• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IwoCPO

Chelios on McCarty: Maybe GR, Then The Wings

Rate this topic

Boy I love some of you posters always quick to judge, and have no faith. I would love it if some of you went through hard times, and people told you could never do it or you are all washed up. Give the damn man a break, everyone has there demons some people can get over them, some can't. But to say D-Mac cant is ridiculous. I hope he proves everyone wrong. And can dawn the Wings uni again. It would be truly an inspirational story. To say that he will is to be seen, but if the work ethic is there and he can regain his form bring him on. And for Sirdrake, Chelly can say whatever he damn well pleases. Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot say. Chelly is a part of this organziation and if he has a opinion let it be heard. Your just mad that Mac might take Drake's spot on the bench.

GO WINGS

The sooner you give up the notion that Darren McCarty will ever play for the Wings again, the better it will be for your mental health. Anyone who is even holding on to the tiniest glimmer of hope that McCarty will come back to the Wings is living in Lollipop Land. Sadly deluding yourself.

The sooner you give up the notion that Darren McCarty will ever play for the Wings again, the better it will be for your mental health. Anyone who is even holding on to the tiniest glimmer of hope that McCarty will come back to the Wings is living in Lollipop Land. Sadly deluding yourself.

Yup.

Guest DetroitIan
Anyone who is even holding on to the tiniest glimmer of hope that McCarty will come back to the Wings is living in Lollipop Land. Sadly deluding yourself.

Well Im gonna keep on deluding myself. Cause if McCarty is able to get himself into the AHL(which is VERY possible), and the Red Wings have multiple forward injuries, than it is plausable that we could see #25 back in the winged wheel. It's not totally out of the question. Sure it would take several injuries, and as soon as our regulars healed up Mac would be back in GR, but we've seen it happen before in Detroit. Tons of Griffens have donned the Winged Wheel because of injury.

Why do you say that? Because he's not swedish?

The Wings have an ultimate tendancy to bring back former players. They brought Drake back, who, at times, has looked like McCarty looked last season (that being not very good). If McCarty did come back in game shape, what's to say that the Wings would not bring him back? I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm not saying it won't happen either. Anything is possible.

There are other guys who play his role that I would want more, but at the same time, I do want him to finish his career here in Detroit. Considering they brought Drake back, who is no different than McCarty, it's not totally ridiculous to think he could be brought back.

um. its not up to chris chelios who makes the team. maybe he needs to focus more on hockey than being a gm. just my two cents

who told u chelli cant do what he wants when he wants

thats like saying DION PHANIOF DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DION PHANIOF DUN DUN DUN DUN

is dumb

Awesome to hear he has people backing him.

Flint Generals @ Muskegon Fury.

i b at duh game hoe, so hopefully i can chat with him afterwards, whether he plays or not.

More like, Drake,Downey,D-Mac join into a circle and say "with our powers combined"

then all of a sudden, they become Captain Planet, and merk dewds togetha.. and they will be called

dun

dundun

3-D!!! pmfgz@@@

Too bad he won't be in the lineup on Sunday.

Too bad he won't be in the lineup on Sunday.

January 4, Flint Journal: The Generals could find out as late as this afternoon that McCarty has been cleared.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/01/mc...leared_for.html

"as late as this afternoon"

Even if he isnt cleared by the 6th, Hopefully he will still be there to atleast chat with :D

Honestly, it sounds like Chelios is speaking almost hopefully...definitely not with any organ-I-zational info, but he did say on WDFN tonite that if Mac loses the weight and has the passion to play, Grand Rapids may be a destination, with a possible return to the Wings.

A2Y

mccartty is a young man in an old mans body

You guys are harsh. He dressed for 32 games last year and is skating again this year. So he hasn't been gone that long. Some of you wish we'd get tougher and here is a chance. Some of you even listed him as your fav moment for fighting. So why are you guys saying he's done. He's skating more than foreskin and oh if we had a chance to get him oh. Well ya know what. We have goal scores and we have those of you bitching about drake not doing it.

Well there's nothing wrong seeing if Mac can't still get 'er done. It won't be any financial risk at all to the team if he can make it back. We'd probably only have to pay him the League Minimum for a month, and some bonuses in the playoffs.

Holland, Jimmy D, Bowman, Stevie, and Mr. Illitch know what they are doing. If McCarty can help the team, he'll be here, if not, he won't.

I don't see him ever getting back to NHL form, much less Babcock NHL form. Nor do I see him fitting in with this team playing style wise. That's not to take anything away from D-Mac and what he did for the Red Wings, but it's the reality.

The Wings have an ultimate tendancy to bring back former players. They brought Drake back, who, at times, has looked like McCarty looked last season (that being not very good). If McCarty did come back in game shape, what's to say that the Wings would not bring him back? I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm not saying it won't happen either. Anything is possible.

There are other guys who play his role that I would want more, but at the same time, I do want him to finish his career here in Detroit. Considering they brought Drake back, who is no different than McCarty, it's not totally ridiculous to think he could be brought back.

The Wings have an "ultimate tendency" to bring back players who can help the team. Them being former Wings has nothing to do with it. McCarty can no longer help the team. Frankly, it was kind of sad just watching him skate with Calgary. He was completely invisible - if he was even in the lineup.

I don't care if he's Swedish or Kenyan. The Wings are not going to bring him back.

i think it's true that the wings do have a habit of bringing back former players who were solid contributors once and who they feel can be solid contributors again ... take a known quantity over the unknown ... that said, they also seem to do a pretty good job making sure these players fit the team's needs, fit the team's budget, and are still capable of making the same meaningful contributions that are desired ...

... so where does it leave Mac? i don't think anyone knows ... if he is capable of returning to the ice and showing some semblance of his old playing self, if management and coaching staff feel he will fit in with the current team and has something to offer, and if (and chances are good here) he is affordable, why wouldn't we see him back in the winged wheel? but these are 2 big ifs and one little one, and a lot depends on what Mac can do ... if they all turn out to be yes i don't think any of us would be disappointed to see him back on the team, but if they don't all work out it ain't gonna happen ... he's going to have to earn a spot on this team ...

Would love to see it. Most everyone likes a comeback story. I think he would have to be very driven to do it though. He still has gas left in the tank I.M.O.

Only if he takes Drake's minutes. Otherwise, no thanks. We cannot have a washed up enforcer taking minutes from Huds or Flip. Drake or Mac, is probably a toss up IMO.

The fact that they brought Drake back is totally ridiculous. He is the ONLY player on the wings that has a negative +/- except for Derek Meech who has just been sent to Grand Rapids. On a team that has outscored opponents like the Wings this year, it takes alot of effort to be a negative +/-. To all you Lilja and Sammy haters, even they have a positive +/-. Even Downey who is our other enforcer is not negative.

Mac<Drake< anybody else on the team

We should get rid of Drake, forget out Mac, and give the minutes to Flip or Rex.

I'd take DMac over Drake or Downey anyday. How the hell can you say hes washed up? Do you remember L.Murphy? Do you? Right.

Not that I pray to see him back, but I do belive he might still be useful. And he deserves another try.

I have always been a big fan of Darren's. I took my 3 year old son to an autograph signing of his a few years ago and he took the time to give my son some attention instead of just rushing us through the line as quickly as possible. To this day my son's favorite player is Darren McCarty.

That being said, I think Darren's best days are way, way behind him. But, like someone else mentioned, if Joey Kocur can do something like this, I do not see why Mac can't pull it off if he works hard.

Good luck to him.

If he can shed the rockstar crap and focus on hockey I don't see why he couldn't make a run for it. He's got a family who can support and Detroit would certainly be his best shot based on his history here. The rockstar life just exposes him to too many temptations, and let's be honest, the music's not really that good anyway.

Get back on track MAC!!!!

esteef

Even though the return of McCarty would be intriguing, it's a longshot at best. It would be nice to see No.25 out there again but, Darrens best days are long gone, I think. However, if he has conquered his demons and gets himself in great shape and still has the fire, then anything can happen. As for what Chelios said, SirDork, he has the right to say what he pleases, just like you do. It was just an opinion, not a fact. Or wishful thinking on his part. So don't get your lacy panties in bunch.