10/20 GDT: Red Wings 5, Phoenix Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

**MODERATOR NOTE**

The game day thread is an excellent place to discuss the game each night. However, the mods and admin have come to the conclusion that the GDTs have become entirely too cluttered and full of wasteful posts that don't contribute anything. It's not pleasant to try and read or post in a GDT when entire pages are full of posts that say nothing at all. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from posting for the sake of posting. One and two-word posts, especially, need to stop. Trying to be the first to post when a goal is scored or a power play is awarded brings discussion to a screeching halt. Please limit talk in the GDT to constructive opinions and observations on the game at hand - that's what the GDT is for.

Edited by aflac9262

kopecky on the 2nd line......you're kidding right?

anywho,

looking forward to some saturday night hockey, always a good time.

would love to see henrik continue his assualt on the league in this game: remember, his first (and only thus far) career hat trick came against phoenix last year.

:sly:

go wings!

GO WINGS! I wanna see 2 more from Zetts and PLEASE Filppula get a POINT... how many times do I have to say this? If he can't get a point against the 'Yotes... who can he get one against? I'm rooting for you, Flip.

7-0

yes, we slaughter(sp) them.

Clearyx2, Zetterbergx2, Homer, Lidstrom, Ellis

Zetterberg assists on one of Dannys, Homers and Lidstroms. Yes, he will have 20 points in nine games.

7-0... what are u talking about.... at least 10-0 wings... ahahha no but seriously 5-1 wings :cool:

im not exactly sure (a) why i noticed this, (b) why i thot it noteworthy, or © why i decided to mention it, but if phoenix's pk is 18-20, then wouldnt it be 90%?? .......

other than that, awesome gdt!!!

wings - 5 (z x 2, dats, homer, flips)

dogs - 1 (gretzky)

Zetterberg needs a hattie this game! Throw 3 assists on there and he's up in a comfortable lead and I can stop worrying someone will pass him. :blush:

Pavel's got the goal monkey officially off his back with a non-trickler last game so hopefully he'll be lighting up the lamp too!

Huds does well against the 'yotes so hopefully he'll get some points!

That is all :D

We seem to do better when I don't make predictions, so I'll sit this one out in that department.

Guest Jeremy88

I wanna see Pav get some more goals, he needs to show everyone that Z isn't our only goal-scorer this year

Guest DetroitIan

Red Wings 3, Coyotes 0.

Hasek gets the S-word.

Red Wings Goals Score By: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary

It kind of makes me sad that Ozzie isn't starting again. I hope Dom can keep up! No predictions, but here's hoping for Z to continue his amazing point streak.

Hudler demoted to 4th line? Eek. Maybe he'll wake up >_>

GO WINGS! I wanna see 2 more from Zetts and PLEASE Filppula get a POINT... how many times do I have to say this? If he can't get a point against the 'Yotes... who can he get one against? I'm rooting for you, Flip.

I second this post. PLEASE FLIP, please score a point tonight!

Anyway Wings will win quite comfortably; I’ll say 4-1. It starts for Flip tonight!

I have to say, I like Kopecky coming up to second line. Not becuase I think Kopecky is deserving but hopefully it will open Huds eyes and take some of this media pressure off of him and he can finally produce.

Alright Dom, you need to wake up tonight! Or Ozzy is gonna get the bulk of starts, which may not be bad...

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same team who played the Sharks needs to show up tonight and play the way they did on Thursday. Everyone is ready to dump Dom, but seriously, another game like that mess in Anaheim with 20+ minutes of PK and 5-3s won't help much. Phoenix may not have scoring threats like Zata, but it won't matter if we're too busy killing off stupid penalties to get a scoring chance.

I have little sinking feeling about tonight. If the team is looking forward to the trip home and a couple of days off, they're in for trouble. Hopefully, the smell of home-cooking won't be too powerful a distraction, and everyone will show up.

Hudler, Drapes and Homer with goals, Dom achieves yet another NHL all-time record. :)

Edited by puckloo39

"wasteful posts that don't contribute anything. Please limit talk in the GDT to constructive opinions and observations on the game at hand - that's what the GDT is for."

I really don't think that your interminable and idiotic predictions fit the guidelines mentioned above!

CONSTRUCTIVE OPINIONS AND OBSERVATIONS, NOT SOPHOMORIC SLOP! Take your predictions back to the schoolyard and leave this site free for substantive matters.

No Ozzie Tonight after his third or three stellar starts? ah well i expected as much...

Go Wings!

oh and Dom pick up your play... please... you are KILLING my fantasy team!

"wasteful posts that don't contribute anything. Please limit talk in the GDT to constructive opinions and observations on the game at hand - that's what the GDT is for."

I really don't think that your interminable and idiotic predictions fit the guidelines mentioned above!

CONSTRUCTIVE OPINIONS AND OBSERVATIONS, NOT SOPHOMORIC SLOP! Take your predictions back to the schoolyard and leave this site free for substantive matters.

I think that is more focused on the threads that just say: GOAL or Yahoo or Dom stinks. Predictions have always been in the GDT. Just my thought.

dude, lighten up ... who pissed in your wheaties?

p.s. your post didn't contribute anything :lol:

I dont post very often in the GDTs, but the moderator's note i agree with 100%. Thats basically the reason i rarely go in there, when you try and reply to someone or ask a question and within 5 minutes your post is buried under 3 pages of 1 word posts...you figure whats the point.

I dont post very often in the GDTs, but the moderator's note i agree with 100%. Thats basically the reason i rarely go in there, when you try and reply to someone or ask a question and within 5 minutes your post is buried under 3 pages of 1 word posts...you figure whats the point.

True i noticed that last game. It was rough. I checked the chat room 4 times but no one was there.

"p.s. your post didn't contribute anything" You might be correct "Lets Go Pavel," but does 10 or 15 people giving their prediction contribute anything? Is it informative or explanatory in any way?! How about discussions centering on players, tactics, records etc. instead of someone's fantasy of what's going to happen. Here's my latest prediction: a hat trick by the fat guy in row 17, section 7 - that's as worthwhile as all the predictions I read here: NOTHING!

Since so many seem to not like predictions, and so many do like them, what would the mods think if we started a seperate "predictions for tonight's game" thread. Then those of us who like them could have our fun and those who don't wouldn't have to see them. Mods?

Back to topic:

I was surprised to see Kopecky in the top second line. I was even more surprised to see Hudler fall to the bottom. At least they have Sammy to shoot the puck ;)

I hope they are thinking that Huds and Ellis will work well together, which is a possibility, rather than this being a sign that Huds is not working out.

(Don't look if you don't like predictions: Wings 4, Yotes 2.)