• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Packer487

Where the hell does Forsberg get off.....

Rate this topic

Dater is right about the officiating; it was terrible. I thought it was the worst I've seen so far in the playoffs this year. And yes, Sammy is prone to diving, and may have been trying to draw a call on the contact with Forsberg even before the stick clipped him in the mouth. But that being said, you can only embellish having a tooth knocked out so much.

As for Forsberg, it's laughable that he's the one calling Sammy out. It's like Chelios calling someone old. Forsberg is a stooge. The whole lead-up to his "comeback" was hard to stomach. "I'm retired. No I'm not. Wait, yes I am. Kidding! Not really. No, wait." Nothing would be more satisfying for me than seeing the Wings close this series out and send that uneven-legged, no-spleen-having diva back to Sweden.

:lol:

It was especially hilarious how those idiot fans went into a frenzy each time he got the puck, as if he was going to take over the game like no one has done since Bobby Orr. :lol:

Instead, his only contribution to the game were those stupid penalties that he picked up. I guess in the end he did make a difference after all. For the other team, that is.

Hahaha, every time he was on the ice they pretty much creamed their shorts.

Yeah, this is coming from FLOPPA Forsberg. We all know why he was labeled FLOPPA. It wasn't for his amazing stick handling ability. Forsberg dives as much as he is hurt. What a maroon!

All of this I blame on poor officiating and the fact that when a dive is called, they call both penalties. Which to me is an oxymoron, if a guy is diving to get a penalty, and he is caught, how on earth is the hook or whatever still a penalty?

I really don't understand why so many are confused with this. If a guy hooks a player, it should be a penalty, regardless. If a player takes a dive, the guy putting out his stick will complain, but why is he putting out his stick to hook in the first place? Hooking a player is a penalty, if the player getting hooks decides he is going to embellish it he may get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty. The fact that a player embellishes or dives does not eliminate the fact that the other player actually commited a penalty.

Only if he picks them up and swings them around.

"We had some good chances but........Oh My God, HERE COMES A BREEZE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Forsberg left the interview with a sprained knee and a broken collarbone.

"Hi kettle...this is Peter....you dive"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is so full of win. I've been cracking up the whole time.

After watching the replay, its worse than I originally thought. Forsberg had his stick steady and under control. There was no reason to swing his stick in that direction. I think it was intentional. Loved Redmond calling him an idiot.

And where's the ******* respect for the game. I never sold a call in my entire life. I was taught that you stay on your goddamned feet no matter what and the rest will take care of itself. This falling on your ass when somebody grazes you makes me want to vomit.

Yeah, I barely ever get knocked down so when I do the refs look at it more closely b/c they know we don't dive. In my last game (our championship game, which we won, BTW) a guy started shoving/punching me in their crease and I shoved him back even though I almost tripped over their goalie. I never fell down and he went to the box for 2 minutes.

I didn't need to dive and we got a goal off the power play. That's the way it should be. Screw embellishing.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Yeah, I barely ever get knocked down so when I do the refs look at it more closely b/c they know we don't dive. In my last game (our championship game, which we won, BTW) a guy started shoving/punching me in their crease and I shoved him back even though I almost tripped over their goalie. I never fell down and he went to the box for 2 minutes.

I didn't need to dive and we got a goal off the power play. That's the way it should be. Screw embellishing.

As a dman its a pretty bad move to go down anywhere on the ice so it just made sense to never embellish a call b/c if you don't get the call now you're really in trouble laying there on your can. I can see why forwards try it but it just enrages the heck out of me.

One thing I did learn over the years though was if a guy ever pulled a BS call on me or flopped b/c I bumped him or whatever, I always made sure I tried to hurt him a little at some point.

If a guy toppled over sometimes I would act like I got tripped up on him and would just fall on the guy with my stick out and just ram it down on them as I was falling or later in the game I would two hand the s*** out of the guy somewhere low on the legs and I mean hard. I still use a hefty wooden stick so when I bring the hammer down guys fall to the ice for good reason. Usually I would get the "WTF was that for" and I'll just tell them to stay on their ******* feet next time or i'll give them a reason to fall to the ice again. Works pretty well, especially when you get away with the slashes.

People who say that Forsberg barely hit him are stupid. You don't knock someones teeth out by barely hitting them.

You're kidding right, you mean like when I hit my teeth with my coffee cup on the first sip every morning because, well, it is the first sip and I haven't had any coffee yet!!

/sarcasm

But in all seriousness you have to pop a guy pretty good to knock out a tooth.

I still use a hefty wooden stick so when I bring the hammer down guys fall to the ice for good reason. Usually I would get the "WTF was that for" and I'll just tell them to stay on their ******* feet next time or i'll give them a reason to fall to the ice again. Works pretty well, especially when you get away with the slashes.

Yeah, I'm a big guy so my stick is a 110 I think, it's pretty darn stiff and I play Holmstrom's role so I get slashed a lot. They don't get called on it much, but you better believe that if they send the puck out of the zone I'm two-handing the guy on my way out. You don't wanna slash me because last time I got really pissed at getting slashed I slashed the guy back so hard I broke his stick. Man was he pissed, but I just said don't slash me in the back of the leg, coward! Well, I said a few 4-letter words as well, lol. I really wish I played in a checking league, that would be a lot more fun.

Screw Fairy Forsberg...he's done.

watched the replay. yeah, i think sammy flailed a little, but it's hard to say whether that's just an instinct or a conscious move. i think when you watch replays in slow motion, you can often tell when somebody is selling it because there's a delay between the action and the reaction that may go unnoticed at real-life speed. however, IMO, watching the replay i didn't see this.

additionally, forsberg's stick was parallel to the ice and not moving latterally. if anything it was moving up and down. then suddently, it swings right into the face of sammy. now, i do think that in most cases it's impossible to judge intent. but, if by watching that replay, you're going to argue that sammy had the "intent" of diving, then you don't have a leg to stand on if someone is arguing that 'berg intended to hit him in the face.

if, on the other hand, you say that you KNOW sammy wasn't diving, then it's impossible to argue that you KNOW forsberg "intended" to hit him. that being the case, four-minute penalty, wings score, wings win. that's enough justice for me.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
People who say that Forsberg barely hit him are stupid. You don't knock someones teeth out by barely hitting them.

I don't think i'm stupid so blow me.

Now that that's out of the way. The "hard" ness we are talking about is all relative. You have to keep in mind a couple of things.

Forsberg said he didn't even realize he hit him. When I watched the replay initially I thought he didn't hit him either but obviously he did.

When you don't have control of your stick often times you can ding somebody without realizing you actually hit them.

I got hit once on the bottom lip and opened up for 5 stitches. I didn't even realize I was cut and the guy who hit me had no idea he even caught me with his stick. I wouldn't say he hit me hard by any stretch of the imagination but it was enough to drive my lip into my teeth and split it in two.

How hard he hit him is all relative. I didn't thing he hit him that hard. You want to see somebody get hit hard with a stick, watch Gary Suter drill Paul Kariya in the head. That's hitting somebody hard with a stick. Or check out the clip of Ray Emery tomahawking Maxim Lapierre in the mouth. The swing Emery laid on Lapierre was IMO harder than what Forsberg did and I don't believe Lapierre was injured near as bad as Sammy was.

It was a glancing blow that unfortunately struck the right spot and popped sammy's chompers. It wasn't McSorely on Brashear. The guy doesn't think he hit him that hard and I agree with him.

The word suspension hasn't been used too much in this thread of which I think it should. That was an intentional slash/cross check to face that caused an injury. It was the first thing that crossed my mind after that happened.

The word suspension hasn't been used too much in this thread of which I think it should. That was an intentional slash/cross check to face that caused an injury. It was the first thing that crossed my mind after that happened.

The second thing to cross your mind should have been the phrase "Double Standard" there is no way the NHL suspends Floppa for anything short of decapitating a man! Sure I exaggerate a little, but there is no way the league hammers him with anything.

Now if Lappy had done it, due to his reputation, he may have, may have gotten some look at from the league, but it is playoff hockey and it will take a lot to get some one suspended especially a star!

A lot of good a suspension would do Forsberg anyway. His groin will probably suspend him next game and after that he'll be having his annual NHL retirement party.

He whacked him pretty good. I wonder if Sammy will get fined for losing his teeth on the ice?

he definately should get a $10,000 fine, his matter could have gotten in the other players' eyes and incited the fans.

ha, what a joke.

i was laughing hysterically by the end of the first page of posts.

I don't think i'm stupid so blow me.

Now that that's out of the way. The "hard" ness we are talking about is all relative. You have to keep in mind a couple of things.

Forsberg said he didn't even realize he hit him. When I watched the replay initially I thought he didn't hit him either but obviously he did.

When you don't have control of your stick often times you can ding somebody without realizing you actually hit them.

I got hit once on the bottom lip and opened up for 5 stitches. I didn't even realize I was cut and the guy who hit me had no idea he even caught me with his stick. I wouldn't say he hit me hard by any stretch of the imagination but it was enough to drive my lip into my teeth and split it in two.

How hard he hit him is all relative. I didn't thing he hit him that hard. You want to see somebody get hit hard with a stick, watch Gary Suter drill Paul Kariya in the head. That's hitting somebody hard with a stick. Or check out the clip of Ray Emery tomahawking Maxim Lapierre in the mouth. The swing Emery laid on Lapierre was IMO harder than what Forsberg did and I don't believe Lapierre was injured near as bad as Sammy was.

It was a glancing blow that unfortunately struck the right spot and popped sammy's chompers. It wasn't McSorely on Brashear. The guy doesn't think he hit him that hard and I agree with him.

There was no need for you to directly attack me. My post was not "GordieSid&Ted: If you think that...". Regardless, Forsberg clearly hit him hard enough to knock out his teeth... and that's definitely not a tap. Whether or not Samuelsson "embellished" or "sold the call", he hit Samuelsson hard enough to knock a tooth out.

Looked like he sold it, but he knocked out his tooth so....

I hate Forsberg, I hate listening to people praise him, I hate how he plays tough but is actually a huge puss, I hate how he can have the gall to come out and say that another player sold a call. The whole Avalanche team dive everytime theres a stick put on there feet, it pisses me off.