• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2008 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

I take it if this is a situation where no runner is on base. With runners on, the pitcher obviously has more to be concerned with than just what pitch to throw.

I doubt it. I imagine throwing to a base counts as a delivery. 15 seconds is really quite a long time.

I doubt it. I imagine throwing to a base counts as a delivery. 15 seconds is really quite a long time.

Doesn't matter if they are on base or not. The umps busted out the stopwatch on whatshisface when the Tigers were playing them in the playoffs last year.

Up until this point, ive really wanted Inge to remain on the team. But now he's continuing to pout through the media, going so far as to already saying any catching will effect his hitting. And how being behind the plate makes him miss 3rd base so much. Im fed up with this baby now, get him the hell out of here. We dont need this crap.

Up until this point, ive really wanted Inge to remain on the team. But now he's continuing to pout through the media, going so far as to already saying any catching will effect his hitting. And how being behind the plate makes him miss 3rd base so much. Im fed up with this baby now, get him the hell out of here. We dont need this crap.

LMAO - did Inge really say that? What "hitting" is he referring to? I suppose the 2000 strikeouts could classify as trying to hit. I never liked Brandon Inge, so him sitting the bench is a treat in itself, but if his whiny rhetoric affects the team, then his ass needs to get shipped out of town.

DD is very restricted on the trade options for Inge though. Other GM's know Inge is trade-bait and that instantly lowers his value, not to mention the massive contract Inge somehow carries. There will be little value coming back in return should the Tigers be able to swing a deal with Inge involved.

Four weeks until Opening Day on the bright side! :thumbup:

Edited by GoWings1905

LMAO - did Inge really say that? What "hitting" is he referring to? I suppose the 2000 strikeouts could classify as trying to hit. I never liked Brandon Inge, so him sitting the bench is a treat in itself, but if his whiny rhetoric affects the team, then his ass needs to get shipped out of town.

DD is very restricted on the trade options for Inge though. Other GM's know Inge is trade-bait and that instantly lowers his value, not to mention the massive contract Inge somehow carries. There will be little value coming back in return should the Tigers be able to swing a deal with Inge involved.

Four weeks until Opening Day on the bright side! :thumbup:

Apparently he has a new stance or something and shortened his swing lol, and oh, what a coincidence he goes hitless when he catches yesterday after batting good in the spring till that point. Mentioned how disappointed he feels when behind the plate...shut the hell up already...christ! I dont even care what we get, i'd rather have somebody like Raburn who's going to give his all no matter where he's at and will be thrilled to be on the team. He's capable of playing 3rd, 2nd, as well as outfield.

Apparently he has a new stance or something and shortened his swing lol, and oh, what a coincidence he goes hitless when he catches yesterday after batting good in the spring till that point. Mentioned how disappointed he feels when behind the plate...shut the hell up already...christ! I dont even care what we get, i'd rather have somebody like Raburn who's going to give his all no matter where he's at and will be thrilled to be on the team. He's capable of playing 3rd, 2nd, as well as outfield.

I agree Lou. Raburn can actually hit too, which makes him way more valuable than Inge. I really hope Raburn finds a spot on the opening day roster.

Inge needs to shut up, and be thankful he got paid 24 million dollars to be a defensive-only starting third baseman. It will be weird to see actual production at the plate from third base this season.

I've always liked Inge, but you got to know your role. It's not like they are replacing him with some young prospect. They are replacing him with an elite player. Inge is a good fielder, and a solid person, but he couldn't hit a beach ball if they threw it off the mound......

I don't get some professional athletes. You are playing on a team that is a favorite to go all the way and all you can do is pout? f***. Pay me 6 million a year and I'll do whatever the hell you want me to. Tell me to ride the pine becauase I would be more than happy to do that on top of the chance of getting a huge ass ring on my finger at the end of the year.

Send Inge to Japan or something. Or just designate him for assignment. Someone would pick him up off the waiver wire.

Edited by dallas27

Guest YzermanForever19

I don't see why we can't just murder him and dump his body in a lake...

I don't get some professional athletes. You are playing on a team that is a favorite to go all the way and all you can do is pout? f***. Pay me 6 million a year and I'll do whatever the hell you want me to. Tell me to ride the pine becauase I would be more than happy to do that on top of the chance of getting a huge ass ring on my finger at the end of the year.

Send Inge to Japan or something. Or just designate him for assignment. Someone would pick him up off the waiver wire.

This is irrelevant. The money doesnt matter to Inge. All he wants to do is play ball. His love is 3B and he wants to play every day. He is the face of the Tigers and gets the shaft when Cabrera comes to town. The reason the Tigers signed him to his contract is because he is a vital ingredient to this team's turnaround. He was there through the 119 losses, he worked his way around the diamond and found his spot at 3rd. He worked his way up to gold glove caliber and his team gets to the World Series. He signed a contract to be the Tigers 3rd baseman for 4 more years. He was comfortable finally that he was a major league starting 3B and had the security of a long term contract. Then all of a sudden your team gives you the heave-ho and you are stuck not playing every day and forced to play another position... one that you havent played in years.

How would you feel? He just wants to play ball.

Edited by rwfan007

This is irrelevant. The money doesnt matter to Inge. All he wants to do is play ball. His love is 3B and he wants to play every day. He is the face of the Tigers and gets the shaft when Cabrera comes to town. The reason the Tigers signed him to his contract is because he is a vital ingredient to this team's turnaround. He was there through the 119 losses, he worked his way around the diamond and found his spot at 3rd. He worked his way up to gold glove caliber and his team gets to the World Series. He signed a contract to be the Tigers 3rd baseman for 4 more years. He was comfortable finally that he was a major league starting 3B and had the security of a long term contract. Then all of a sudden your team gives you the heave-ho and you are stuck not playing every day and forced to play another position... one that you havent played in years.

How is it irrelevant? I don't see how any professional athelte can ***** and moan while they are making MILLIONS of dollars playing a damn game. If Inge wants to take my job at Golfsmith I'm more than happy to switch with him, that would give him something to ***** about.

Read this: http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2008...opportunit.html

After reading that how is what I am saying irrelevant again? The best part was him saying he feels like a .200 hitter at the plate when he catches...you nearly were when you were playing 3rd

Inge was not a vital ingredient nor was he the face of the Tigers, I'm sorry. I love Inge but almost any other 3rd basemen out there could have helped. You can't be hitting .230 in the big leagues, you just can't. No doubt he is better defensively than most 3rd basemen out there but I would have given up some of that up for someone that can hit the ball. Inge has said he realizes it's a business and there is no loyalty in baseball, so I don't see how he can then go ***** and moan about it. Inge can play anywhere and can be extremely useful for the Tigers if he would stop crying like the 16 year olds on that one MTV show that get the Ferrari and not the Lamborghini they wanted.

*edit* He even had his wife go on air and tell everyone the same deal Inge is. That's just bad.

Edited by dallas27

Since October 14th, 2006, Magglio Ordonez is the face of the Detroit Tigers.

Inge can play ball all he wants, but it sure as hell won't be as the starting third baseman for the Tigers. Quit whining Brandon, and learn how to hit the ball if you want to play.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest YzermanForever19

Inge can play ball all he wants, but it sure as hell won't be as the starting third baseman for the Tigers. Quit whining Brandon, and learn how to hit the ball if you want to play.

EXACTLY! :clap:

Something Brandon Inge sure the hell can't do...

Edited by YzermanForever19

My nomination for post of the year. :thumbup:

This whole arguement about Inge is ridiculous. The Tigers have Cabrera, so why the hell would they completely waste and misuse him by giving the job to Inge? That seriously makes no sense to me at all. Who the hell cares if Inge has been here; Cabrera is still better.

I also fail to see how Inge is the "face of the Tigers". He's been here for a while, but how does that make him the face of the team? He's not that good, and he's easily replaceable. Ordonez is probably the face of the Tigers, if they have one.

My nomination for post of the year. :thumbup:

This whole arguement about Inge is ridiculous. The Tigers have Cabrera, so why the hell would they completely waste and misuse him by giving the job to Inge? That seriously makes no sense to me at all. Who the hell cares if Inge has been here; Cabrera is still better.

I also fail to see how Inge is the "face of the Tigers". He's been here for a while, but how does that make him the face of the team? He's not that good, and he's easily replaceable. Ordonez is probably the face of the Tigers, if they have one.

theres two facets to baseball, both are eqally important: offense and defense. Cabrera can hit better, but he sure as hell can't even hold a candle to Inge in the field. Inge got royally shafted by DD. Inge had an off year, just like many other major leaguers do. He is capable of hitting .280-.290, 30 homers and 90 RBIS... as a lower lineup hitter. He hit 28 homers in '06 out of the 9-hole. s***, Andruw Jones hit for a worse average than Inge last year. Inge is going to be a great 3B somewhere, its just a shame that DD didn't give him a fair shot after signing him to that contract.

the closest comparison I can come up with to this whole Inge-Cabrera situation is the summer of 2001 for the Red Wings. They already had a capable goalie in Osgood, however, Dominick Hasek became available and the wings made a move to get him.

no one is saying that Inge is not capable of being the tigers 3rd baseman, they just had a chance to grab one of the best 3rd baseman available. Any GM would make that move.

Guest YzermanForever19
the closest comparison I can come up with to this whole Inge-Cabrera situation is the summer of 2001 for the Red Wings. They already had a capable goalie in Osgood, however, Dominick Hasek became available and the wings made a move to get him.

no one is saying that Inge is not capable of being the tigers 3rd baseman, they just had a chance to grab one of the best 3rd baseman available. Any GM would make that move.

Exactly! Anyone who even thinks Inge has a case here, is sorely in need of some baseball knowledge. Inge's only upside is his defensive ability. Where as his hitting is absolutely atrocious. With Cabrera you get one of the best bats in the game, and mediocre defense. I'll take amazing offense and mediocre defense, over great defense and atrocious offense any day of the week. And so would any other GM in baseball.

Guest YzermanForever19

Nice to finally see some highlights from spring training. It's just unreal how great our lineup is. A lot of my boys basically forgot that we have Jacque Jones! I guess the Renteria/Cabrera/Willis signings overshadowed Jacque a little bit. But wow, to look at this lineup. It's just amazing. Sooo deadly in every single spot.

We are all gonna be very lucky this season. We're gonna get to root on a full on all star team every night. And our pitching rotation isn't too shabby either. As long our pitching holds up, we will be completely unstoppable.

Very pumped for opening day!

Wow first spring game with the projected regular lineup and they had 16 hits. Our worst hitter in Jones is a lifetime .280 hitter. Nobody is safe for pitchers to pitch around. Hopefully we can lock up Caberra and enjoy his hall of fame career in detroit.

Tigers and Cabrera agree to eight-year, $153.3 million deal:

ESPN.com, March 22: Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers reached a preliminary agreement Saturday on an eight-year, $153.3 million contract extension, a source close to Cabrera told ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

Overall, it would become the fourth-richest ever in baseball history. Cabrera would trail Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez ($275 million), Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter ($189 million) and Boston outfielder Manny Ramirez ($160 million).

Wow!

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain
Tigers and Cabrera agree to eight-year, $153.3 million deal:

ESPN.com, March 22: Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers reached a preliminary agreement Saturday on an eight-year, $153.3 million contract extension, a source close to Cabrera told ESPNdeportes.com on condition of anonymity.

Overall, it would become the fourth-richest ever in baseball history. Cabrera would trail Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez ($275 million), Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter ($189 million) and Boston outfielder Manny Ramirez ($160 million).

Wow!

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48931