• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

MLB Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

In the paper today it mentioned the Tigers being one of the teams interested in some good Japanese pitcher. But it also said if we re-signed Rogers our interest would probably dwindle. I dont agree with this, if you're willing to dish out a ton of cash on position players, you better do the same for pitching. Given our massive holes in the pen,...i'd try to sign both and trade Nate Robertson for a relief pitcher. This way you're avoiding having to trade another good prospect....and you're still able to leave the 5th spot open for Miller or somebody else who has a strong spring. Nate could get us a pretty good bullpen arm i'd think, better than any middle - late reliever thats on the market anyway.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

some news:

Lowell stays with the BoSox

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118926

Rivera stays with the Yanks

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118286

Glavine back in Atlanta

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118868

ChiSox trade SP Jon Garland to Angels for SS Orlando Cabrera

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118872

Castillo stays with the Mets

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118238

Edited by rwfan007

I like this trade for the D-Rays. Theyre assembling a really nice young nucleus of arms with Kazmir, Garza, and Shields. This team could actually be going somewhere now! Delmon Young has too much Milton Bradley in him, i think its good they got rid of him because he seems like a player who's always going to have some kind of trouble surrounding him.

Tigers are apparently close to signing Latroy Hawkins...if they havent already. Dont really like it..

Guest DetroitIan

I heard the Rays got Percival. What ever happend to Troy in a Tigers uni? I mean I know he had health issues when we got him. But what happend with this contract? Did we cut him? Trade him? For some reason I cant frickin remember. As for getting Kenny. Im very pleased with that deal. Great move by Dombrowski. I know Kenny has ateast one more season left in the tank. Oh and whoever gets Santana. Might as well put themselves in the post season. I hear its gonna be the evil empire.

I heard the Rays got Percival. What ever happend to Troy in a Tigers uni? I mean I know he had health issues when we got him. But what happend with this contract? Did we cut him? Trade him? For some reason I cant frickin remember. As for getting Kenny. Im very pleased with that deal. Great move by Dombrowski. I know Kenny has ateast one more season left in the tank. Oh and whoever gets Santana. Might as well put themselves in the post season. I hear its gonna be the evil empire.

Hmmmm....what did happen to Troy. I THINK we basically allowed him to shop himself around and we let him out of his contract when he found another team. But im really not positive on that...

Rumor has it if the Yanks get Santana, the Red Sox are going to shoot for Dan Haren. If the BoSox can get Haren, i dont see how the hell we'd get ever get passed them considering our pen. That rotation would be unbelievable. Beckett, Haren, Dice K, Schilling....ugh.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest DetroitIan

Hmmmm....what did happen to Troy. I THINK we basically allowed him to shop himself around and we let him out of his contract when he found another team. But im really not positive on that...

Rumor has it if the Yanks get Santana, the Red Sox are going to shoot for Dan Haren. If the BoSox can get Haren, i dont see how the hell we'd get ever get passed them considering our pen. That rotation would be unbelievable. Beckett, Haren, Dice K, Schilling....ugh.

Yeah man...thats gonna be a killer rotation. Im just wondering if the Tigers are totally done with pitching help. I hope not. Cause after losing JJ, it seams like we need to go after atleast one more guy this offseason.

Theyre definitely going to sign at least one reliever. It's probably going to be Latroy Hawkins...if they sign him and no one else this will NOT cut it. Our pen will stink again.They shouldve just overpaid to get Riske, who signed with Milwaukee...i'd take him any day of the week over Latroy. If you're willing to throw money around for position players, then hey, better do if for the bullpen too.

By the way, i think im wrong on Percival. So just forget what i said lol. I dont know what the hell happened....but i was amazed to find out he was 3-0 with a 1. something ERA for the Cards last year. I had no idea....i was wondering how the hell he managed to get signed for that much from the D-Rays!

Blockbuster rumor going on today. The Tigers and Marlins discussing a trade that would send Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis here for Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, and "others". Wow...apparantly theyre willing to toss away all their prospects and yet still go in the season with massive holes in the pen. Dont get me wrong, Miguel Cabrera is an absolute stud, but i dont know about this. I sure as heck dont wanna give up Miller as well to get Willis. Maybin i would for sure in a deal for just Cabrera.

Angels also have major interest in Cabrera as well.

I thought that Maybin was completely untouchable and Miller was mostly untouchable. I do not believe that they will deal maybin and miller. we will have only porcello left in the minors then. this deal will not go down

Maybin in a deal for Cabrera is imo, a no brainer no matter what Maybin's potential is. I dont know what else it would take in addition to Maybin to get him, that would be the issue...but you have to believe the odds of Maybin turning out as good as Cabrera or better are probably 20%. I'll take the proven young star (especially since we have Granderson in CF already anyway). Maybin and basically anyone other than Miller or Porcello i'd do in a heartbeat for Cabrera.

My gut tells me we'll end up just trading Miller for Willis. If that happens i'll be PISSED!

Peter Gammons just said this deal with be finished tonight. I hate giving up Miller, and Maybin, but at the same time can't complain about what were getting. In 5 years we could all be very pissed, but at the same we may not care because we will have a ring.

I trust Gammons. I'm glad Herbstreit isn't declaring it (;

Guest DetroitIan

OMG I pray to God this deal happens! All those people praising Inge. Can now realize, that the Tigers don't want a liability in their lineup. Even with the defensive skills Inge has. Hitting .238 just wasn't cutting it. So peace out Brandon. Time to make way for Miguel Cabrera!!! And us getting Dontrell Willis is exactly what we need. Especially after losing JJ. We needed another starter. And if this deal goes down, we're gonna have a proven successful starter. It kinda sucks giving up all that potential talent. But to receive two guys of that callibre, is just an amazing deal. I hope this happens so badly.

So Thames, Inge, and Durbin are expendable now... Inge is my favorite player, and has been for 5 years. Thames I understand, because he just hasnt had a chance to show his real stuff, and got the shaft when J. Jones came along. I like Inge and Thames, but I fear they are on their way out. Good guys, I hope they show the Tigers what phenomenal players they gave up.

WOO! Miguel Cabera is a ******* stud. Dontrelle Willis didnt have a great season last year, but was a star pitcher a couple years ago.

Go Tigers! Sucks losing Miller, but I think if Willis gets his form back, it'll be more then worth it.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Potential Opening Day Lineup:

1. CF - Grandersen

2. 3B - Cabrerra

3. DH - Sheffield

4. RF - Maggs

5. 1B - Guillen

6. SS - Renteria

7. LF - Jones

8. C - Pudge

9. 2B - Polanco

That is just insane!