• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Can/Should the Wings Sweep Colorado?

Rate this topic

If you count the regular season (which I know is competely different than the post-season), we've now beat the Avs 6 times in a row.

I honestly don't think Forsberg will be able to save them. So he gets 1 goal and an assist. So what? We have any number of players that can do that if they need to step up (and I think they will).

The only thing that bothers me about this game is the time...the Wings might be a bit tired but hopefully since they had a few days off they are acclimated to the time change.

Got to tell you, last night was the game they were going to win, their game wreaked of desperation. They were playing every shift like it was their last, which soon one will be.

I have a hard time seeing them do much in this series with the injuries depleting them day by day, they got Floppa back and lost 2 other guys in the process.

They threw everything they had at the wings, and to tell you the truth the game could have easily been 6-3 (Huds, Flip meet the iron!).

Detroit owns Col (at least this season!) and I really don't see how much is going to change. Ozzie played great, the goals weren't really his fault, IMO, and like Engblom said after the game, when ZDH want to play keep away for the last 5 minutes, they can.

Did anyone else notice in the last 5 minute Hank and Dats were out there double shifting, Cleary would be on their wing, then Homer, they would go off the ice, come back a shift later with Homer and then he would leave for Sammy.

Those two played close to 4 of the last 5 minutes of the game. Defensively this team (when it doesn't sit back) is better than any team in the league.

I hate Keith Jones btw, mainly for the fact that after Engblom was talking about the clinic DET put on COL, he instantly started talking about how brave Floppa is. And that he should have had a PS and that would have changed the game. BULL s***, Kronwall (I think ) got either stick or puck before his stick went into Floppa skate/shin pad. NO TRIP and the Ref was calling it instantly and he was about 12 feet from the play!! GRRRRR I hate TV analysts!!

Edited by Opie

I've got tickets to game 5!!!!!!!!!! I hate to say it, but I need the Avs to win game 4. So keep them brooms in the closet. So I can watch them wrap up the series at home. Thats what I'm pulling for. I know selfish, but I just can't help it.

sorry, couldn't care less for those that have game five tickets, if the wings close it out the sooner the better. Just use the money for round 3.

I've got tickets to game 5!!!!!!!!!! I hate to say it, but I need the Avs to win game 4. So keep them brooms in the closet. So I can watch them wrap up the series at home. Thats what I'm pulling for. I know selfish, but I just can't help it.

Watch your mouth!!! :ranting:

sorry, couldn't care less for those that have game five tickets, if the wings close it out the sooner the better. Just use the money for round 3.

QFT....and I've said that before.

You never wish your opponent to win even a single game in your series. One win can turn in to two, and it can snowball from there. Not to mention you're endangering your starters by making them play an extra 60 minutes if not more. Not worth the risk, even with the chance of your team being slightly rusty the following round.

Edit: (Tori) Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I would like to see it go 5 games just because I think the team will have less rust on them for the next round. Plus the more games Cleary can play the better he will get, he is trying to rebuild his body and his touch all while playing. A long layoff could cost the Wings some of the Flow that is making them so dangerous.

However if both Det and Dal sweep I think it is a moot point!

Edited by Opie

QFT....and I've said that before.

You never wish your opponent to win even a single game in your series. One win can turn in to two, and it can snowball from there. Not to mention you're endangering your starters by making them play an extra 60 minutes if not more. Not worth the risk, even with the chance of your team being slightly rusty the following round.

Edit: (Tori) Spelling

Exactly. Even the suggestion the Wings throw a game ("should") is dangerous. I've been on both sides of that situation in competitive sports. Tried to extend a volleyball game to try some new plays - other team caught on, got pissed and we barely hung on to win. Had another team do the same to us and we kicked their ass.

You play hard all game every game. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains. Think about it.

wow, at the beginning of the series i would have thought there's no way they would sweep them.

with hindsight it's obvious that they are in severe ass-kicking zone.

yeah. as much as i want dallas to get worn out, i want to play them. now.

we are on fire.

KEEP IT GOIN :siren:

Guest GordieSid&Ted
yeah. as much as i want dallas to get worn out, i want to play them. now.

we are on fire.

KEEP IT GOIN :siren:

Let this be a lesson to you all that even GST's hunches are always correct! :)