• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I'd take Stafford over Kronwall if we could also swing Salei.

But I'm biased and slightly loopy like that. :crazy:

I wouldnt mind the deal in general, as wed have an absolutely sick stock of offense on the back end - maybe even better than Anaheims this year - but Im just saying, the deal would end up being Stafford for Kronwall a straight up. But to be honest, Id do it.

Kronwall for Stafford + Campbell

Hudler for Salei

Sammy for Gratton

Dats - Hank - Homer

Cleary - Flip - Stafford

Hudler - Franzen - Gratton

Maltby - Drapes - Drake

Lids - Lilja

Raffi - Salei

Campbell - Cheli

WOW. But thatd only be for 2 months..

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Blake doesn't want to move, only exception MAYBE to Colorado if anything at all. --TSN, Bob MacKenzie.

http://broadband.tsn.ca/?vid=34179

Hopefully another swing and miss by the Ducks!

Cheers!

esteef

i would not want him on the ducks they already have great defensive depth and hopefully we dont wast anything to get him. All the ducks need if anything is a center. But i dont see ducks doing anything big.

Edited by Duck Guy

I wouldnt mind the deal in general, as wed have an absolutely sick stock of offense on the back end - maybe even better than Anaheims this year - but Im just saying, the deal would end up being Stafford for Kronwall a straight up. But to be honest, Id do it.

Kronwall for Stafford + Campbell

Hudler for Salei

Sammy for Gratton

Dats - Hank - Homer

Cleary - Flip - Stafford

Hudler - Franzen - Gratton

Maltby - Drapes - Drake

Lids - Lilja

Raffi - Salei

Campbell - Cheli

WOW. But thatd only be for 2 months..

Sick. My only problem is with Lilja, but that's a given.

And of course the whole 2 months thing...but that'd be a hell of a short-term push for the Cup.

Sick. My only problem is with Lilja, but that's a given.

And of course the whole 2 months thing...but that'd be a hell of a short-term push for the Cup.

Give poor Lilja a break. He had to be our number 1 D man the other night. How many rosters have a 6th Dman that can pull that off. True we lost, but still. I know he makes some dumb mistakes, (picturing the Selanne give away) but still. I think our problems are deeper than him right now.

I was referring more to him being paired with Lidstrom in that lineup.

I don't hate the guy like a lot of people here do, but I can't say I'm fond of him. He's big, sure, and he can block shots. But if I had a nickel for every time I've yelled something to the effect of "DAMMIT LILJA," I'd have a lot of nickels.

I was referring more to him being paired with Lidstrom in that lineup.

I don't hate the guy like a lot of people here do, but I can't say I'm fond of him. He's big, sure, and he can block shots. But if I had a nickel for every time I've yelled something to the effect of "DAMMIT LILJA," I'd have a lot of nickels.

He wouldnt be getting top pairing minutes, but when you have 3 soft skilled and offensive Dmen as your top 3, then you have to balance them out somehow. I picture Raffi, Lids, Campbell, and Salei holding down the majority of the regular ice time, Lilja and Cheli seeing a ton on the PK, and then Raffi and Lids being the first PP unit with Salei and Campbell ( :yowza: ) being the second.

More like Sammy for Fedotenko....but I still wouldnt mind.

Straight up? No way in hell that trade happens. Fedotenko is far and away a way better player than Samuelsson. He's bigger, more physical, has more scoring potential, and has proven a lot more in his career than Samuelsson has. He's having a good season this year as well.

The only reason that trade happens is if Fedotenko is a UFA this summer, or the Wings catch the Islanders in a classic moment of stupidity, and somehow get him for nothing (ala Samuelsson). I otherwise cannot see that trade going down without someone else being involved, whether that be a Hudler or Lebda type of player, or a prospect.

Straight up? No way in hell that trade happens. Fedotenko is far and away a way better player than Samuelsson. He's bigger, more physical, has more scoring potential, and has proven a lot more in his career than Samuelsson has. He's having a good season this year as well.

The only reason that trade happens is if Fedotenko is a UFA this summer, or the Wings catch the Islanders in a classic moment of stupidity, and somehow get him for nothing (ala Samuelsson). I otherwise cannot see that trade going down without someone else being involved, whether that be a Hudler or Lebda type of player, or a prospect.

But he doesn't have Sammy's stunning good looks and his unshakable confidence in his shot. And most importantly, Fedotenko lacks "team tougness".

:D

He wouldnt be getting top pairing minutes, but when you have 3 soft skilled and offensive Dmen as your top 3, then you have to balance them out somehow. I picture Raffi, Lids, Campbell, and Salei holding down the majority of the regular ice time, Lilja and Cheli seeing a ton on the PK, and then Raffi and Lids being the first PP unit with Salei and Campbell ( :yowza: ) being the second.

Fair enough. Good god that'd be a sweet top 4.

But he doesn't have Sammy's stunning good looks and his unshakable confidence in his shot. And most importantly, Fedotenko lacks "team tougness".

:D

But Samuelsson on the other hand... he brings plenty of that to the table... :P

Gill trade not done. Held out to avoid any injury risks, also has a touch of the flu, though he would've played under normal circumstances.

Don't expect Gill to move until tomorrow, likely Pittsburgh.

Thank Goodness