• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NickA

Sammy and Lebda

Rate this topic

I'm with NFM, let's start a thread for every player and just bash each of them. I have players that bother me, but damn if we don't complain daily about these guys. I wonder if we can go back to 01-02 and see who we bashed then. Every team has players that really shouldn't be in the NHL. We still have the top team in the NHL and hopefully the injuries will be blessings in disguise by building our playoff depth. Let's give these guys a break and start rooting for them instead of bashing them

I'm with NFM, let's start a thread for every player and just bash each of them. I have players that bother me, but damn if we don't complain daily about these guys. I wonder if we can go back to 01-02 and see who we bashed then. Every team has players that really shouldn't be in the NHL. We still have the top team in the NHL and hopefully the injuries will be blessings in disguise by building our playoff depth. Let's give these guys a break and start rooting for them instead of bashing them

That's crazy talk.

Lebda is NOT a great defenseman. He is a bottom-pairing defenseman despite his wheels. If Lebda were as good offensively and defensively as some on here claim he is, he would be a Norris candidate. He's not, and he never will be. He's a decent third-pairing defenseman and that's likely all he will ever be.

100% with you on this one. You know when me and you agree on something its gotta be right!

I wish LGW members whined about players more. We don't do that enough.

Right, because both Samuelsson and Lebda have both played such great hockey lately. They don't deserve the bashing they get, because their both great players that the Wings couldn't survive without, right? :rolleyes:

My three favorites were Dandenault, Fedorov, and Maltby. But then again I never liked any of them.

Can't bash them when they're losing and can't bash them when they're winning. We really need to bring back ties.

You people are a bunch of retards. Lebda is playing a role that he isn't meant to be playing. He's a 4-6 defenseman, and he's playing as a 1st/2nd pair dman right now. When you put a guy with limited ability in so many key situations, he's going to make mistakes. Lebda is no Rafalski/Lidstrom/Kronwall, so stop expecting him to be.

As for Samuelsson, everyone here knows what he is: A soft sniper that doesn't do much of anything else. Stop acting so surprised.

Lebda is playing a role that he isn't meant to be playing. He's a 4-6 defenseman, and he's playing as a 1st/2nd pair dman right now. When you put a guy with limited ability in so many key situations, he's going to make mistakes. Lebda is no Rafalski/Lidstrom/Kronwall, so stop expecting him to be.

I think he's almost like a dear in headlights playing as a top defensemen (especially when he's not paired with a vet d-man to make up for his mistakes). I think he's young and has potential to become solid, but he's not there yet.

You people are a bunch of retards. Lebda is playing a role that he isn't meant to be playing. He's a 4-6 defenseman, and he's playing as a 1st/2nd pair dman right now. When you put a guy with limited ability in so many key situations, he's going to make mistakes. Lebda is no Rafalski/Lidstrom/Kronwall, so stop expecting him to be.

Yes, but the funny thing is, Meech is playing much better than Lebda.

Lebda should be traded.

Meech is playing awesome.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd get short of Sammy, Lebda, Lilja.....and I hate to say it, but Drapes, Holmstrom and Maltby aren't really stepping up and producing much for the team since they are the vets.

Also, the talent that Dats has is awesome, but I'm starting to think he's just an assist expert as I always wish he would score but I'm losing some faith lately. I wish him and Zata would score as we need them more now than ever!

Edited by kherty

Yes, but the funny thing is, Meech is playing much better than Lebda.

Lebda should be traded.

Yeah, exactly. Lebda isn't up to par as a #1-2 defenseman, so we should trade him. Forget that he does a good job in his normal role; he's not as good as Rafalski/Lidstrom (two all-world players,) so we should just dump him!

TRADE EVERYONE, KENNY! LGW'ers WANT A TRADE!!! TRADE YOURSELF, TOO!

Meech is playing awesome.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd get short of Sammy, Lebda, Lilja.....and I hate to say it, but Drapes, Holmstrom and Maltby aren't really stepping up and producing much for the team since they are the vets.

Also, the talent that Dats has is awesome, but I'm starting to think he's just an assist expert as I always wish he would score but I'm losing some faith lately. I wish him and Zata would score as we need them more now than ever!

We're not allowed to say that.

sammy is terrible. That's well-established (although i saw him not screw up a couple times last night, which was encouraging)

Lebda has great potential. He still lacks patience, and seeing one move ahead. Once he gets those he's going to blow your minds. (maybe they should move him to forward to work on his breakaways for a while)

I take it back.

I keep hearing that Meech is playing AWSOME. Compaired to who? the other three rookies? Lilja? Lebda? Isn't he suppose to play better then the rookies? He's on the power play BECAUSE HE HAS TO BE. He's on the PK BECAUSE HE HAS TO BE. But I agree he's playing well and is standing out. But then again there isn't much else right now.

I don't think Lebda is as bad as all that. He is a career 3rd line defenseman and he's playing like I would expect one too.

Sammy on the otherhand turns over the puck too much, gets too many shots blocked and doesn't use his size at ALL. People say that he is being payed for the role he plays but he is also on the point on the second PP. Turning the puck over and making bad passes is a bad thing to have on the PP.

What I don't get is that when you watch Wings away games and stuffs, the commentators for the other teams do not seem to think that Sammy is half as bad as we all know him to be. Won't they often refer to his decent size, and call him things like a "sniper", or even I think one time, a "good goal scorer" (something like that). The fact of the matter is that he is looked at different by outside entities, which leads me to believe that he MIGHT have a LITTTTTTLE bit of trade value, however undeserving it may be. I hope to God that Kenny recognizes this and ships him out somewhere before Tuesday. I would just throw him in to any package he makes, advertise him as a big body who can play defense and has a decent shot (probably not true) and a small contract. .....

Maybe I'd embelish him a bit, too, and say that he does an incomparable magic act under the auspice of Sammy the Stupendous during intermissions to keep the team light, fresh, and entertained. Who wouldn't want a little mid-game magic?!

Excellent idea. I might even take Hatcher for Samuelsson right now. Or just a big, bruising defenseman who can throw bombs.

Flip + pick and prospect for a signed Hossa and we're looking a little better for the playoffs once we get healthy.

Yeah, exactly. Lebda isn't up to par as a #1-2 defenseman, so we should trade him. Forget that he does a good job in his normal role; he's not as good as Rafalski/Lidstrom (two all-world players,) so we should just dump him!

TRADE EVERYONE, KENNY! LGW'ers WANT A TRADE!!! TRADE YOURSELF, TOO!

True, but he got outplayed by Meech!!! How many TO did he got in last 5 games? He brings NOTHING to this team...

Agreed. I have no problem unloading Flip for Hossa. He might be the only available player that I would trade Flip for, but I'd do it easy. I like the idea of having a big bruisr for the back end, either that or a guy with a cannon, because it would be nice to have a decent shot from the point on the 2nd PP. I'm pumped about Ericksson when he develops, because he's got a real blast from the point.