Samuelson Drinking Game

Rate this topic

So tonight, I started playing the Samuelson drinking game...feel free to add

Liquor Result

1 Shot - for every missed shot

2 Shots - for every shot taken when there is an open player right by the net

Punch in the face - lost puck(s)

im wasted and bruised, he's the new Lang I tells ya

You need to add something for every time he takes an unscreened wrist shot from the blue line with nobody near the net.

Or makes a horrific pass when he's got an open man.

Or gets shoved aside by a smaller player. Bonus points if he backs down and then gets mouthy after the referee is already between him and the other guy.

Samuelsson has unfairly become the new whipping boy in here, sorry to ruin the party. He isn't my favorite but the backlash towards him is just getting downright pitiful now.

He's only costing the Wings $1.2M/yr in salary. Lang's tag was $3.8M/yr, and despite his 2 big goals in the playoffs last season you would have to say he and the Wings didn't see eye-to-eye it appeared around the end of last season, if I had to guess.

Samuelsson is doing very little or nothing to cost the Wings any losses, and he's doing what Babcock wants him to do, which is shoot the puck.

So members in here are telling then that he should NOT do what the coaches tell him then?

I don't know what is more silly in here, the multiple threads, most of them undeserved and overexaggerated....or that hold a grudge to him or what people act shocked like the world has ended when he scores like he's never done it before in his life.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Or gets shoved aside by a smaller player. Bonus points if he backs down and then gets mouthy after the referee is already between him and the other guy.

:lol:

That's the best one I've seen so far. You know how to describe his bad play quite well in depth. :P

last year i called him every name i could think of and was screaming for his head but then there was this ray of light where he scored like 5 points in the last game of the regular season and i started saying "maybe i had this guy all wrong? maybe he is going to step it up in the playoffs!" needless to say i was sorely disappointed and now call him more names than ever before. this man does not belong on an elite team's second line.

Liquor Result

We could have something here... lets see:

1 Shot for each:

- Missed shot

- Shot taken with open player available

- Savardian Spin-o-rama

- Blind backhand pass to opposition

- Losing the offensive zone when playing the point on PP

- Offsides call because of refusal to pass to open forward player

- Offsides call because of pointlessly attempting to deke out the blueline

2 Shots for any combination of two of the above

(example: Spin-o-rama blind backhand pass to opposition)

3 Shots for any combination of three of the above

(example: spin-o-rama shot taken with open player available, shot misses the net)

"Died a little Inside" Bonus!: Bong a 40oz. of the Cheapest corner store beer each time he scores a goal and gets that look of extreme accomplishment on his face that screams "yes, I am the single greatest natural goal scorer in Swedish history and I have officially earned my spot on the second line and PP for the next 3 months"

Edited by b.shanafan14

Guest Canadian Wings

how bout 2 shots when on the PP, he takes a soft wrister only to be blocked and cleared?

You need to add something for every time he takes an unscreened wrist shot from the blue line with nobody near the net.

Or makes a horrific pass when he's got an open man.

This man knows his Samuelsson :siren:

Liquor Result

Or, you could just go with 1 shot every time someone posts a message on this board trashing Samuelsson. That ought to get your stomach pumped.

Samuelsson is doing very little or nothing to cost the Wings any losses, and he's doing what Babcock wants him to do, which is shoot the puck.

The problem is - the coaches want all players to shoot the puck. They'd rather see a shot then that extra pass. But they don't want you taking stupid shots, I.E. wristers from the blue line with 0 traffic. In the NHL, those do not go in...well, they shouldn't...but you get my point. Coaches want hard shots, with traffic in front, or from in close, from all players. Sammy just takes crappy shots.

The problem is - the coaches want all players to shoot the puck. They'd rather see a shot then that extra pass. But they don't want you taking stupid shots, I.E. wristers from the blue line with 0 traffic. In the NHL, those do not go in...well, they shouldn't...but you get my point. Coaches want hard shots, with traffic in front, or from in close, from all players. Sammy just takes crappy shots.

Then why has his coach publicly backed his play, and has said that Dats needs to shoot more, or Flip and Cleary need to go to the front of the net more, yet Babs has not mentioned a word about Sammy needing to shoot less, pass more.

But Yzermaniac and the rest of you know so much about hockey and evaluate players so flawlessly which NHL team is it that you work for again?, oh you don't, which AHL team was it?, oh, Juniors?, uh huh, ECHL?, nope not that one either, High school, not so much huh, Pee wee's.

That is it you are a scout for you local Pee Wee team, nice!

Do you think they need a GM I am looking for a new job! I have the same amount of experience as you do so I should be a shoe in!!!

^^^^^^Someone that shoots as much as him should have more goals. He doesn't have many goals because his shots are s***.

I will take Bab's opinion over yours, but that is just me!