• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

2/12 GDT: Predators 4, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Alright... I watched this game, like every other game, and was not happy with the first 10 minutes. But come on, so many of you guys are acting like they are the worst team in the NHL all of a sudden... now I believe you can't be at your best every single night, and tonight the puck just didn't go in favor with the wings. It is very rare that their passing is off like it was, the puck seemed to bounce over wings' sticks, pave, though still good, just couldn't have his usualy magic with the puck, and , though many of you may rag on me, goaltending in the first 8 min or so was off. Im not one of those guys who are going to start hating Ozzy becasue of his bad performances the last couple games, as they were not all his fault, BUT I can safetly say he should have had the first goal and 3rd goal (Dom would have anticiapted that pass).

With these key problems, where to go from here?Well, Ozzy hasn't been as good, bench him a game. If Dom isn't ready to go Friday (I think he may be now becasue of another loss) then let Howard play. When he went in net tonight, the wings played much better and picked up their play because they knew they had to play better with a rookie goaltender. Also, passing needs to decrease with the wings... there are so many times where they should shoot the puck but are nice and pass it off, which creates turnovers... they need to find a way to stop that and continue with their usual play. Personally, I CANT wait until Dominik Hasek comes back... at which point he will begin to get ready for playoffs... and DOMINATE...

But, don't worry... just a minor slump with little mistakes that the wings will fix by Friday... Friday they will come out strong all game at home... GO WINGS

yeah, we play the central a ton the rest of the season. we are absolute s*** against the central this year. the final stretch could be interesting.

But it's all good. Some adversity would be a good reminder that we can't slack off before the playoffs. It should keep the team sharp. Normally I wouldn't say this, but tonight, Ozzie + bad defending= Epic Fail.

Edited by wingnut40

Wings will be fine. Franzen is playing better but Huds and Filp can't execute. They were doing some slick passing but then they wait 5 minutes to shoot the puck. The Preds were playing really quick there in the first 8 minutes and shut down the neutral zone. Wings should have established puck control better in the first few minutes. On a side note I really hate Getzlaf. (Ducks-Avs game)

Alright... I watched this game, like every other game, and was not happy with the first 10 minutes. But come on, so many of you guys are acting like they are the worst team in the NHL all of a sudden... now I believe you can't be at your best every single night, and tonight the puck just didn't go in favor with the wings. It is very rare that their passing is off like it was, the puck seemed to bounce over wings' sticks

i disagree. our passing has been like this for weeks. teams, i think are throwing a strong forecheck our way and the wings don't know how to handle it. teams are also keeping us to the outside really well and the wings don't have an answer. those things coupled with less than stellar effort spell trouble.

it's not like we're losing to the cream of the nhl, here. three of the four were against nashville, the kings, and the leafs. that's gotta be cause for some concern.

YESSSS Laperrier was fighting Getzlaf!! Awesome! Getzlaf needs to get his ass kicked.

EDIT: Wow Getzlaf is such a pansy. He totally lamed out on that fight. McCarty-Getzlaf fight in the playoffs!! Make it happen.

Edited by jim3033

Getzlaf even looks like a prick, haha.

Wings as a whole don't need to -oh as I type this getzlaf gets in a fight- shoot more, they need to take better shots and -ohh more fights- other players (flip) needs to shoot more. It's kind of like a wings trademark at this point to "control" a game, way outshoot the opponent but that's about it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Alright, here's the thing. The Wings actually played pretty well the last 50 minutes of this game? The first 10 where abominable and awful, but they pressured Nashville the rest of the way. It's unfortunate Radulov scored that fourth goal, or else I think the rest of the game unfolds quite differently. So, I mean, this is certainly not worth getting completely panicked about. Is this a slump? Certainly. But it's really only because the Wings have lost the four games, not necessarily the way they have played.

Against L.A., a god-awful third period was their downfall. In Toronto, they dominated the entire game but just weren't able to pull away. We all know the story against Anaheim on Sunday. And, again, tonight wasn't anything spectacular, but it wasn't as if there wasn't a considerable amount of effort. Yes, it's true that the Wings need to play a complete game. And, yes, it's true that performances like the ones recently won't win squat in the playoffs. But, like I said, it's a little bit of a slump. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to riot in the streets just yet.

The big bright spot tonight was the play of Jimmy Howard. My goodness, he was fantastic. I feel much better about the future of the Wings after watching him this evening. If I'm Babcock, Howard gets the start on Friday against Columbus.

I continue to wonder why Mikael Samuelsson has a permanent place on this roster. To me, he's as expendable a player as there is on the team. He makes terrible passes, takes ill-advised shots and skates around in circles for thirty seconds at a time when the team is on the power play. Completely useless. Bench him, please.

Nick Lidstrom looked human tonight! He got beat on two early goals and looked a bit tired in the process. Still, he keeps the puck in at the point like nobody else. Ever.

The absences of Cleary and Kronwall were really evident tonight. I think they miss Cleary, in particular. I don't understand putting Matt Ellis in his place instead of Aaron Downey. Downey has been great with the limited ice time he has been given. Why not let him show what he can do? Ellis hasn't really done anything ever before. At least Downey is fun to watch.

So, yeah, losing is never fun, especially against Nasvhille and especially against the Central Division again. But, I'm not going to get worried yet. If we lose at home to Columbus on Friday, then maybe things are different. Until then, though, I will think of this as a good thing for us.

Guest LivingtheDream
Alright, here's the thing. The Wings actually played pretty well the last 50 minutes of this game? The first 10 where abominable and awful, but they pressured Nashville the rest of the way. It's unfortunate Radulov scored that fourth goal, or else I think the rest of the game unfolds quite differently. So, I mean, this is certainly not worth getting completely panicked about. Is this a slump? Certainly. But it's really only because the Wings have lost the four games, not necessarily the way they have played.

Against L.A., a god-awful third period was their downfall. In Toronto, they dominated the entire game but just weren't able to pull away. We all know the story against Anaheim on Sunday. And, again, tonight wasn't anything spectacular, but it wasn't as if there wasn't a considerable amount of effort. Yes, it's true that the Wings need to play a complete game. And, yes, it's true that performances like the ones recently won't win squat in the playoffs. But, like I said, it's a little bit of a slump. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to riot in the streets just yet.

The big bright spot tonight was the play of Jimmy Howard. My goodness, he was fantastic. I feel much better about the future of the Wings after watching him this evening. If I'm Babcock, Howard gets the start on Friday against Columbus.

I continue to wonder why Mikael Samuelsson has a permanent place on this roster. To me, he's as expendable a player as there is on the team. He makes terrible passes, takes ill-advised shots and skates around in circles for thirty seconds at a time when the team is on the power play. Completely useless. Bench him, please.

Nick Lidstrom looked human tonight! He got beat on two early goals and looked a bit tired in the process. Still, he keeps the puck in at the point like nobody else. Ever.

The absences of Cleary and Kronwall were really evident tonight. I think they miss Cleary, in particular. I don't understand putting Matt Ellis in his place instead of Aaron Downey. Downey has been great with the limited ice time he has been given. Why not let him show what he can do? Ellis hasn't really done anything ever before. At least Downey is fun to watch.

So, yeah, losing is never fun, especially against Nasvhille and especially against the Central Division again. But, I'm not going to get worried yet. If we lose at home to Columbus on Friday, then maybe things are different. Until then, though, I will think of this as a good thing for us.

I liked watching Howard too. Play the kid some more! I think we need this spanking in plenty of time prior to the playoffs. However, we have too many Yankee fans here and it will never cease.

I didn't watch the game, due to lack of interest. Was Downey scratched out of the lineup by any chance?

In my opinion, this losing streak is the best thing to happen to the Wings. Why? Because if the Wings were to go on another 400 game winning streak, it'd be all the more incentive for Holland not to make a move at the deadline, and come up with some bulls*** cliche like "We think we can win the Cup with our current group", which I absolutley cannot stand.

It's not going to kill the team if they lose some of these games. They pretty much have their playoff spot etched in stone, and if they somehow blow it, then it'll show that Holland isn't the magical genious like everyone thinks of him as. But I highly doubt that'll happen. The Wings will make the playoffs, so a losing streak in mid-February is nothing of harm.

P.S: Play Howard in the next game. Osgood can ride the bench after what sounds like an absolutley awful performance. Besides, as he is the goaltender of the future, it'd be nice to see what he can do.

Yes Kp, it was our favorite lineup move tonight. Downey- OUT , Ellis - IN

Unbelievable. I'm glad I didn't watch. I don't know what Babcock sees out of Ellis, because he's nothing more than the new Josh Langfeld in my opinion.

The one positive to the Cleary injury was that Downey would get more playing time, and now that isn't even happening... this team mystifies me in so many ways.

Unbelievable. I'm glad I didn't watch. I don't know what Babcock sees out of Ellis, because he's nothing more than the new Josh Langfeld in my opinion.

The one positive to the Cleary injury was that Downey would get more playing time, and now that isn't even happening... this team mystifies me in so many ways.

I always thought he was slightly better than Langfeld, but thats not saying anything! I thought Drake would be the odd man out whenever Ellis played, especially if Drake had just played the previous game. Maybe not though...ugh.

It became an exciting game in the second. Wings almost made it 3-2. Things almost started clicking but there were one too many turnovers in the second. Samuelsson had a pretty bad turnover and filp and huds had some big opportunities to shoot the puck and didn't. I don't think Ellis is good either.

Word is that Downey has been a bit sore lately and it caught up to him. At least, that's what I'm believing because once we were down 3-0...I wanted to see someone out there who looked like they cared.

By the way, I noticed after Ozzie was pulled he walked back towards the locker room. You think Chris had a bit of a breakdown before going back to the bench? I imagine he didnt want to snap on the defensemen who left him out to dry tonite.

Word is that Downey has been a bit sore lately and it caught up to him. At least, that's what I'm believing because once we were down 3-0...I wanted to see someone out there who looked like they cared.

By the way, I noticed after Ozzie was pulled he walked back towards the locker room. You think Chris had a bit of a breakdown before going back to the bench? I imagine he didnt want to snap on the defensemen who left him out to dry tonite.

Ozzie was pissed! When he got pulled he went up to the bench, kicked it, and left into the locker room.

Don't look now, but Nashville is one of the league hottest teams. They're on a 9-2-2 run and currently have the 6th playoff seed, and only 3 points out of 5th. This is extremely impressive considering that they were the league's worst team entering December. Alot of the credit has to go to Trotz. He gets a team with a quarter of the talent they had last year and he's still bringing out the best in them. How this guy has not even been nominated for the Adams trophy over the last three years is beyond me, but I think he is definitely the leading man if they get into the playoffs.

**un-jinx**

Well.....

Oz hasn't yet lost a game this Season where the Wings played well in front of him, and he was the sole reason for the loss.

I figure he's got two, maybe three, more "off" games, (with the possibility of one or two of the "my bad" types of games in there), before he gets his head screwed back on straight again.

All the damned personal attention does him in every time. The guy does NOT like having the spotlight focused on him. He prefers to go about his business quietly, without the "Hey! Look at me!" nonsense.

Don't look now, but Nashville is one of the league hottest teams. They're on a 9-2-2 run and currently have the 6th playoff seed, and only 3 points out of 5th. This is extremely impressive considering that they were the league's worst team entering December. Alot of the credit has to go to Trotz. He gets a team with a quarter of the talent they had last year and he's still bringing out the best in them. How this guy has not even been nominated for the Adams trophy over the last three years is beyond me, but I think he is definitely the leading man if they get into the playoffs.

They still had a decent group of players left over from Leopolds fire sale. Erat, Dumont, Arnott, Radulov, Weber (been injured most of the season)to name a few. Trotz probably has done his best job this season, but hard to say if he gets the Jack Adams. Phoenix was horrible, and if they make the playoffs or get close, I think he gets it. They were horrible to say the least. Montreal has been a resurgance this season as well, tradition will be in the writers heads when they consider that one. Nashville gets little exposure around the league , I think they have on Versus appearance, not sure about TSN or Sportsnet, im sure its more than Gretzky's team....Montreal on the other hand is shown throughout Canada all the time.... Will be interesting to see what happens.