• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Maltby vs Mac or Drake

Rate this topic

I've liked Mac's play, and I've been relatively pleased with Drake's play, but its a tough decision to figure out who to sit. I'm ok with it being Maltby, but what do the rest of you think? I'd put Drake and Malts at a push, with Drake being a little slower, but maybe a tad more physical than Malts. Thoughts?

I think Mac brings an essence of leadership to the team, while Drake has something to prove. Malts is a good penalty killer but he doesn't do much more. He agitates now and then but anyone of us here can make a "yo momma" joke. In reality, the lineup is fine and I'm not surprised Malts is out, esp with the play of Helm.

I'm not surprised. No reason to change a good thing. The current lineup has won six games in a row, so unless things turn for the worse, I doubt we see any changes. Hudler/Helm/Mac have played really well on the fourth line, and seem to have some chemistry together.

I would love to see Maltby play again, just because he has been a Red Wing for so long, and deserves to be a part of this playoff run. However, I understand why Babcock and the coaching staff are keeping the lineup as is.

Mac and Drake are grinders, whuile malts used to be, he just isn't any more. Why would we take grit out of the lineup to let him play when 90% of the time, he doesn't really do a whole lot? Like a poster before said, If it ain't brole, don't fix it.

We're definitely going to need Dallas Drake in the lineup. He's playing good hockey, and we will need his physicality. I like his kamikaze instinct.

On a side note... I do miss Downey. Not that I think he should be in the lineup over anyone else at this point (unless we suffer injuries), but I feel bad for the guy. Hopefully, he's back next year cause we need him.

I've liked Mac's play, and I've been relatively pleased with Drake's play, but its a tough decision to figure out who to sit. I'm ok with it being Maltby, but what do the rest of you think? I'd put Drake and Malts at a push, with Drake being a little slower, but maybe a tad more physical than Malts. Thoughts?

i'd maybe even sit mccarty over maltby because "you've gotta love the drake" right now. he is finally playing the way the wings wanted when they picked him up. he is hitting everything that moves and has thrown some big ones.

right now though i agree with babcock. DONT MESS WITH SUCCESS. it saddens me to know that maltby is sitting because i remember him playing pretty well last year in the playoffs.

We're definitely going to need Dallas Drake in the lineup. He's playing good hockey, and we will need his physicality. I like his kamikaze instinct.

On a side note... I do miss Downey. Not that I think he should be in the lineup over anyone else at this point (unless we suffer injuries), but I feel bad for the guy. Hopefully, he's back next year cause we need him.

downey was great all season, and youre right there is no way he can be put into the lineup right now because the wings are just way too deep but i do feel sorry for the guy. BRING HIM BACK KENNY!

ya i've had a rough time tossing this one back and forth in my head as well. The biggest point that I keep coming across was how LIGHTS OUT Maltby was last year in the playoffs. If you guys recall, people on the forums was saying he was one of our top players last year in the playoffs. His level of play is really elevated in the playoffs and his style of play is very desired as well.

All I can think of to do is count this as a blessing. Last year in the playoffs we had to worry about if we had any wings left to put in the lineup.....this year we have too many!!

Quick question, if we end up winning the Cup, Maltby and Downey will have their names on it because they played 42 games in the reg season. Now, are they allowed on the ice to lift the cup? Or are you only allowed to have the roster on the ice. I know Konstantinov game on the ice in 98 and 02, but that was a special circumstance. Just wondering if anyone knew.

Quick question, if we end up winning the Cup, Maltby and Downey will have their names on it because they played 42 games in the reg season. Now, are they allowed on the ice to lift the cup? Or are you only allowed to have the roster on the ice. I know Konstantinov game on the ice in 98 and 02, but that was a special circumstance. Just wondering if anyone knew.

Anyone that played at all for the Wings this season is allowed to lift the cup. Be it 5 games, 20, 30, 40, etc..

Btw, I really miss having Malts in the line up. It's not like he isn't playing because they just decide he isn't needed, his injury set him back and due to it Helm came in and has been playing great so you really can't mess with that. I do hope sometime soon though Malts is inserted back into the line up. We need to see the Grind Line!

Anyone that played at all for the Wings this season is allowed to lift the cup. Be it 5 games, 20, 30, 40, etc..

Btw, I really miss having Malts in the line up. It's not like he isn't playing because they just decide he isn't needed, his injury set him back and due to it Helm came in and has been playing great so you really can't mess with that. I do hope sometime soon though Malts is inserted back into the line up. We need to see the Grind Line!

Yeah, but you have to play 40 games in order to get your name on it, or play in at least one game in the Finals. However, the management can have your name engraved, i.e. Maxim Kuznetsov in 02' when he only played 39.

Yeah, but you have to play 40 games in order to get your name on it, or play in at least one game in the Finals. However, the management can have your name engraved, i.e. Maxim Kuznetsov in 02' when he only played 39.

I know that, but you can still lift the Cup if you don't play 40 games or get into one Cup final game.

Cant believe they took McCarty out the line-up...

Meh... who needs an enforcer in playoff hockey... heres to more Chris Pronger-like cheap shots!

Im going to bed.

I'm one of the biggest Mac fans out there, but Maltby did fine in his return. He created a few turn overs and drew a penalty.

I bet Babs will rotate Maltby and McCarty.

A tad?

Also, if Scotty Bowman can put on some skates and skate around with the Cup, anyone who played on the team can, as well.

This is all Sammy's fault.

With him putting up points, that gives less incentive to bench him so that both Maltby and McCarty can play. Sammy needs to stop getting all these assists, or else I'm running out of reasons for why he should be a healthy scratch.

This is all Sammy's fault.

With him putting up points, that gives less incentive to bench him so that both Maltby and McCarty can play. Sammy needs to stop getting all these assists, or else I'm running out of reasons for why he should be a healthy scratch.

:blink:

Are you ok?

Should I call a Dr!!

Just Kidding!!

After wanting Maltby in for Dmac.. i take it back.

Mac has so much more chemistry with Helm then maltby does.. that alone should give darren the nod

I second that - I'm not saying Maltby played bad by any means, but I think a little bit of spark was missing with Mac out. Will be interesting if any change is made for Saturday.