Samuelsson - Hudler - Grigorenko

Lidstrom - Lilja

Rafalski - Kronwall

Chelios - Lebda

Hasek

Osgood

Yep.

Guest Agalloch

I agree that Kopecky sucks, but there's literally no one to replace him with.

Guest Agalloch

Switch Grigorenko with Kopecky and thats a pretty decent line-up. I know he said we were done signing. Still wouldnt mind Gelinas/Asham , but I wouldnt put it past Holland to be golfing when those 2 get signed.

I'm 99% sure Grigorenko isn't going to play the role of checking forward on this team.

I'm not impressed.

And before ANYONE jumps on me. I know Holland can still make moves, and probably will when the season starts or later on. I loveeeee them, and believe they will still be really good, but I am not feeling this line up. At all. And if that is wrong for me to say then oh well.

I'm 99% sure Grigorenko isn't going to play the role of checking forward on this team.

Yeah I know , but he's a monster and I wouldnt mind seeing him checking a couple of small forwards through the glass. And then screaming to the crowd "WHO'S GOT NO GRIT NOW!!!!"

But your right , Babcock will probably have him on a scoring type line.

I'm not impressed.

And before ANYONE jumps on me. I know Holland can still make moves, and probably will when the season starts or later on. I loveeeee them, and believe they will still be really good, but I am not feeling this line up. At all. And if that is wrong for me to say then oh well.

Great! Thank God there are more people then just me, Detroit #1 fan, and Lou that thinks this lineup is pretty bad.

How about this?

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Kopecky - Hudler - Grigorenko

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Lilja

Chelios - Lebda

Meech

Hasek

Osgood

Either way, unless Filppula and Grigorenko come out and have monster years, we're pretty deficient in the goal department.

Edited by Bannedforlife

Kopecky was rusty after a huge injury. Give him a break before we trade him.

Here are my revised 2k7 lines

Homer-Datsyuk-Hudler

Flip-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Cleary

Maltby-Franzen-Grigorenko/Hussey

Lidstrom-Chelios

Rafalski-Markov (I know)/Lebda

Lilja-Kronwall

Hasek/Ozzie

We need another d-man and a "gritty" forward.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

filppula datsyuk holmstrom

hudler zetterberg grigorenko

franzen cleary samuelsson

maltby draper kopecky

ellis

Lidstrom - kronwall

Rafalski - lebda

quincey - chelios

lilja/meech

Hasek

Osgood

hudlers shown the skill , and i know its too early but i got some nice expectations for grigorenko i think if you give him some ice time with zetterberg he'll have a nice season , i think thats a nice balanced line up , up front ..........franzen samuelsson cleary line can score 10-20 goals each ........i like the line up cause it gives the kids playing time

id like to see draper and maltby play the 4th line and kill penalties , there not getting any younger and i think franzen and cleary are more then capable of being the regular checkers but able to score as well , again .......let the kids play

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Everyone was all over Kopecky's balls before this year's playoffs. He came into the playoffs not playing a single game since December, what do you expect? At one point Kopecky was better than Hudler and Filppula according to folks around here.

That line-up actually looks halfway decent, but another signing/trade wouldn't hurt.

filppula datsyuk holmstrom

hudler zetterberg grigorenko

franzen cleary samuelsson

maltby draper kopecky

ellis

Lidstrom - kronwall

Rafalski - lebda

quincey - Lebda

lilja/meech

Hasek

Osgood

hudlers shown the skill , and i know its too early but i got some nice expectations for grigorenko i think if you give him some ice time with zetterberg he'll have a nice season , i think thats a nice balanced line up , up front .......draper checking line .......franzen samuelsson cleary line can score 10-20 goals each ........i like the line up cause it gives the kids playing time

id like to see draper and maltby play the 4th line and kill penalties , there not getting any younger and i think franzen and cleary are more then capable of being the regular checkers but able to score as well , again .......let the kids play

You have Lebda on the 2nd and 3rd denfensive pairings and forgot to mention the guy you named yourself after.

I still think that Kenny has got some plans for this off season yet. He's just waiting for a real opportunity to come up and not have to worry about getting into a bidding war for someone.

But these are all the players that performed in the playoffs.......

Lang was good in the playoffs. Not saying he's worth $4 million......

You have Lebda on the 2nd and 3rd denfensive pairings and forgot to mention the guy you named yourself after.

I still think that Kenny has got some plans for this off season yet. He's just waiting for a real opportunity to come up and not have to worry about getting into a bidding war for someone.

ya i realized it and changed it :P

All I know is that if everyone on the current roster scored the same number of goals as they did last year, we're at 207 goals plus whatever Grigorenko can do. Only Columbus, Chicago and Edmonton scored less than that last year. Not good.

Edited by Bannedforlife

All I know is that if everyone on the current roster scored the same number of goals as they did last year, we're at 207 goals plus whatever Grigorenko can do. Only Columbus, Chicago and Edmonton scored less than that last year. Not good.

OUCH. Thats pretty terrible ... Columbus and Chicago werent bad , but Edmonton?? :puke:

Lang was good in the playoffs. Not saying he's worth $4 million......

I never said he wasn't. I just said that these guys all helped out in the playoffs.

Thats not gonna happen. They have experience in the NHL now and they will only get better.

yeah.

Yeah I know , but he's a monster and I wouldnt mind seeing him checking a couple of small forwards through the glass. And then screaming to the crowd "WHO'S GOT NO GRIT NOW!!!!"

But your right , Babcock will probably have him on a scoring type line.

Grigs is only 5'10" 215lb... I know he likes to play a physical game and everything, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the glass-breaking hits. So yeah, secondary scoring line.

Edited by #1redwingfan