• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

We're gonna be unstopable!

Rate this topic

So the Wings have been on possibly the worst streak in the past 20 years for this franchise, deserving to loose some, not deserving to loose others; however you like to see it, but if the organization is smart (which I like to think it is), they should be comparing all these bad bounces and injuries to all the adversity they'll definitely see in the playoffs. It seems to me that if the Wings are going to win a game, they're going to have to earn it, and earn 100% of it. This means winning with insurance goals, and not letting themselves give the opposition a chance (whether they take advantage of it within the rules or otherwise).

I'm looking at tonight's game as a good example of what we can't do in the future. We let San Hose stay in the game with us the entire time, and ultimately it was a bad call that won it, but in the future it can just as easily be a legal goal that decides it. We need to prevent ourselves from even getting in that position to begin with. Instead of being down 2-1 when the bounce happens, we should've been up 2-0. Now I know its easier said than done, but we have a great team. A GREAT team, no matter how many people think otherwise. We're fully capable of going the extra 10% to prevent "bad bounces" from deciding a game, and we'll be in even better shape when our entire team is healthy (especially Chelios, because he loves getting in the refs faces about bad calls). But this means everyone needs to show up to play ie Hudler, Fillpulla Franzen, LILJA, Lebda, etc, and this rough patch is just the event that should teach them (again, if the organization is smart).

Edited by Echolalia

So the Wings have been on possibly the worst streak in the past 20 years for this franchise, deserving to loose some, not deserving to loose others; however you like to see it, but if the organization is smart (which I like to think it is), they should be comparing all these bad bounces and injuries to all the adversity they'll definitely see in the playoffs. It seems to me that if the Wings are going to win a game, they're going to have to earn it, and earn 100% of it. This means winning with insurance goals, and not letting themselves give the opposition a chance (whether they take advantage of it within the rules or otherwise).

I'm looking at tonight's game as a good example of what we can't do in the future. We let San Hose stay in the game with us the entire time, and ultimately it was a bad call that won it, but in the future it can just as easily be a legal goal that decides it. We need to prevent ourselves from even getting in that position to begin with. Instead of being down 2-1 when the bounce happens, we should've been up 2-0. Now I know its easier said than done, but we have a great team. A GREAT team, no matter how many people think otherwise. We're fully capable of going the extra 10% to prevent "bad bounces" from deciding a game, and we'll be in even better shape when our entire team is healthy (especially Chelios, because he loves getting in the refs faces about bad calls). But this means everyone needs to show up to play ie Hudler, Fillpulla Franzen, LILJA, Lebda, etc, and this rough patch is just the event that should teach them (again, if the organization is smart).

I appreciate the positivity but I don't know that it holds much water. Playoff games are won and lost (most of the time) by ugly one goal games. If we can't win them now, we won't be able to then either. I'm not pushing the panic button but we need to find a way to win these s***ty games, more so in the playoffs than now, but these type of games will keep coming in April, May, and June

Guest LivingtheDream

I salute your positive outlook! It will probably get you through a lot in life. As for getting you through this season? Maybe, but don't give up!

I said this many many times today but I'll say it again : we are still the best team when everyone comes back

During this horrific injury stretch, I think we are finding out what we are really made of. I mean I've never knew how great each of our D men were until we had all of them shelved. Watching Kronner comes back tonight and immeditely stabilizing our whole team really made me appreciate our D.

Edited by Yemack

I'm not trying to be optimistic or anything, more or less I'm trying to say that we aren't playing as well as we should be (something we all know, already), but tonight I think its fair to say we outplayed the opposition anyway (and a couple nights in the playoffs last year, also) but still lost. Unfortunately the better team doesn't always win, and we need to take a lesson and learn to prevent ourselves from getting into a position to where the opposition can win on a single lucky shot. In the end its just going to come down to hard work, and its going to be everyone's hard work.

Also the 'we're going to be unstopable!' is sarcastic; I'm beginning to think that people aren't reading it that way.

Hold it..........

So you're saying that it would be better for us to take big leads in games and then not let the other team get back in it???? Interesting..

I think you might just have something there. :yowza:

Sorry, I don't mean to rag on you, but doesn't that kind of go without saying?? I think that is why we are losing so much right now. I mean, when was the last time that we scored the first goal in a game, it feels like forever. Right now, for a plethora of reasons, this team is just not playing good enough to win games, let alone put them away decisively, and this is something that HAS to be worked out by the team. I just pray to God that we can work it out in time for the playoffs.

Other than that, I love your attitude, and I know for a fact that this team has the killer instinct in there somewhere. I mean, didn't this team, healthy, beat San Jo-*** like 5-2 a couple months ago (feels like years ago)??

I said this many many times today but I'll say it again : we are still the best team when everyone comes back

During this horrific injury stretch, I think we are finding out what we are really made of. I mean I've never knew how great each of our D men were until we had all of them shelved. Watching Kronner comes back tonight and immeditely stabilizing our whole team really made me appreciate our D.

I hope not, because there are too many players, goalies included, who are showing me that they can't play through any adversity whatsoever.

I hope not, because there are too many players, goalies included, who are showing me that they can't play through any adversity whatsoever.

Last couple games our players did try but we just didn't have enough talents to win some hockey games.

Do you think Ducks will be able to fare any better without Pronger and Nidermayer? I don't care how tough those Ducks are or how mighty their offense is but we will own them so easy it wouldn't even be funny.

Edited by Yemack

Hold it..........

So you're saying that it would be better for us to take big leads in games and then not let the other team get back in it???? Interesting..

I think you might just have something there. :yowza:

That's exactly what I'm saying actually, and as simple and stupid as it sounds. The Wings played to win tonight, and they definitely played better than San Hose, but they didn't play to completely slaughter them. We didn't have that killer instinct for 60 minutes, and we haven't for a single game this month. Thats going to be key when the games start to matter, and we need to wise up and see that every game needs to be taken seriously for the entire duration, by every player, or we're already giving the other team a chance. When we're on the ball we are the best team in the league. Say whatever you want about all the trades that happened yadda yadda, but we definitely have what it takes. We just aren't using it.

Edited by Echolalia

Last couple games our players did try but we just didn't have enough talents to win some hockey games.

Do you think Ducks will be able to fare any better without Pronger and Nidermayer? I don't care how tough those Ducks are but they will not even hold candle against us with both of them out.

Definitely without Pronger, as we painstakenly found out last year. I understand that the injuries are downright ridiculous right now, but there are a lot of players who were counted on before the season that are playing poorly, many of which should have been dealt at the deadline. I'm not even going to mention who they are, because everyone knows who I'm talking about. If those guys are only going to play well when Lidstrom and Rafalski are back there carrying them, then that doesn't reflect well on those players.

Definitely without Pronger, as we painstakenly found out last year. I understand that the injuries are downright ridiculous right now, but there are a lot of players who were counted on before the season that are playing poorly, many of which should have been dealt at the deadline. I'm not even going to mention who they are, because everyone knows who I'm talking about. If those guys are only going to play well when Lidstrom and Rafalski are back there carrying them, then that doesn't reflect well on those players.

yes that's exactly what I meant by 'what we are made of'. I hope this recent stretch plays a part in players negotiatoin this spring.

Edited by Yemack

That's exactly what I'm saying actually, and as simple and stupid as it sounds. The Wings played to win tonight, and they definitely played better than San Hose, but they didn't play to completely slaughter them. We didn't have that killer instinct for 60 minutes, and we haven't for a single game this month. Thats going to be key when the games start to matter, and we need to wise up and see that every game needs to be taken seriously for the entire duration, by every player, or we're already giving the other team a chance. When we're on the ball we are the best team in the league. Say whatever you want about all the trades that happened yadda yadda, but we definitely have what it takes. We just aren't using it.

Ya, I definitely see and like what you're saying. But right now, and I'm sure you feel the same way, I just want to see a win. I don't care how they do it, as long as they do it. What seems the most unsettling thing about this streak is that, I mean, even s***ty teams like LA or T-Bay manage to win what, 4 games out of every 11 they play? And we, the Detroit Red Wings (and I've know there have been injuries upon injuries) have only been able to win one!! JUST GET A WIN, GET A LITTLE CONFIDENCE, AND JUST LET IT SNOWBALL. That way, by playoff time, we can get back that killer instinct that we were destroying everyone with in the first 4 months of the season.

You know what, I'm pretty sure I'm not arguing what you said, just using your point as a jumping off point for my own. I'm probably actually agreeing with what you say, all the while thinking I'm arguing with you...I'm so confused. :hehe::hehe:

I salute your positive outlook! It will probably get you through a lot in life. As for getting you through this season? Maybe, but don't give up!

post more..

i like your avvy

Your definitely not lying here. I mean, look at Malkin in Pissburgh. His boy Siddy went down, and everyone thought he was gonna have a tougher time because teams could zero in more on him. But, look at what he did!

When your big boys go down, you wanna see the other guys step it up in their sted. That's not happening right now, and, say what you will, that is somewhat concerning.

Usually when the team is on a losing streak it hits rock bottom when they lose like they did tonight. I bet next game things turn around. I think this was the final straw, come on. A goal that shouldn't even be a goal and only stood because it's not a reviewable incident, and 8 eyeballs didn't see the damn thing? COME ON.

I bet it turns around now. That was rock bottom.

THANK YOU

our slump started with only minus Cleary. I dunno if we can regain ourselves at this point....

You're kidding yourself if you actually think that.

I have nothing to disagree with you about but I have never understand this we stuff .I have been watching Detroit red wing hockey since about 1970 and only then have I see them play so poorly.The bounces have to start coming there way they're just to good for this.

I cant wait till the wings get off this slump and start winning again, and then we will see all the ones who have been bitching at Kenny and the team come back and pretend they have always been the #1 wings fan. Its just cause soo many people are frustrated at the wings that they think it will never be the same......It just takes patience

But serouisly guys, for all the ones who say its doom and gloom for the Wings, and how they need secondary scoring are just being obnoxious and dumb...

Things WILL turn around in the future, it always does, and sooner rather then later considering most of them are getting off the IR list.

And for most of the season Wings were leading in Goals for! Sure alot came from Z-dawg, and Dats but defiantly not all 207 goals....

So I'm sure I'm gonna get bitched on of those fans who are angry right now, especially the ones who didn't get their secondary scoring guy last Tuesday, but one things turn around, which will happen, I want you to remember SUPERMAN54, and what he said!

GO WINGS GO!!!

To mimic a quote similar to what the Superfans said from the Old Saturday Night Live days...

The Red Wings will beat the Buffalo Sabres next game 65-0, however Zetterberg will be held to under 35 goals and Chris Osgood (or Dominik Hasek) will only make 3 saves. :P

Just trying to keep with the theme of the thread here. ;)

To mimic a quote similar to what the Superfans said from the Old Saturday Night Live days...

The Red Wings will beat the Buffalo Sabres next game 65-0, however Zetterberg will be held to under 35 goals and Chris Osgood (or Dominik Hasek) will only make 3 saves. :P

Just trying to keep with the theme of the thread here. ;)

:P:thumbup: I hope it happens. but the Wings have to start winning some soon, everything has its ups and downs and right now the only place for the Wings to go is up, so its gotta happen!

Well I understand your opinion and optimism on the topic of adversity, but I like to think that our team culture over the last 20 years has taught our players, new and old, that they should play to win regardless of the last time that they lost.

There is enough adversity in the playoffs to make my year personally, we don't need to squeak into the tournament (not that we're even close to that point) to be successful.

The media loves to hype up the Cinderella story teams year after year, like Edmonton when they only lost a couple games in March barely making the 8th seed and beat us in the first round and went to the finals etc, etc. But I think that if you're motivated by losing then you don't belong in Detroit, you should be driven to win regardless and not be pressured into doing it.

Right now this team is just dealing with bad breaks, the quarterback of our puck control system, our team captain, and best player is the league is injured, granted we've got Kronner back, and Meetch and Ericsson have looked good, but we will see a return to grace come in direct correlation with the return of the rest of our top 4 D.

Having said that, our secondary scoring has been nonexistant the last month which is killing us, Z and Dats can't do it all, and I was happy to see Samuelsson and Flip step up the last couple games. Cleary's return will be huge etc, etc, but we all already know all this.

Tough luck is tough luck, not much you can do but wait it out. Its only a matter of time, we get healthy and we'll be winning again,