• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DaWingsin071

Remaining Free Agents

Rate this topic

So for the past couple days I have been looking at lists of remaining free agents, and checking to see who would fit well with Detroit, dont shoot me I am just posting who I think would fit, as well as the cost . Here we go for defence if we do not resign Markov here is some potential suitors who could fill his void. Aaron Miller, with Rafalski and Chelios he would fit in well with his US teamates. Janne Ninamma always thought he was a good defencemen has decent size and his mobile as well. Vitaly Vishnevski need I say more nasty player has an edge to him and will play the body. Sopel another good defencemen who would fit well on this team. Add to the list Ossi Vannanan

For the remaining forward spots, guys I like are dont hang me for this but Eric Lindros, could come cheap big and we know he can score. Yes I reliaze he has a vegtiable for a brain but could rekindle his old self with the Wings. Barnaby yes people hate him and he hasnt been that great in the last couple of years, but he has some good scrappy qualities and might get some of that back playing with Cleary. Gelinas, hes quick and can score, also I know hes not 6"3 like everybody would like but can put the puck in the net. Aaron Asham and or Yashin, Asham is big strong forward who can play a Bertuzzi type role but can actually skate. Yashin he has good size and can score may need to take a pay cut, but if he could get some of his Ottawa magic back would be great on the second line. Bill Guerin plays a type of game that would be good for Detroit, proven veteran leader. I think we all wanted him last year during the trade deadline. Peca another great player that I always liked, if healthy could be a nice addition as well to any second line.

Just my thoughts let me know what you think. Please dont hang me, for who I picked. Also dont have all the numbers so I dont know all the costs but feel they maybe reasonable again we have some salary to play around with.

GO WINGS

Aaron Miller is very injury prone, and age is taking it's toll on his play.

Janne Niinimaa has been on the decline for years now. He had an awful season in Montreal last year, and hasn't been a solid player since his days in Edmonton. He's likely headed back to Finland.

Vishnevski is a good choice. He's a very good open ice hitter. He could be a good replacement for Markov, who's probably gone as it is.

Sopel is expensive, and now that the Wings signed Rafalski, isn't needed here.

Ossi Vannanen I don't know that much about. Can't say either way.

Lindros is a vegetable. He hasn't been a decent point producer in nearly 5 years, and he's been really bad his last 3 years especially. He's done.

Barnaby is almost blind in one eye. He is going to retire.

Martin Gelinas is a good thought. He's a good leader, has good size, and can put up decent points. I also remember what a Wing killer he was back in that 2004 series against Calgary. He might fit well here.

Asham is the guy I really want here. I would just love to see him in a Red Wing uniform. He's got good size, can hit, fight, and put up decent points, as he scored 11 goals last season with the Islanders. If he played on a line with Filppula, he has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer.

Yashin sucks. You know, we just got rid of Lang, and everyone (even the Lang haters) all think this guy would be a good fit here. I don't get it! He's even lazier and less motivated then Lang ever was! Not to mention he's still looking for 3 million a season. He'd be doing everyone a favor if he just went back to Russia already.

I never liked Guerin. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. If he can come cheap enough, like for 2 million a season, then maybe it's a decision worth considering. 36 goals is pretty good, though his play in the playoffs is something to be desired. Again, I'd take him for around 2 million. Otherwise, no.

Peca is a center, and the Wings have enough centers as it is. His injury last season is also a concern with me, since he hasn't played since December.

Not a terrible list you made. Some of those guys, like Asham, Gelinas, Vishnevski, and maybe even Guerin or Peca would all be a nice fit here. The others I'll pass on though.

this FA stuff is killing me.... Why don't we just sign 2 big tough guys that can play. I don't care if they score or not as long as they can do everything else ok......

i know......im so anxious, its hurts. I've been refreshing like 4 pages every 30 seconds all day.

Out of that list, I'm thinking Gelinas might not be too bad. But I want to confirm it with someone who's seen more of him than I have. I'll get back to you on him.

I agree on Guerin, Lindros and Yashin. Not on a bet. The rest I'm not sure of either.

i know......im so anxious, its hurts. I've been refreshing like 4 pages every 30 seconds all day.

Ha ha yeah it is that time of year. What about Fedotenko hes a big body? Not sure if he has the hands to turn in to power forward but he did have that great playoff run for tampa a few years ago.

Edited by Pucks

Give Brad Winchester a call to play a 4th line role... he can be a pretty mean f***** when he wants to be.. he has some potential to put some points on the board too.

Edited by e_mcgrath88

Out of that list, I'm thinking Gelinas might not be too bad. But I want to confirm it with someone who's seen more of him than I have. I'll get back to you on him.

I agree on Guerin, Lindros and Yashin. Not on a bet. The rest I'm not sure of either.

lindros is one hit away from having his brains be scrambled eggs

I'd do this:

Hasek = 3.5M

Fedotenko = 2.5M

Andy Sutton = 2.5M

Then trade Hudler, Kronwall, and a 1st rounder to Chicago for Radim Vrbata and Jim Vandermeer.

Fedotenko - Datsyuk - Homer

Vrbata - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Filppula - Grigorenko

Maltby - Draper - Samuelson

Kopecky

Lidstrom - Vandermeer

Rafalski - Sutton

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

* If only it were this easy.

The pool is quickly drying up, but of the remaining guys Andy Sutton would be my pick on the blueline. I can't believe more people haven't been talking about him. He is 6'6" 245lbs. He is big, strong and he has played good defensive hockey on a not always so good Atlanta team for years. He has a mean streak and he is from Kingston so Don Cherry has to like him! lol He played his college hockey for Michigan Tech too.

As for forwards Kozlov, Guerin and Comrie would be the guys I'd be looking at. I think Kozzie and Guerin will end up getting around 4-5 mil each that could price the Wings out, Comrie might be the guy. I know he is not big, but he plays hard and he has Michigan ties too, playing at the University of Michigan.

My prediction is look for the Wings to sign Sutton and Comrie.

I would be surprised if Holland signs any of these guys...

Not sure why people are down on Guerin, he had a great season last year in St. Louis/SJ with 36 goals. He's big and would definitely fit in well on one of the top two lines. He is getting a bit old though... Not against Comrie, but again, he doesn't make us bigger or grittier. I would love to see Holland get aggressive and sign Penner to an offer sheet.

We may be hoping for a big gritty player until the trade deadline when more teams are out of it.

Edited by scotzman

I'd do this:

Hasek = 3.5M

Fedotenko = 2.5M

Andy Sutton = 2.5M

Then trade Hudler, Kronwall, and a 1st rounder to Chicago for Radim Vrbata and Jim Vandermeer.

Kopecky

Lidstrom - Vandermeer

Rafalski - Sutton

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

Vandermeer must be a RFA, theres no way that wouldve slipped passed my radar

Edit- oh geez, sorry completely missed the trade

Edited by Lou_Siffer

I'd do this:

Hasek = 3.5M

Fedotenko = 2.5M

Andy Sutton = 2.5M

Kopecky

Lidstrom - Vandermeer

Rafalski - Sutton

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

Trading Kronwall is not a good idea at this point. If he continues his injury love affair, then yes, but with the way Dmen are being overpaid left and right, hes no longer that expensive. Especially when he'll get more responsibility with both only Rafalski replacing the loss of Markov and Schneider.

...and itd be nice to have more than just 3 north american forwards out of 13

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Hudler, Kronwall AND a 1st for Radim Vrbata and Jim Vandermeer?

We trade all that for a 4th liner and a #4 defensmen MAYBE if he ever puts it all together?

Hudler, Kronwall AND a 1st for Radim Vrbata and Jim Vandermeer?

We trade all that for a 4th liner and a #4 defensmen MAYBE if he ever puts it all together?

I wanted to hurry up and edit my post so fast that i didnt have time to actuallly address his trade proposal, but i agree with you. Hudler i dont really give a rats ass about but i wouldnt lose Kronwall for that.

Gelinas is 37 yrs old, he did well in the playoffs 3 years ago but as the old cliche goes (old - literally in Gelinas' case!) that was then and this is now. Floating around on the 4th line for us he maybe gets 8 goals i'll call it at...not worth signing.