• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96Homer

2/17 GDT: Stars 1, Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

I haven't watched the last 6 games, maybe that's why we are losing. :ph34r:

(they need me and my lucky hat. :P )

Oh I'm so glad it's you. I was starting to think it was me. I haven't missed a game, which I usually have to do during the week, but I've been sick. I will be missing the Avs tomorrow, which I think will be a good thing.

Maybe between the two of us, we'll get this thing turned around.

Guest hattrick58

Hi all, new to the board. As a lifetime Wings fan living in Ft Worth, TX & married to a Stars fan we make each game the Wings come to town. After some time to digest what I saw yesterday here are some observations from the game:

1) Howard played exceptionally well, had a little trouble handling the puck. I have a great deal of confidence in him. He was Third Star.

2) The Stars had Zetterbeberg covered like a wet blanket. This was expected.

3) Homer was seldom allowed in front of the net and when he was, Dallas had two men on him.

4) I felt Fillpula had a good game, but Dallas never let him out of their sight and was quick to cover him.

5) Our PP was deficient. At one time, the Stars actually had two SOG on the PK.

6) We did not play cohesively, as a unit, a machine.

7) Turco's first career shutout against the Red Wings. He's 2-9-5 against us. I think that speaks for itself.

8) I'm not panicking yet. We've been down this road before and we're experienced.

9) I refuse to make any excuses.

10) GO WINGS!!!

I have some shots from the game and will post them later.

Hattrick

I'm not panicking at all. Every team needs to go through this and I'm glad the Wings are doing it right before the playoffs. They needed some adversity afterall.

But I've realized two things that make my life as a Wings fan less stressful.

1. The Wings allow one bad goal every game. This comes from not having a premier goalie in the past 5 years. Hasek was great for us last spring, but it's hard to dispute that he'd have at least one brain fart a game.

2. The Wings like to pass 10,0000,000000,0000 times before they shoot. How many times have we seen a guy, with the puck in the crease, pass it off to someone who's further away and with a much worse angle. Yesterday was no different. The problem is we only have 2 players that have a shooters mentality - Sammy and Hudler. But Sammy can't hit the broad side of a barn and Huds gets 6 minutes of ice time a game on the 4th line. Zetts, despite having a wealth of goals this year, still likes to pass when he should shoot in certain situations.

The Wings are still a great team, but if you come to accept the above two problems the team has had for the last 5 years, it'll make watching them a lot less stressful. Ce la vie.

Guest hattrick58

You know, as far as I'm concerned, nothing will ever compare to the disatrous '95 finals against the Devils. Even as bad as we were in the '80's won't compare to being swept by NJ. That was a true growing experience for me personally. I actually had dreams about that until my Dad put it into perspective when he told me "It's a business". That helped tremendously, but it still stings a little.

Just get us to the Playoffs!!!

We in 9th seed 4 points back with only one game left in the regular season?

No?

Then everyone needs to quit yer bitchin.... its a losing streak... just like a winning streak, they are bound to end.

Still #1 in our division, still #1 in our Conference still #1 in the NHL.... why all the bitching and doom and gloom?? 8 points ahead of the #2 in the league (and we have played 2 less games also) without getting a point in the last 6 attempts.... lets have some perspective here, no need to go out and kill yourselves.

Edited by OsGOD

We in 9th seed 4 points back with only one game left in the regular season?

No?

Then everyone needs to quit yer bitchin.... its a losing streak... just like a winning streak, they are bound to end.

Still #1 in our division, still #1 in our Conference still #1 in the NHL.... why all the bitching and doom and gloom?? 8 points ahead of the #2 in the league (and we have played 2 less games also) without getting a point in the last 6 attempts.... lets have some perspective here, no need to go out and kill yourselves.

Well some people are taking it a little far, but I dont think you can blame people for being concerned. It is our longest losing streak in 17 years.

Well some people are taking it a little far, but I dont think you can blame people for being concerned. It is our longest losing streak in 17 years.

Its a bit tough to really see the worry when you are 21 points up on the 8th and final playoff seed with only a month and some junk left in the season.

luckily for us we already have 11 points more than we did that season AND we made the playoffs back then... going with inflation of points.. we are still fine and dandy.

Its a bit tough to really see the worry when you are 21 points up on the 8th and final playoff seed with only a month and some junk left in the season.

luckily for us we already have 11 points more than we did that season AND we made the playoffs back then... going with inflation of points.. we are still fine and dandy.

FINE AND DANDY LIKE SOUR CANDY!!!!! ;)