• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

The Drake returns sunday...

Rate this topic

Dallas Drake has been cleared to return Sunday, so who should make way for him?

Immidiate options that spring to mind are Ellis and Downey. A slightly less obvious one would be Kopecky, Personally, as a fight and toughness fan, I would keep Downey in the line-up because he fills the toughness role and like him or not, hes doing it very efficiantly. I also like Matt Ellis because unlike lazy and sucks Igor, he plays with alot of heart and is performing obove expectations at the moment.

So my choice would be Kopecky because hes been very dissapointing so far, and deserves to keep his place less than Ellis or Downey. Of course there is the option of leaving Dallas out of the line-up, but thats no way to treat Sir Drake :P

You ask me who should sit??? Drake!

I dont understand what the hell he's supposed to provide to the lineup with a cage on. It certainly wont be toughness, which is the one thing he was providing prior to injury, so I dont know. You cant take Downey out.

Eh, really - the way the Wings are playing, there is absolutely no need Drake should be in the lineup. I'd be disappointed if Downey was taken out of the lineup, and really I'd like to see Kopecky play more, he seems to be playing better game by game.

The Drake = -5 in 8 Games with 1 point

Kopecky = +4 in 11 Games with 2 points

Really, I'd say until Kopecky becomes notably bad, then just keep the lineup how it is. The Drake can take a seat for now.

This is no knock on Drake, but more of a testament of how others have played due to him and Samulesson being injured recently. I think Drake has to sit right now.

Downey's done his job with his limited ice time providing energy, a job similar to what I assume Drake would do and with roughly the same amount of ice time more/less.

Ellis the same, and he's shown a knack offensively.

And while Kopecky hasn't lit the lamp, he's been far from invisible out there.

I'd be happy to see Drake back in and it won't kill me if one of the other three are scratched as I have no control over coaching decisions and would understand why they'd want to put Drake back it, but it wouldn't kill me either if Drake waited his turn due to the three above playing very well so far.

This is no knock on Drake, but more of a testament of how others have played due to him and Samulesson being injured recently. I think Drake has to sit right now.

Downey's done his job with his limited ice time providing energy, a job similar to what I assume Drake would do and with roughly the same amount of ice time more/less.

Ellis the same, and he's shown a knack offensively.

And while Kopecky hasn't lit the lamp, he's been far from invisible out there.

I'd be happy to see Drake back in and it won't kill me if one of the other three are scratched as I have no control over coaching decisions and would understand why they'd want to put Drake back it, but it wouldn't kill me either if Drake waited his turn due to the three above playing very well so far.

I'd play Drake maybe once every 5 games or so just to keep him somewhat active...but thats it until he's fully 100% recovered. With a Drake/Downey swap you're losing all the toughness since Drake will be providing zero. So its stupid to take him out. Even Kopecky threw a couple pretty good hits last night, which is what he needs to do consistently because of his ineptness offensively. Needs to play like a full blown 4th liner, hit alot when out there and even drop the gloves once in a while. Because thats the only role he could be ok at in the NHL. Im one of the few that isnt on the Ellis as a regular bandwagon, but its hard to imagine they'd take him out right now since he has 2 goals. Drake has to sit.

The obvious choice would be Hudler. Drake brings more than him even when he's caged.

Well i wouldnt say when caged, but eventually Hudler is a guy that is definitely pine worthy when guys start getting healthy. To me he's always seemed out of place here, I'd be surprised if he's still here by the end of the season.

Hudler would be my choice to get the scratch. IMO the guy is an AHLer at best and hasn't shown me anything thus far. He gets knocked off the puck more than Pronger gets booed and is way too slow (must have been something Lang taught him when they lived together...lol). The more grit and intensity we have in the lineup the better and Drake provides that eventhough he won't be able to fight for a while.

Love the Drake!!

I wouldn't mess with winning combination but realistically Downey seems like the odd man out, at least against Vancouver. Which is too bad

It is just really hard to make this team now given almost everyone is playing well.

I also somewhat agree that Hudler needs to pick up his pace or his already small ice time will diminish even more.

Ellis, and Downey play great togather. I think they need to send hudler down. he is to small. he gets creamed every time he comes close to the puck.

Oh, if the send hudler down...can't another team pick him up on waivers when he tries to come back?

Ellis, and Downey play great togather. I think they need to send hudler down. he is to small. he gets creamed every time he comes close to the puck.

Oh, if the send hudler down...can't another team pick him up on waivers when he tries to come back?

Actually, Hudler becomes a healthy scratch so no need to send him down.

Dont think so, cuz they put Drake on IR? right? and they free'd up the spot for Igor. I think thats what happend i could be tottaly wrong though.

Anyway, id like Ellis outta the line-up. Other then his lucky goal's that a newborn infant could of scored. He plays soft. Id much rather have him OUT, because no part of his game is very good.. Downey on the other hand is a GOOD Crash and banger, and i think if he put some effort into it, he could be a below average offensive threat just like Ellis..

Ill take Drake over those 2 anyday though, Drake has been a captain has leadership skills, he hasnt done much point whise in his limited role so far. but looking at his career you know he has what it takes. compared to ellis and downey who have never been much of anything.. ever.

I'd like to see Kopecky get sent down, because he gives us nothing that we need. That would also mean that Pavel and Hank will have to be split up, because Kopecky is playing center right now. Drapes would then have to be the 4th line center, which would limit his minutes. I think that Babcock will probably scratch Downey to avoid having to do this. But I hope I'm wrong and that Kopecky gets scratched.

Guest Canadian Wings

You ask me who should sit??? Drake!

I dont understand what the hell he's supposed to provide to the lineup with a cage on. It certainly wont be toughness, which is the one thing he was providing prior to injury, so I dont know. You cant take Downey out.

ditto

I might have to agree with sitting hudler. I love the little guy on the rink but i think i'm as big as he is. what is he like 5'7? Throwing the body around, not so much. The whole team is more feisty now than it has been in years. With the addition of our newer kids and some of our vet's i think a bit more size wouldn't hurt us, but the production needs to be as much as we can put on the scoreboard. He's not getting the points or assists, is he?

Guest DetroitIan

I Love the Drake.

How can you not love the Drake?

Gotta love the Drake.

Seinfeld knows whats up, lol.

But in all seriousness, thank God he's coming back. With Drake and Downey, the Wings arent just a team with talent and skill. They also have grit, and a few fist chuckers.

Edited by DetroitIan

Correct, but it's good to start thinking about this now since Franzen may be back soon

Nobody should be sent down though even when Franzen comes back, wouldnt this just give them the same amount of skaters they had at the start of the season? Theyre actually 1 short right now with Franzen on IR. Or was somebody hurt at the start of the year and im missing something?