• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TimeBinder

Wings sign Drake for 1-year, $550K

Rate this topic

i notice that, what has kopecky done so far in his career? not much. last playoffs when inserted in the line up? not much. heck, one more solid player and your buddy huds might be a healthy scratch again! teehee

I guarantee you that Kopecky will achieve more this season (and any seasons beyond) than Drake will. There comes a point when career achievements don't matter. And being bought out by the Blues at 38 is pretty much that point.

It'll take 3 solid players before Hudler gets scratched again.

NN is a pretty astute poster. And really, do you actually know who the Dallas Drake is? :lol:

I don't get what your problem is.

You still haven't answered my question. Since you know everything, who should they sign? I'm curious to know. Although I probably won't get an answer, since I've asked you the same question multiple times before, and you continue to refuse to answer me.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Why half-ass a prediction? Did you know Hudler will score 30+ goals this season and that Z will net 50G/100P this season? I do.

Drake is old and broken down. He's not the skater or hitter he once was. He will slowly but surely play himself out of the lineup. He's just not good enough anymore.

I hope he gets enough playing time to make that happen.

Ewwww!, I can't wait for the season to start. Man, our team is going to be awesome! I suppose he will be playing with Cleary, and Franzen. What a punishment line! First they check you, and then they score on you! I really really can't wait for the seaon to start! All we need now is for Hudler to grow 2 inches, and gain 30 pounds!

Way to go Holland!

:thumbup:

Absolute Badasses!

I guarantee you that Kopecky will achieve more this season (and any seasons beyond) than Drake will. There comes a point when career achievements don't matter. And being bought out by the Blues at 38 is pretty much that point.

It'll take 3 solid players before Hudler gets scratched again.

Why is it that Kopecky is so much better to some people? He only had 1 f-ing point in the 26 games he played before his injury. The fact that his so called physical play is pretty much a myth at this point is just what really makes me mad. He hardly checked guys at all last year.

I guerentee you that even Grigorenko or Hudler will be more physical then Kopecky. He is insanly soft for a player his size. He's also a bad skater, and has very little offensive upsider. Sure, neither does Dallas Drake. But at least Drake does his defined job much better then Kopecky.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Canadian Wings

Why is it that Kopecky is so much better to some people? He only had 1 f-ing point in the 26 games he played before his injury. The fact that his so called physical play is pretty much a myth at this point is just what really makes me mad. He hardly checked guys at all last year.

I guerentee you that even Grigorenko or Hudler will be more physical then Kopecky. He is insanly soft for a player his size. He's also a bad skater, and has very little offensive upsider. Sure, neither does Dallas Drake. But at least Drake does his defined job much better then Kopecky.

trade kopecky campaign :lol::clap:

joking aside, he is extremely soft for his size and has been absolutely useless so far in his career.

Ewwww!, I can't wait for the season to start. Man, our team is going to be awesome! I suppose he will be playing with Cleary, and Franzen. What a punishment line! First they check you, and then they score on you! I really really can't wait for the seaon to start! All we need now is for Hudler to grow 2 inches, and gain 30 pounds!

Way to go Holland!

:thumbup:

Absolute Badasses!

:lol: ewww doesn't really go along with the rest of your post :lol:

Guess we'll see, won't we?

Signing a broken down old man to play the physical meatgrinder 4th line role will not work as you hope it will. And just to make sure that you don't think I hate the role itself, I wouldn't be in here bitching if we signed Ville Nieminen. He's a bigger, better, faster, younger version of Drake. And a guy I've wanted on the Wings since Calgary inexplicably walked away from him after the lockout.

As for Yashin

Yashin would be a bargain. At $50,000/year.

And just to make sure that you don't think I hate the role itself, I wouldn't be in here bitching if we signed Ville Nieminen. He's a bigger, better, faster, younger version of Drake. And a guy I've wanted on the Wings since Calgary inexplicably walked away from him after the lockout.

Didn't the whole league walk away from him? I thought he signed a deal with a team in Sweden, no?

Didn't the whole league walk away from him? I thought he signed a deal with a team in Sweden, no?

Yeah, but I'm not sure why. Hell I don't understand why Calgary just walked away after the run he had with them in '04. Then he was playing for New York and doing his thing and they traded him to San Jose for whom he had a nice playoffs (15 hits in game 1 vs the Oilers!!) and then he was either hurt or sharing time with kids in San Jose and they traded him to St. Louis in the deal for Guerin. He didn't click for St. Louis and didn't fit into their future plans, but I can't believe there isn't a team out there that couldn't use him. He's a 30yo decently sized, fast, defensively sound, hitting machine with decent hands for a checking line player. He's had good success in the playoffs playing meaningful roles.

Baffling to be honest.

I'm with you, I would have taken him in a heartbeat. Talk about a player who can get inside an opponent's head.

Espicially in goalies heads too. When hes not running them over every shift :lol:

I would love Niemenen on this team , but it'd have to be at the expense of Samuleson. Trade or waive him and sign Niemenen for cheap. Thats if Ville even wants to play in the NHL still. (Which Im sure he does)

Eh, Ville and Sammy fill two entirely different roles. Ville is a 4th line s*** disturber/checking line player. Sammy is a low end scoring line/2nd PP unit player. He might get you 20G and 40P but not much else, but those 20G are important as they take pressure off the top line.

I'd take Ville over Maltby or Drake. Easily.

I would definitly take Nieminen on this team. I just hope that if it happens, guys like Samulesson and Kopecky are given the boot in the process.

I will agree Nieminen has done some stupid, and very bad, s*** in his in his career. Who's to say that he won't help us though? A player like him certainly would, dirty or not.

I have wanted Drake back in the lineup for 14 years. He's not as good as he was 5 years ago, but I would rather him than Maltby or Samuelsson.I expect Hudler and Kopecky to start off taking turns in the lineup, and then one of Drake, Maltby, or Sammy will play himself out of a regular spot. It's a pretty good predicament to be in--and guys like that will play harder knowing that they have to do so to keep playing.

Ideally, Sammy is out, Hudler scores 30 with Hank or Z, and our fourth line is a monster checking/defensive line of Maltby/Drake/Franzen...

And whos to say there are people on here always liked Drake? (Myself included)

I've been wanting him back on the Wings for a couple years now. I'm a fan of his because he is so tough. I just never cared for his cheapshots though, but nevertheless, I am still happy about the move of course.

I've been wanting him back on the Wings for a couple years now. I'm a fan of his because he is so tough. I just never cared for his cheapshots though, but nevertheless, I am still happy about the move of course.

I know it may sound weird , but Im glad hes gonna cheapshoting for us and not agaisnt us. I can imagine him in game 3 in the playoffs agaisnt Anaheim , he would've cheapshotted pronger out of that series.

Solid move by Kenny at a minimal financial rate too. Anyone who was praying for some grit and toughness on our team and still complains about this move is a FREAKIN' IDIOT.... sorry to call names and all, but geeze, some of you people that are complaining need to stop NOW! Good move Kenny!

I know it may sound weird , but Im glad hes gonna cheapshoting for us and not agaisnt us. I can imagine him in game 3 in the playoffs agaisnt Anaheim , he would've cheapshotted pronger out of that series.

Pity that some of us are willing to sacrifice principles for winning. Yeah, I can't wait for the Winged Wheel to turn into a symbol of dirty play thanks to a 38-year-old has-been. I do think Drake has something left to offer the Wings, but if the only weapon he's got left is his elbow, then it's not worth it. And if you want to see your team win the cheap way, maybe you should go be a Duck fan or an Av fan instead.

People are still talking about the hit that Drake put on Lebda. That was last year. Granted it was a questionable hit at best, but at least we know Drake still goes after guys. I dont understand how a guy we signed PURELY FOR GRIT can be insanely bad when we're still talking about a hit he dished out 8 months ago.

Pity that some of us are willing to sacrifice principles for winning. Yeah, I can't wait for the Winged Wheel to turn into a symbol of dirty play thanks to a 38-year-old has-been. I do think Drake has something left to offer the Wings, but if the only weapon he's got left is his elbow, then it's not worth it. And if you want to see your team win the cheap way, maybe you should go be a Duck fan or an Av fan instead.

You know,...i read these all days,...and i just shake my head. Hockey is a brutal game, which takes a brutal type of player to play it. Gordie howe was famous for his elbow's too. He threw one a shift was how it went. Am i comparing Dallas Drake to Gordie howe? Not on your life! I am however saying just because a player hits another player up high everyonce in a while it doesn't make him Jordin TooToo.

You know,...i read these all days,...and i just shake my head. Hockey is a brutal game, which takes a brutal type of player to play it. Gordie howe was famous for his elbow's too. He threw one a shift was how it went. Am i comparing Dallas Drake to Gordie howe? Not on your life! I am however saying just because a player hits another player up high everyonce in a while it doesn't make him Marty Mcsourly.