• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Mark Hartigan?

Rate this topic

My friend, Dustin, just told me that on the Wings website Hartigan is listed on the roster in which I checked and he is. I've never heard of him? Has anyone? And how come the Wings didn't mention this as a signing? I am quite confused.

Maybe he's GR bound, but apparently he plays an 'in your face' style. According to TSN that is.

My friend, Dustin, just told me that on the Wings website Hartigan is listed on the roster in which I checked and he is. I've never heard of him? Has anyone? And how come the Wings didn't mention this as a signing? I am quite confused.

Maybe he's GR bound, but apparently he plays an 'in your face' style. According to TSN that is.

Hartigan had brief stints with the Thrashers, Blue Jackets and Ducks, but did not really contribute on the major level. He is most likely bound for Grand Rapids. His numbers in the AHL are above average, though.

Is it just me thinking that Nill and Holland want to turn the Griffins into a Calder Cup contender in 2008?

Guest jaytan

if i remember correctly, he was a wchl star. pretty good player back then. i wouldn't mind the wings taking a chance on him.

Edited by jaytan

if i remember correctly, he was a wchl star. pretty good player back then. i wouldn't mind the wings taking a chance on him.

WCHA. He played for St. Cloud State with guys like Tyler Arnason and Ryan Malone, and against guys like Dany Heatley and Andy McDonald. Hartigan was as big a star in college as any of those guys, too.

Since he was a Group III RFA with Anaheim, looks like we finally got Burke back for signing Bert and Schneids!

:rolleyes:

A pretty decent pick up by the Wings in my view. He has put up good numbers in the AHL nearly a point a game, and will most likely be icing

in GR. Has seen time in the NHL with the Ducks, Blue Jaxs and Thrashers

scoring 26 points in 79 games. May have to change his number if he gets the call thou.....think #13 is in use!!

Surprised that he hasn't ever really stuck in the NHL, he always seems to be the odd man out wherever he goes. It would be a shame if he ends up a career AHLer because I think he could be useful on the right roster. If the league ever makes the next planned expansion, Hartigan could be a nice 3rd or 4th center for one of those teams.

He sounds like he has potential- but then again he's 30. I'm sure he'll do well in GR and maybe if he gets a shot the he could be of service at some point for the Wings. Maybe that "in your face style" could even earn him a 4th line spot although I'd rather see Kopecky get some time to learn the ropes.

Yep looks like he's GR bound, they should be a little better this year i would say.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/200...3_Griffins.html

The Detroit Red Wings continue to stock up their top minor-league affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League.

The Red Wings confirmed on Friday the signing of center Mark Hartigan to a one-year, two-way contract. He’s the third high-profile minor-leaguer to be signed to a two-way contract by the Red Wings since July 1, joining center Mark Cullen and right-winger Carl Corazzini.

Hartigan (57 points in 59 games) Cullen (52 points in 56 games), Corazzini (57 points in 68 games) were all extremely productive in the AHL last season and should provide significant offensive punch for the Griffins.

The squad could also see the return of do-everything captain Matt Ellis, who signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Wings in June.

Notable Red Wings prospects such as Darren Helm, Evan McGrath and Ryan Oulahen stand to benefit from their presence.

The Griffins should be stocked on the blue line, with at least three prospects among the group of Kyle Quincey, Derek Meech, Jakub Kindl and Jonathan Ericsson expected to be assigned to the minors.

The Red Wings also inked bruising defenseman Brad Ference to a one-year, two-way contract earlier this month.

Jimmy Howard and Adam Berkhoel are the anticipated tandem in goal.

The Griffins are coming off an average season, having gone 37-32-6-5 and losing in the first round of the playoffs. The off-season housecleaning should see the team make significant gains in the standings.

I will say this much about Hartigan's college career. He is the only college player that I've ever seen in person (that wasn't on Michigan) that scared the hell out of me every time he stepped on the ice. I was convinced that he was going to score on every shift. The guy was that good. And he's got an absolute BOMB of a shot.

I'm actually pretty surprised that he hasn't turned into anything in the pros (though 16-10--26 over essentially the course of a season isn't THAT bad).

I like the signing. He's definitely worth a look-see, and if nothing else, he'll help the Griffins.

-Tim

Mark lived 2 houses down from me when I was a kid and he was playin' house hockey(Always got cut from the rep teams.. probably due to his last name) and our families are still great friends.

He's never really gotten a true shot at the NHL, but he has been streaky when he's played

I live in Columbus and saw Hartigan play tons of times. While he isnt the top 6 guy the Wings are looking for, he is a hell of a player. He was instantly one of my favorite players because he works incredibly hard, is a great team player, and gets the most out of what he has. Hes not overly big, but not small either (6 foot). He wont crack the Wings lineup, but he will produce in Grand Rapids and possibly get a call up if needed.

Another GR signing. *Yawn*

Although, I have seen Hartigan play before, and he is a pretty gritty player. Combine that with his scoring potential, and I'm really surprised he hasn't been a full time NHL regular.

Guest jaytan

WCHA.font]

Derr, oops.

Anyway, the Griffins are going to be frickin' AWESOME next season!