brad Ference

Unless im missing something and this is a completely new version of Brad Ference...i 100% concur.

Guest DetroitIan

Decent signings I guess. But It sure would be nice to hear a name like Kozlov, or Murray, or Comrie on our signed list. But I do have tons of faith in Kenny. So I guess its "in Kenny we trust".