• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Osgood has been a revelation to Red Wings

Rate this topic

I'm glad that he's finally getting some recognition...and no it won't last..but yay for now.

Ozzie used to be one of the most beloved Wings way back in the day and you'd see Ozzie jerseys abound...and at the Joe the other night there were a ton of Ozzie jersies again. It was cool.

Read this and loved it. One of my all-time favorite Wings and its great to see him finally get some recognition, wanted him to start when he was playing 1B to Legace and he was good when he played last year. Definately feels great when the "Ozzie" chant starts at the Joe which it has a lot this season.

What humors me is the fact that Osgood has been a solid netminder for many years; he was the starter for the Isles, & Blues, & has a winning record for all 3 organizations he's played for...Just now he's getting recognition??? :crazy:

Plain, & simple - Ozzie is da man :thumbup:

No joke. It's amazing how many bashers just assumed he started sucking when he went to bad teams but he kept a winning record and was a huge part of turning those teams around. The ignorance of the situation is mindblowing.

OMG. Ozzie better frame all this so he has proof that there was actually a time when he was appreciated once this lovefest ceases. (And we all know it will.) :)

Yep, and fair-weathered fans will start acting like dumb a**es again unforutnately the minute he might lose 2 games in a row by 1 goal, 2-1.

And I am not looking forward to the day when that happens and people don't think objectively.

Not from us loyal fans it won't.

Oh, yes, the lovefest may fade. Imagine if he loses a playoff round. Or just falls flat for a while. People are going to be bashing him just as bad as they bash Hasek. Remember, according to Detroit fans, failure is ALWAYS the goalie's fault.

Oh, yes, the lovefest may fade. Imagine if he loses a playoff round. Or just falls flat for a while. People are going to be bashing him just as bad as they bash Hasek. Remember, according to Detroit fans, failure is ALWAYS the goalie's fault.

You can also say back to the way it always has been up to this past month or so ago. All i know is that when the parties over... i know 100% that i will still be standing cheering him on!

Edited by OsGOD

06 was legace's fault. theres no question about it.

I am happy to see Oz get the reconition he deserves. I for one have alway loved Ozzy. Ever since i can remember back in the 90's :D

I will alway bash Hasek... not because he fallen flat this season.... but because i always have, I dont like his style... yes it works for him most of the time, but i dont like the acting he does during the game or his flopping around all the time.

I think a big question is... How long is it going to take Kenny to get that 5 year contract to finish his career in Detroit that The Great Oz wants?

edit... Sp

Edited by Williams29fan

Good things happen to good people.

Most all goalies that were once considered an all-star in the nhl then became a back-up would not deal with it well or at all. Ozzie who has seemed to never get the respect he should of has done nothing but love our city, love our fans and want nothing more but to wear the winged wheel. All along most of this time there was always so many Osgood haters. It's about time ozzie gets this positive attetion.

Fun with stats:

Chris Osgood is currently the only starting goaltender who is averaging below 2 goals against in games allowing a minimum of one goal.

If he keeps this up all year, he wins the Vezina; and if that happens, it shouldn't even be close.

My question is if Ozzie continues to play out of his mind just how many games will Dom get? Should they just split the remaining workload or should we go with a 60/40 split in Ozzie's favor?