• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Lidstrom Signs 2-Year, $14.9m Extension

Rate this topic

Thanks for the late Christmas present Nick/Ken.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is this a great signing for the Wings right now, but it gives them some leverage in Zetterberg talks. Of course they will give him a longer term deal, but I can't see it exceeding 7.4 now. Good job.

Give Zetterberg 7 over 6 and then move on to Cleary.

How many times we have to say, that we can't make an extension to Zetterberg yet?

Zetterberg is still signed for next year and we can make the extension after July 1st.

No any way before that.

Understood?

Cleary and Filppula are the next extensions.

Loved that Lidstrom contract. Only player who should earn the Max in the league and he takes a paycut. What a captain.

Edited by Henkka

I really don't know how much of a "discount" 7 and a half million is, but when you consider Lidstrom's track record, along with the fact that a guy like Rafalski is making only about a 1 million less, that's a fair amount.

With today's ridiculous free agent signings, Lidstrom could have easily garnered himself 10-12 million from a rival club without even blinking. It's nice to see he cares about staying here, though, and has loyalty to the Wings organization. He's a great guy.

Great signing, and it's good to have him on the team for another two years. :)

With today's ridiculous free agent signings, Lidstrom could have easily garnered himself 10-12 million from a rival club without even blinking. It's nice to see he cares about staying here, though, and has loyalty to the Wings organization. He's a great guy.

Great point about Lids, how many players would have held out or gone to another org to get more money when they are the best in the world at their position. Yet this man inexplicably takes a pay cut!!!!

I repeat my originally reaction to this

AHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

The Red Wings just signed the best defenseman in the world for less than he is currently making!!!!!!

The Red Wings just signed the best defenseman in the world for less than he is currently making!!!!!!

And thats the bottom line.

Great news, nice work Kenny. :beerbuddy:

So I was watching ESPN highlights on line today and Melrose had some thoughts to share about the Lids signing, nothing special, singing his praises and calling him Nicky which pisses me off BTW>

But either way when I went to their NHL page looking for th clip to post, they have a poll should the wings have given Lids a 2yr 15mil deal.

15% said NO!!!!

What, damn Nuck fans always skewing the vote!

Seriously though that had to be anti-wing fans that voted no!

Guest Crymson
Hope he gets a pay cut next year.

Terrible. Both the gravedig and the comment.