• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

List of UFAs next season...

Rate this topic

Seeing how zeta has openly expressed his desire to remain a wing for life... I say he is locked up... we should focus elseware on not so locked up people.

DId you just have a lobotomy or something? I don't see how anyone could ever interpret what you just said as a joke.

Actually I did, someone new is very psychic. Again I would prefer one not all those, I dont think we could afford all of them. :) Have a beautiful day.

GO WINGS

I dont know why any of you would look at big names like Hossa. We're in for exactly the same story next offseason, guys like that will not be considered. Money will go to a goaltender, and thats it other than the guys re-signing.

Satan comes with a high asking price. No thank you.

I think some suggestions are a bit ridiculous. Marian Hossa? Come on now. I'm not a big fan of his anyways, since he always goes into early hibernation come playoff time.

There are a ton of good names on that list I would love to see here, but most of them are unlikely anyways. One I do think is likely is Ryan Malone. He'd be a great fit here.

Smaller name player that would fit here are two guys that I really like: Matt Cooke and Brad Isbister. I don't know why Kenny won't sign Isbister: He's been given enough chances to do so. Cooke is probably one of the best practical names out there, in my opinion. Most of the big name players will all want big contracts.

I'll take a look more at that list later. There are some good choices on there. It just comes down to who is the most practical choice. Marian Hossa is not one of those.

Satan comes with a high asking price. No thank you.

I think some suggestions are a bit ridiculous. Marian Hossa? Come on now. I'm not a big fan of his anyways, since he always goes into early hibernation come playoff time.

There are a ton of good names on that list I would love to see here, but most of them are unlikely anyways. One I do think is likely is Ryan Malone. He'd be a great fit here.

Smaller name player that would fit here are two guys that I really like: Matt Cooke and Brad Isbister. I don't know why Kenny won't sign Isbister: He's been given enough chances to do so. Cooke is probably one of the best practical names out there, in my opinion. Most of the big name players will all want big contracts.

I'll take a look more at that list later. There are some good choices on there. It just comes down to who is the most practical choice. Marian Hossa is not one of those.

You are aware there are forward lines above the checking and 4th, yes?

I dont know why any of you would look at big names like Hossa. We're in for exactly the same story next offseason, guys like that will not be considered. Money will go to a goaltender, and thats it other than the guys re-signing.

Basic math says that you can only have 3-4 guys that make $6 mil plus. We have Lids, Datsyuk, and Raflalski. Next year Z will be added to the list. Since all the big names are $6mil +, we aren't getting any of them. So you can dream about guys like Hossa or Heatly but it is not going to happen.

Basic math.

You are aware there are forward lines above the checking and 4th, yes?

Yeah I am. Ryan Malone is a 2nd line player.

What, because I don't think Marian Hossa is a very practical option, that makes me stupid? Ok, yeah. Let's sign a playoff underachiever for 8-10 million a season. Then when Zetterberg is a free agent, we have no money left, because it's all going to Datsyuk and Hossa. Yep, that sure sounds like a good and practical plan. /sarcasm

Edited by Kp-Wings

Of the goalies available, Kipper we cant afford, Kolzig loves the Caps, and we wont be in the market for a franchise goaltender. I also dont think we can afford Hossa or Heatley, but Rolston, Legwand, Fisher, etc are great 2nd line guys.

Come on why crush our dreams. Like this year we all wanted big names, cant we just wish for next year :) We are all Wings fans for crying out loud, we have to get all the big names.

Go Wings

Yeah I am. Ryan Malone is a 2nd line player.

What, because I don't think Marian Hossa is a very practical option, that makes me stupid? Ok, yeah. Let's sign a playoff underachiever for 8-10 million a season. Then when Zetterberg is a free agent, we have no money left, because it's all going to Datsyuk and Hossa. Yep, that sure sounds like a good and practical plan. /sarcasm

Sure, I'll give you Malone but I can't recall many (any?) other players that would have a hope in hell of even achieving half a point per game. We've got checking line or lower players coming out of our ass and a hole up top but it doesn't seem like anyone realizes this. We don't have 500 goal scorers on every single line anymore. Z and Pavel are our only truly legitimate proven top 6 forwards. Anyone can only really get by on a scoring line because of their help which is why we need a proven scorer for next season but all anyone can come up with is a host of Ashams, Halls, and Drakes.

I realize we can't afford Hossa. I ranted about that the other day in the trade Hudler thread where someone suggested the fantasy of landing Marian with him and a pick. And Marian hasn't had a Conn worthy playoffs yet, but there are VERY few wingers I'd take before him. He's a beast in every sense of the word.

Sure, I'll give you Malone but I can't recall many (any?) other players that would have a hope in hell of even achieving half a point per game. We've got checking line or lower players coming out of our ass and a hole up top but it doesn't seem like anyone realizes this. We don't have 500 goal scorers on every single line anymore. Z and Pavel are our only truly legitimate proven top 6 forwards. Anyone can only really get by on a scoring line because of their help which is why we need a proven scorer for next season but all anyone can come up with is a host of Ashams, Halls, and Drakes.

I realize we can't afford Hossa. I ranted about that the other day in the trade Hudler thread where someone suggested the fantasy of landing Marian with him and a pick. And Marian hasn't had a Conn worthy playoffs yet, but there are VERY few wingers I'd take before him. He's a beast in every sense of the word.

I haven't really looked at the list much yet. Malone was the name who caught my eye, because he'd be a great fit. A scoring winger for the second line is a must have.

I was looking for the most practical option. Sure, I'd love Hossa if we could get him. But not at the expense of Zetterberg. Hossa will demand nothing less then top dollar, especially after these ridiculous contracts going to guys like Briere and Gomez. I just don't think it's possible to sign him and still keep Zetterberg. If it is possible, we'd be like Tampa Bay. We'd have a great top line, and a pretty mediocre team after that. That is, unless our prosepcts really come through.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Smaller name player that would fit here are two guys that I really like: Matt Cooke and Brad Isbister. I don't know why Kenny won't sign Isbister: He's been given enough chances to do so.

Maybe its because Isbister is lazy and is a borderline NHLer.

I looked at the list, and the name I'd like to see get signed this year is none other than Mr. Chris Osgood.

Other than that, I'll take all the guys you guys want :P

Ilja Bryzgalov, Christobal Huet, Matt Cooke, JP Dumont or Ryan Malone do sound like reasonable additions. Still dreaming of Brian Rolston and David Legwand in a Red Wings Shirt. Most likely i'll have to keep dreaming.

Anyway the Wing's needs are not clear by now. To many vague factors:

Is Lidstrom retiring?

If not: How much of a Hometown discount is he willing to accept?

Is Howard finally NHL ready?

What's the situation with defensive prospects and Chris Chelios?

Mike Fisher would be an awesome pick up and he's not unreasonable to sign...but 2008 offseason is far far away! maybe the Wings will be so dominant in 07-08 and win it all that they won't NEED anyone else!!!! :yowza:

Some guys from that list that I wouldn't mind up-front:

Chris Clark

Mike Fisher

Matt Cooke

On the defensive end, I am unsure... we seem to have a lot of defensemen...although mostly on opposite ends of their career (some pretty old, some trying to crack the line-up) but we have a nice medium in Brian Rafalski who is still fairly young, he will be our main defenseman when LIds and Cheli are done. I'm going to assume we're set on D.

As for goaltending, I would think Dom is gone next year. I don't honestly believe Osgood could be a winning goaltender at this point in time (past his prime but still a heart and soul kinda guy) So maybe Howard/Osgood splitting time if Howard does his thing this year and is NHL ready by next season. If not, I'd say sign a fairly proven tender who won't demand a high salary and is older rather than younger.

Fairly realistic I guess...

Edited by #1redwingfan