• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TimeBinder

Wings sign Drake for 1-year, $550K

Rate this topic

Hasek was already here. Rafalski replaces Mathieu.

Again, what has he done to address the needs here aside from "letting players go"? Or are you one who buys into Holland's yearly "wait until the deadline" crap that fetches us such 'greatness' as Todd Bertuzzi?

Have you completely forgotten what we did in the playoffs last year? People get so pissed at Holland and I feel like they disregard the Redwings success... I feel like the man knows what he's doing. Maybe I'm wrong though....

Again, what has he done to address the needs here aside from "letting players go"? Or are you one who buys into Holland's yearly "wait until the deadline" crap that fetches us such 'greatness' as Todd Bertuzzi?

Actually Hasek was a free agent. Rafalski is not only a replacement but an upgrade. I am disappointed about Markov, but at his demands (Kenny did make an offer, not like he just sits around in a bubble bath all day with the phone unplugged) there is just no room to fit him in. Whatever there is no point in conversation with someone who shares your veiws. Be miserable and moap around and spew doomsday negitive messages all over the board. :rolleyes: I'm certainly not one who thinks you have to rush in and make rash desicions, over pay for sub par performers when you already have players of equal or better quality on the roster. What do you want a freaking overhaul every year? 10 new forwards, 4 new dman, and 1 new goalie every year please!!! <_<

Infact there was no negotiation needed. Hasek just walked in and said: "I'll do it for $400 a year and two coupon books for McDonalds". "No", said Kenny, "you'll take $2 million or I'm going to stab you with this letter opener." "Fine." Hasek replied begrudgingly.

And for the record- Rafalski is an upgrade on Mathieu.

Throwing money at medium quality UFAs isn't exactly the qualifications for a brilliant GM, just one who makes the offseason seem exciting for the fans.

How much of this is us wanting something to read about the Wings and how much is it about fixing a team that was 6 wins and 2 injuries away from the cup last season? {Noting that the losses to our line up since then have either been made up or will be made up by the young players}

Have you completely forgotten what we did in the playoffs last year? People get so pissed at Holland and I feel like they disregard the Redwings success... I feel like the man knows what he's doing. Maybe I'm wrong though....

We need at least one proven scorer to play on the top lines. Our defense, unlike some, does not scare me although another Markov or similar would be sweet.

Meanwhile, Holland is out offering contracts to guys who bring little to the table, who are well past their expiration date. Yeh I guess we can disregard the name Drake has gotten since he left here. I guess we can assume he'll be so damn happy to be back, that he'll instantly become another player [as some said he surely will].

It's no joke when people are pegging Drake to be in the minors come Christmas. The only dude Holland added all summer.

The team goes to the WCF with almost this same roster, with an upgrade at the #2 defenseman position. This team has two legit #1 Dmen.

He thinks the team needed grit, he found it cheap.

Remind me again what round the wings drafted Zetterberg, and Datsyuk.

This team has one of the best scouting departments, one of the best GM's, and on of the best teams in the league for the past 12 years.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm!

You asked what he did to address the needs here but bypass the fact that he signs Rafalski and Hasek.

Well then lets pretend he doesn't sign them, because obviously those two signings are irrelevant in you scenario.

The wings now go into the next season with an Osgood/Howard tandem in net and Quincey or Meech is now in the starting lineup.

How are these two signings not addressing huge needs on this team.

The Guy signs a starting goaltender who was one of the best last year, for dirt cheap. Then signs a legit #1 dman, for a decent price considering what other D went for. He spent 500k more on Rafalski than he would have had to keep Schnieder.

Again this is not 2002, you can't put a roster together of hall of famers, no one can afford that.

It's no joke when people are pegging Drake to be in the minors come Christmas. The only dude Holland added all summer.

If this is seriously how you feel I am done discussing this with you, Drake is not the only guy he added, ever hear of Brian Rafalski you should check him out word on the street is that he may be on the wings next year.

We need at least one proven scorer to play on the top lines. Our defense, unlike some, does not scare me although another Markov or similar would be sweet.

Meanwhile, Holland is out offering contracts to guys who bring little to the table, who are well past their expiration date. Yeh I guess we can disregard the name Drake has gotten since he left here. I guess we can assume he'll be so damn happy to be back, that he'll instantly become another player [as some said he surely will].

You really dont like the team do you? You really are just a Drake hater, I have a feeling you havent watched a game of his in a very long time. Just because he's 38 means he sucks right , Draper has to suck too. He wont be in the minors at all this year. And you can quote me on that.

well I just finished checking all St.Louis hit highlight reels on NHL.com and this is what I found for Dallas Drake

(runs over a guy who doesn't have the puck)

http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...=2&sp=s***s

(Drake with the forecheck, King with the big hit)

(nice open ice hit here)

Edited by skacore

his forechecking looks awesome, so did that open ice hit :thumbup:

Hey those must be from 1999! Surely physical play can't come from a 38 year old burnout? What's that you say? Isolated cases? Well that's fine- he only costs us $550,000 AND fills up the spot on the bottom two lines vacated by Cleary, Huds or Filp.

If I'm wrong? Well we just made a $550,000 mistake in the UFA s***-show this summer- pretty decent compared to those poor bastards who paid $10 million for a 5 million dollar player. Anyone expect the 10 million dollar players to be in the top 5 scorers next year?

Give me a break. I'm sure MCK would have loved a big fat payday for Drury by the Wings, even if it crippled their cap space for the next 6 years, because hey- I'd be exciting right now.

Everyone, I have an announcement to make. motorcitykid is a ranting ******* who's full of s***.

I don't mind bashing Holland, since I do it all the time myself. But when the guy comes on here and ******* like he can do a better job, yet still hasn't named any players that should be signed, then anything he says shouldn't even be looked at.

And, you still haven't answered my question that I've asked you about 5 different times earlier in this topic: Since you know so much, who do you feel is a person the Wings should sign?

Note here that I don't expect an answer out of this at all, just like before. I'm just proving my point that motorcitykid is only here to *****, and not provide suggestions himself.

You can say "top 6 forward" all day long until you turn blue, but until you actually provide a reasonable answer for the problem (and not some stupid s*** like Hudler, Meech, and Lilja for Iginla), everything you say will mean absolutely nothing, and just shows what an ass bag you are.

edited for grammar

Edited by Kp-Wings

Everyone, I have an announcement to make. motorcitykid is a ranting ******* who's full of s***.

I don't mind bashing Holland, since I do it all the time myself. But when the guy comes on here and ******* like he can do a better job, yet still hasn't named any players that should be signed, then anything he says shouldn't even be looked at.

And, you still haven't answered my question that I've asked you about 5 different times earlier in this topic: Since you know so much, who do you feel is a person the Wings should sign?

Note here that I don't expect an answer out of this at all, just like before. I'm just proving my point that motorcitykid is only here to *****, and not provide suggestions himself.

You can say "top 6 forward" all day long until you turn blue, but until you actually provide a reasonable answer for the problem (and not some stupid s*** like Hudler, Meech, and Lilja for Iginla), everything you say will mean absolutely nothing, and just shows what an ass bag you are.

edited for grammar

One thing you need to do is quit talking out your ass and putting comments on me that I never said. I'm sick of it. You've done it previosuly on other posters in other threads as well. There is no need to respond to such a dumbass who keeps throwing out such on point s*** as "You're an idiot if you think a guy like Asham is nothing but a 4th line player. We need him. He's also a scorer." Wow - in-*******-sightful !!

Take a minute to realx. Breathe. And read what the hell you are responding to so you can quit attributing comments to people that never said them. You're too busy trying to post in every ******* thread that you bare make sense. No-one gives a f*** about a post count, ***** - slow down.

Edited by motorcitykid

Take a minute to realx. Breathe. And read what the hell you are responding to so you can quit attributing comments to people that never said them. You're too busy trying to post in every ******* thread that you bare make sense. No-one gives a f*** about a post count, ***** - slow down.

How about answering the question he posed to you? Count me as one of the curious.

How about answering the question he posed to you? Count me as one of the curious.

That's almost a trick question at this point. Not much left. :sly:

I consider that a tribute to our dedication and fan-dom. ;)

True. Although I don't think the Rafalski signing got this much attention and that will have a bigger impact. Timing is everything I guess.

Anyway, carry on. :D

Blindsides Aubin up high?!? I'd bench him if he didn't make that hit. That's textbook and why Mickey always says to keep your head up. That's what a hit is supposed to be, Lebda yeah that was a cheapshot, and as I stated in my first post in this thread a reason why I really couldn't stand the guy much anymore. But he's exactly the type that can help the Wings alot and he was far from one of my most hated or the cheapest players around.

I don't understand some of those who hate the signing. Why so bitter. It wastes virtually no cap space, and if some of you are right he won't even be playing anyway, so what's the big deal? Although he will be playing IMO. He knows what his job will be and he'll do it well. Maybe finally the grind line can get that bite back it used to have.

I just watched that video again...I love the fact that this guy is back in the Winged Wheel!

I can retire my #10 Blues jersey and sometime get his Wings jersey again.... Its a shame I wore the original sucker out by wearing it so much... but hey i can get a new one or maybe a cheap old style lettered :)

Honetly, I am still waiting for someone to Replace Shanny's numbers. Fill that spot and you will kill two birds with one stone.

Oh you mean his ONE goal he had in his last post-season with the Redwings? Damn! I see your point it'll be hard to fill that order.

We don't need a million goals in the regular season, only in the play offs.

One thing you need to do is quit talking out your ass and putting comments on me that I never said. I'm sick of it. You've done it previosuly on other posters in other threads as well. There is no need to respond to such a dumbass who keeps throwing out such on point s*** as "You're an idiot if you think a guy like Asham is nothing but a 4th line player. We need him. He's also a scorer." Wow - in-*******-sightful !!

:rolleyes: Sorry, but who are you to tell someone to take a minute to relax and breathe when you're spouting the f-bomb and biaaatch inbetween thinly-veiled, and sometimes outright, insults? You're both getting pretty personal with your attacks and contributing to derailing the thread, so don't just sit up on a high horse and lecture KPW. You need to own up too- it's a 50-50 thing dude. :thumbdown:

Plus you still didn't answer his question. ;)

Oh you mean his ONE goal he had in his last post-season with the Redwings? Damn! I see your point it'll be hard to fill that order.

:crazy: No one on the Wings put up decent playoff numbers that season- hence the early exit.

I assure you- Shanny's a power-forward with a sniper-scope that's yet to be replaced on this team. Obviously he contributed to the past playoff sucess of the Wings in years the team actually showed up.

You are right I kinda overlooked that as the entire team sucks ass at scoring in the post season... my bad completely.

Shanny has not been replaced to date...

Edited by OsGOD

Wow, again you didn't answer my question.

How are you bringing post counts into this? Are you so starved to make an argument for yourself that this is your plan to make me look bad?

You're a God damn idiot. Nothing you say means s***.

Edit: And if you weren't so f-ing stupid, you would know I never said Asham is a top line player. Never did I say that! I said that he'd be a good fit as a depth player that Holland was looking for. Many can back up this statement also, since that was clearly my intentions.

How is it that you never said anything that I claimed you did? All you do is ***** about Holland without ever giving any sort of solution to the problem. You were the exact same way last summer. Even though I wasn't a member here at the time, I still read these forums frequently. All you did last summer was ***** your ass off because Holland didn't trade the entire Grand Rapids roster to Florida for Luongo.

Face it, your a stupid moron who has no argument. The fact that you try to turn this argument around by pointing out my postcount of all things just proves it. Shut the hell up.

Edited by Kp-Wings