• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I found this in the Nashville board and just had to laugh...

Another Chelios visit: Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios set an NHL record by playing in his 248th playoff game on Saturday, but it's unlikely that will earn him a warm response in Nashville, where he is far from a fan favorite.

"He enjoys warmups there,'' Babcock said. "I don't even know if he gets warmed up, he just exercises his jaw."

from: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl.../804140344/1028

^ i cant wait to hear the anti - Cheli chants going on tonight at nashville, theyre just so incredibly immature i cant help but laugh. hope he gets the game winner.

Cheli's laughing, too. Maybe the fans will learn about kharma and blabbering and trash talk, the same way Zanon did.

Still laughing, here, about that one. "Deflection, deflection!!!"

Idiot. :rolleyes:

"Babcock plans on splitting Datsyuk and Zetterberg, to create matchup problems."

April Fools? If we start having serious issues then this needs to be reverted :unsure:

Oh come on now, this is a good thing when you think about it.

Nashville is going to be working on stopping Datsyuk and Zetterberg... so Babs makes a tiny switch and the Preds won't know what hit them. Anyways, if it doesn't work out Babcock is one of the smartest coaches in the league... I'm sure he'll figure out to switch it back.

Honestly though, you can't rely on one line to fly you through the playoffs though.

^ i cant wait to hear the anti - Cheli chants going on tonight at nashville, theyre just so incredibly immature i cant help but laugh. hope he gets the game winner.

Yeah :D

hopefully we'll see something like this after the game :lol:

I'm expecting a lot of "average" play from Hasek tonight, also Nashville will continue to score with their unequaled epitome of grace and skill, as they have the past 2 games in the series. We meanwhile will eek of another "lucky" victory were the officiating will clearly be in our favor giving us a huge lift. I expect the refs to steal at least 3 goals from Nashville tonight, while placing a couple pucks behind Ellis while no one's looking as well.

Our game plan should be to use our "luck" to out-shoot, out-hit, dominate the face-off circle, puck possession, and the takeaway department as we have so far this series. Why they continue to skillfully shoot from the perimeter yielding few to zero second chance scoring opportunities, screw up their transition game giving them several offsides calls, and will once again use their superior strategy to cough up turn overs in their defensive zone.

I know it'll be an uphill battle from the start but with the refs on our side we should steal yet another one to make it the series 3-0. Wings 2, Preds 1 (Or Wings 0, Preds 7 in Pierre Maguire land.)

Cheli's laughing, too. Maybe the fans will learn about kharma and blabbering and trash talk, the same way Zanon did.

Still laughing, here, about that one. "Deflection, deflection!!!"

Idiot. :rolleyes:

:lol: I wish I could have heard all the s*** he had to put up with for that haha... classic...

OH yeah can't wait. Finally a game that i should get to see start to finish.

I'm predicting 4 (Dats, Cleary, Zetters, and Franzen) - 2 (who cares)

I'm also predicting a fight with our boy Dmac and the Tootoo.

Yeah :D

hopefully we'll see something like this after the game :lol:

I can't believe how much i hated him when he was blackhawk. I love him now. So glad he is a wing and i hope that he plays a great game so that we can see a reenactment of this video.

I know it'll be an uphill battle from the start but with the refs on our side we should steal yet another one to make it the series 3-0. Wings 2, Preds 1 (Or Wings 0, Preds 7 in Pierre Maguire land.)

:lol: Man that is hilarious... hahahahahahahhahahaa.. I can't stop grinning.

...And now for a more serious analysis of the game:

I can't honestly see us sweeping Nashville, win it in 6 sure, but I'll stand by my original prediction of 5 I made the moment our match up became official. However i feel the game they'll most likely win will be game 4, when their backs are officially against the wall.

I see Nashville dominating the first period of this game and unlike last game actually scoring though I feel they might find themselves prone to taking some very bad penalties. They've done so before and now they'll be at home, further adding to this sense of invulnerability would be Trotz trying to convince everyone the Predator's are owed something. I expect to hear heavy boo's, and also if there is going to be any fight in this series it'll happen tonight even if it's one of s***bag (Tootoo) suspension worthy surprise attacks he seems so fond of. He's a chicken hawk but I feel being at home might give him the boost needed to actually challenge someone.

A lot of tonight will fringe on our power play. If we can escape the first period with a tie we'll win for sure, and in the early goings during Nashville's supernova-styled offensive attack it may be our best chance to secure scoring early on. My biggest fear is that the refs will swallow their whistles and the Preds can plateau the skill level after capitalizing on what could be an early goal during their surge.

All and all I predict a 3-2 OT victory for the Wings, Franzenstein with an ugly game winner.

Edited by Vincanni

Oh goody....we get to hear the toothless chant of "you Suck"......can't wait....Wings are going to silence the crowd tonight! I think Preds will play a more physical & open game...they smell the end is near! Go Wings 5-2!

Guest Crymson

It appears that any pre-playoff doubts of Hasek's goaltending have rightfully disappeared. Way to go, Dom!

im going to miss tonights game. this upsets me a great deal. BUT! i do have a pretty good reason! im going to see the sens get their asses handed to them by sid and gino!!! hopefully alfredsson isnt playing tonight! and obviously ill be rocking my yzerman jersey at the game so we should be just fine.

GO WINGS GO!

Oh goody....we get to hear the toothless chant of "you Suck"......can't wait....Wings are going to silence the crowd tonight! I think Preds will play a more physical & open game...they smell the end is near! Go Wings 5-2!

Laughed out loud at that one...

I'm expecting a lot of "average" play from Hasek tonight, also Nashville will continue to score with their unequaled epitome of grace and skill, as they have the past 2 games in the series. We meanwhile will eek of another "lucky" victory were the officiating will clearly be in our favor giving us a huge lift. I expect the refs to steal at least 3 goals from Nashville tonight, while placing a couple pucks behind Ellis while no one's looking as well.

Our game plan should be to use our "luck" to out-shoot, out-hit, dominate the face-off circle, puck possession, and the takeaway department as we have so far this series. Why they continue to skillfully shoot from the perimeter yielding few to zero second chance scoring opportunities, screw up their transition game giving them several offsides calls, and will once again use their superior strategy to cough up turn overs in their defensive zone.

nice. very funny. :thumbup:

haha...i'm expecting a 2-1 or maybe a 3-2 win tonight. i'm pulling for flipper and rex to break out--goal and an assist each.