• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Official: McCarty offered a contract.

Rate this topic

Freep courtesy MLive:

General manager Ken Holland said he has extended a one-year deal for the league minimum $475,000 to Darren McCarty (the contract would be prorated for what remains of the season), but McCarty is apparently mulling the offer.

"Any time you get into a contract, it's never as easy as you think it's going to be," Holland said. "If we can't get a contract done, he's free to explore the market."

The Wings were expected to sign Darren McCarty at some point over the next few days, preferably by Monday, because then they can then put him on waivers and assign him to Grand Rapids. If McCarty isn't signed before Monday, at most he could be sent to Grand Rapids on a two-week conditioning stint, probably not enough time considering he just started playing again.

"I think he's earned the opportunity for us to offer him something," Holland said Friday. "Now, we'll see where we go. We're only going to put players out there that we think are going to give us a chance to win."

I can't imagine McCarty wouldn't accept the offer.

Edited by ARice89

D-Mac's back in Hockeytown!

This is such a win/win for the wings.

*checks newspaper* Nope, no sign of snowballs in hell...

Theres no way in hell he is going to say no.

I really hope this is the media putting a spin on things, because Mac has no right to mull that offer. I love Mac more than anyone on this site, but he is in no position to be choosey.

Summed up my thoughts Mac. Surely he can't really be debating whether to accept the offer? What's there to think about?

Man what great news!!!! I am stoked. I am sure mac accepted as soon as he heard! We just have not found that out yet.

I have to agree that Mac probably said yes right when it was offered. I would think that they are just waiting till Monday to officially announce the deal.

That is such great news. I'm glad to see things working out for big D Mac. I hope that he is able to play in the Winged wheel soon. Can't wait to see number 25 out on the ice again.

Guest octopusdank

if mccarty doesnt accept offer i will no longer like him, why the f*** wouldnt he? the only reason i see is greed. the wings gave him another shot and he turns it down?? i hope not, and if he does i hope he breaks his ankle first game back for whatever team

if mccarty doesnt accept offer i will no longer like him, why the f*** wouldnt he? the only reason i see is greed. the wings gave him another shot and he turns it down?? i hope not, and if he does i hope he breaks his ankle first game back for whatever team

If he has an offer for a spot on a team willing to bring him up ASAP instead of towards the end IF he looks like he fits, that could be why. I think he will accept it, but the guy is at the end of his career, trying to get out of debt and rebuild his family. If he turns down the offer for a better choice for his personal scenario I would not hold that against him one bit.

Guest octopusdank
If he has an offer for a spot on a team willing to bring him up ASAP instead of towards the end IF he looks like he fits, that could be why. I think he will accept it, but the guy is at the end of his career, trying to get out of debt and rebuild his family. If he turns down the offer for a better choice for his personal scenario I would not hold that against him one bit.

yeah i guess thats true, i agree too. but all his interviews and stuff, hes like YEAH WINGS i wanna come back, i guess ill just feel let down

yeah i guess thats true, i agree too. but all his interviews and stuff, hes like YEAH WINGS i wanna come back, i guess ill just feel let down

I understand I would too. I have been looking forward to him since this started. He's gotta do whats best for himself...he probably only has this year and at most 1 or 2 more after this left.