• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

"First off, you'd love to be able to do something with a big impact," Holland said. "But the big moves don't guarantee you're going to win the Stanley Cup. We'd like to do a big move if it fits in with what we're prepared to give.

Ummmm, Hossa does guarantee a Stanley Cup. I read it on a billboard somewhere.

Mccabe isn't going anywhere!!! Damn, the prices keep rising, I don't like!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230551&hubname=

ps. I love what Mccabe thinks. Sundin obviously has the same amount of Brain Cells if they think their not far off from winning the cup! haha

"I don't think we're that far off," McCabe said. "We had a ton of injuries again this year. You guys make this out to be like the worst team in the world. We've battled injuries every year I've been here. "

And the leafs have sucked every year, lol.

Edited by sixer

hopefully that means he is planning a multi team deal involving hossa

Uhh, i definately want Hossa at any cost. Imagine the fear in the other teams eyes. Oh maaaaan. Make that the five musks.

Okay, McCabes comment right there is exactly why people don't like him, and thats exactly why people don't like Toronto.

I hope he doesnt waive his NTC. Keep the own goals in Toronto's net, thanks.

According to a poster (jpfalcon09) at RWC, Campbell wants out of Buffalo.

The poster said that WGR in Buffalo mentioned the Wings offered Kronwall for Campbell and Stafford.

I can't see the Wings doing that, as there's virtually no chance Campbell would re-sign here. Stafford is something that the Wings lack within their system, though.

Edited by ARice89

...there's gonna be a lot of pressure on anyone the Wings may aquire. He's going to be expected to deliver us form our sunk and get us the the SCF's. If we fall short of at least the SCF's this season and the trade will be viewed as a bust...

...so I am going to chime in with my $.02, At Any Cost (not including our top 5) get Hossa, Fedi and the Yeti...

Here's more info from the RWC poster on Campbell:

Buffalo called the Wings first about the deal, wanting it to be Kronner for Campbell straight up. Holland countered by adding Stafford to the mix and the Sabres backed out of the offer.

The guys at WGR were told that the Wings were going to make the move if Campbell was going to agree to a deal with Detroit, but then I think Holland believed a straight up trade wasn't going to benefit them at all.

looks like we will have to wait tell the very last second to see something big go down. I have school tomorrow :( but i will check in class while everyone else is doing "work"

...there's gonna be a lot of pressure on anyone the Wings may aquire. He's going to be expected to deliver us form our sunk and get us the the SCF's. If we fall short of at least the SCF's this season and the trade will be viewed as a bust...

...so I am going to chime in with my $.02, At Any Cost (not including our top 5) get Hossa, Fedi and the Yeti...

Who the hell is Yeti?