• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
isbister

2008 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Here's some players that might be available come deadline time if their teams are out of the race....

- Pavol Demitra

- Keith Carney

- Brian Rolston

- Wes Walz

- Sean Hill

- Geoff Sanderson

- Dick Tarnstrom

- Ladislav Nagy

- Rob Blake

- Brad Stuart

- Jaroslav Modry

- Sergei Fedorov

- Mike Peca

- Adam Foote

- J.P. Dumont

- David Legwand

- Martin Gelinas

- Miro Satan

- Mike Comrie

- Trent Hunter

- Aaron Ward

- Branislav Mezei

- Steve Montador

Here's some players that might be available come deadline time if their teams are out of the race....

Thanks for that list. Get some solid idea's going. Like every hockey fan, there are probably some players I'd like to have, that'll probably never happen. Cuz its not like we have a ton of depth to trade away. No excess of talent that is ... so it'll have to come primarily in the form of pics, which probably wont result in an A lister. None the less, I'll still be keeping a close eye in the situation in 08'.

I don't think the Leafs are going to be out of the playoff race by the trade deadline.

I don't think the Leafs will be out of the playoff race by the trade deadline either. I think they will be out of the playoff race by the All-Star Game. :P

OK, I don't see this happening, but what the hell ...

... how about Miika Kiprusoff?

I honestly think Calgary will get him signed at any cost, but it's possible he prices himself out of their range, and it's also feasible that they will be on the playoff bubble come the deadline ... if so, do they keep him and make one last run, knowing they'll likely lose him for nothing after the season, or do they scuttle the year and try to get something in return for him? I don't know what we would have to give up for him, probably a lot, and it wouldn't make sense to get him at the deadline anyway unless (knock on wood) something happens to Dom ... I'm not sure we could afford him either, but I sure would like to see him in red and white for a few years.

on the contray, i bet Dallas does trade one of there bigger names if they don't make the playoffs. several years in a row of complete playoff failure would warrant some stiff action if they failed to make the post season.

on the contray, i bet Dallas does trade one of there bigger names if they don't make the playoffs. several years in a row of complete playoff failure would warrant some stiff action if they failed to make the post season.

I'd love to see either Lehtinen or Morrow here, but I don't see either of those players being let go by Dallas. However, I wouldn't mind having Turco here sometime in the future, although I'm not sure that Dallas is ready yet to make Mike Smith their starting goalie for the future.

...Sergei will be back, it is written in stone. Ward would be a nice pickup for playoff depth as well, but you can take Sergei to the bank. It is done...

Right, we've heard that one before. Also he's going to play defense and win the Norris trophy right? What would he give us that we don't already have? Besides, I don't think that he has that "team toughness" that Babcock wants.

Michael Ryder could be added to that list since the chance of him re-signing with the Habs may be slim - even more so if the Habs don't make the playoffs.

Ryder, & Feds for me :)

I've wanted Ryder on the wings forever. This season however, is the one where it is most likely will get him. At the trade deadline hiss cap hit will be a million or less. He's exactly what we need, goal scoring winger.

Dunno about Fedorov, hes not what we need. But for cheap, I'd consider him.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt this Modanos last year under contract? Should Dallas be out of the playoff spot by then anyone think he may be a rental player for one more cup?

Sign Forsberg in december + Modano for Hudler 2nd and a prospect? =D

Sigh we could dream.

:lol:

Of course I would be happy with any combination ( even if just one) Ryder, Rolston, Feds( as long as we dont pay that much), Satan.

Of course DH Hossa and Mats, would all incredible but the only one we could realistcly get would be Sundin for a mere 4 months.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hypothetical time guys. What or who would need to be included with Mikael Samuelsson in a trade for Brian Rolston?

A 1st, a 2nd, and a top 3 prospect. Or 2 1sts and a good but somewhat lesser rated prospect. You might as well just ask what will it take to get Rolston, as Samuelsson does nothing in that deal to bring down the asking price. He's basically just a throw in. Rolston would be one of the top 3 names available for sure if on the market, so unless he has a knee injury or something for most of the season, you're gonna have to pay a ton.

A 1st, a 2nd, and a top 3 prospect. Or 2 1sts and a good but somewhat lesser rated prospect. You might as well just ask what will it take to get Rolston, as Samuelsson does nothing in that deal to bring down the asking price. He's basically just a throw in. Rolston would be one of the top 3 names available for sure if on the market, so unless he has a knee injury or something for most of the season, you're gonna have to pay a ton.

I completely disagree, I know you hate Samuelsson, but 20/20 guys who only make 1.2m a year and are at worst average defenseively aren't throw ins. No, he's not young, no he doesn't have a proven track record when not playing with a superstar center, but his contract along with this past two seasons make him worth a lot more than nothing.

Edited by Heaton

I completely disagree, I know you hate Samuelsson, but 20/20 guys who only make 1.2m a year and are at worst average defenseively aren't throw ins. No, he's not young, no he doesn't have a proven track record when not playing with a superstar center, but his contract along with this past two seasons make him worth a lot more than nothing.

Unless im mistaken, isnt this Samuelsson's last year under the 1.2 contract? If you're Minnesota, you arent dealing a guy every other playoff team is going to want unless you are getting the best youth and picks package in return you can get. It just doesnt make sense to do otherwise.

Also consider that Minnesota would probably be pretty much out of the playoff race to deal him, so what value does Samuelsson bring to them? Why take less picks to have him for the rest of the season when your team isnt going anywhere? He's not a throw in most other trade scenarios, but in this case, he is one.

Unless im mistaken, isnt this Samuelsson's last year under the 1.2 contract? If you're Minnesota, you arent dealing a guy every other playoff team is going to want unless you are getting the best youth and picks package in return you can get. It just doesnt make sense to do otherwise.

Also consider that Minnesota would probably be pretty much out of the playoff race to deal him, so what value does Samuelsson bring to them? Why take less picks to have him for the rest of the season when your team isnt going anywhere? He's not a throw in most other trade scenarios, but in this case, he is one.

I wasn't implying Samuelsson would be a major player in a high profile rent-a-player trade, just saying that his value is worth something.

I'm not expecting management to make a big move. This roster will perform very well in the regular season; Holland will cite this and the next offseason's FA pool as reasons for not being too eager to make a trade deadline splash; we'll pick up a utlity player or two to replace predictably injured players; and we'll see what happens.

Edited by Dabura