• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

This trade actually made me laugh out loud.

"Sergei Fedorov has just been traded for...Ted Ruth??"

Fedorov is finished guys, let him go out to pasture in Washington.

Edited by Osgood=WIN!

Maybe Murph can take some shifts in between his color commentary

Yeah and if he manages to score, Budd Lynch will say: "Goal scored by hall of fame defenseman, Larry Murphy." I swear, I think Ken Daniels says "Hall of fame defenseman Larry Murphy" every single time he says Murph's name. :hehe:

Marian Hossa, Olli Jokinen, , Jeff Carter, John-Michael Liles, Tom Preissing, Brad Stuart, Ladislav Nagy, Ron Hainsey, Michael Ryder, Miroslav Satan, Bobby Holik, David Vyborny, Mike Peca, Ruslan Fedotenko, Chris Gratton, Marek Malik, Rhett Warrener

Edited by sticknmove

We are in no way stronger then last year. Who is making up for the point production that Lang brought. Rafalski x's out Schneider, but we have NO secondary point production. Hell, Bertuzzi was at least a threat. We are are not much worse, but in no means are we better then we were last year.

Lang was a non-factor for us more often than not. He scored some clutch goals for us, but nothing consistent. And for the record, I was never a hater. But you've got guys like Cleary stepping up more now and I'm really thinking Flip is going to shine in the playoffs this year. Rafalski is an improvement over Schneider. The playoffs are a different game and I really think with more experience which we got last year, guys like Franzen and Cleary and Flip are going to be big for us in the playoffs. Experience counts for far more than you are giving it credit. We saw two very different Red Wings teams between the regular season and the playoffs last year and that's Babcock's game. We're going to see that again. I have little doubt of that.

Again, not saying depth wouldn't hurt, but we're hardly screwed if we don't get it.

If you guys are mad, just think how Toronto fans feel right now. Not going to the playoffs and not getting anything for their UFA's.....sucks to be them.

Not to mention Belak is really a fan favourite...despite the fact he doesnt play much, its not like they got much back, or that he was a big cap hit.

Maybe Murph can take some shifts in between his color commentary

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know I wasn't the only one who got a huge kick out of that :lol:

My mom's a Colorado fan, so she's pretty excited. I'm disappointed thus far.. but we'll see what happens.

You should ask for a trade.