• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chaldean

Conn Smythe Trophy Discussion

Rate this topic

Your Conn Smythe Trophy goes to:  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Itll be Zetterberg. Why? Hes got the points AND the faceofs AND now he saved a goal for Osgood tonight as well. Hes 5 on 3 there was AMAZING. He earned the Smythe tonight. Especially after Osgood gave up an iffy goal or two in game 3.

Honestly, the way I try to determine this.

Picture Hasek in net. How far would we have made it?

Picture Osgood in net. How far would we have made it?

That alone makes me think Osgood is deserving.

Edited by mmorland

Ozzie would be REALLY close #2, but it's got to be hank.

Picture Hasek in net. How far would we have made it?

Good question. I'll call god tomorrow and ask.

But my gut tells me this is one of those seasons that the losing goalie wins the Conn Smythe Trophy.

I would be so. pissed.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I chose Z in the poll.

But my gut tells me this is one of those seasons that the losing goalie wins the Conn Smythe Trophy. MAF keeps the Pens in it. I dunno. Just one guy's opinion.

MAF hasn't even been the best goaltender in this series. Combine that with the fact he was fourth on the Pens' list of candidates going into the series....and yeah, he doesn't win it.

I chose Z in the poll.

But my gut tells me this is one of those seasons that the losing goalie wins the Conn Smythe Trophy. MAF keeps the Pens in it. I dunno. Just one guy's opinion.

I can't see it happen. How is MAF going to win it over ozzie? Best sv% best gaa and 2 shutouts in the SCF against MAF.

I hope Z wins it

If Osgood would have started the playoffs I would give it to Hank,but the question I have to ask myself is,would we even be here if not for Osgood? It's clear Hasek feel apart in the first round,and Osgood saved the day.There's no doubt given we win monday it will be one of the two.

Ozzie would be REALLY close #2, but it's got to be hank.

Good question. I'll call god tomorrow and ask.

I would be so. pissed.

I totally disagree. M.A. Fluery has not been that stellar.

I've been hemming n' hawing on Osgood vs. Zetterberg but Hank's play on that 5-on-3 cemented it for me. If they win the Cup he'd get my vote.

He may not be lighting up the scoreboard thus far in the Final, but is there a forward you'd rather have on the ice when it's do-or-die? He's been unbelievable EVERYWHERE.

Ok since it's a 3-1 series, now I'll vote.

I vote Zetterberg, a 2nd place vote to Ozzie, and a 3rd to Kronwall.

Someone mentioned Datsyuk.... I've been really impressed by his play and toughness this run, but he hasn't scored a goal at home yet. The numbers aren't there for Pav, but he's played awesome.

Ozzie has been great, but I don't get how any of you can say he's the MVP. The Wings have played amazing defense in front of him, so he hasn't really been challenged that much through the playoffs. He is NOT the reason we got this far.

It's pretty hard to pick one player because everyone has contributed so much, but I would probably go with Zetterberg. He has done absolutely everything you could ask for. After him, probably Datsyuk and Lidstrom, and then maybe Osgood.

Who do I think it actually will be? Ozzie.

They love stats when deciding these things. 2 shutouts to being Cup Finals? .957 save % as of right now in the series? Ozzie, collect your hardware.

Who do I want it to be?

Obviously Zata.

Its hard for me because for the last 4 years I have loved Zata. My avatar has changed over the years from being Zata with "Conn Smythe 06" to "Conn Smythe 07" to "Conn Smythe 08" and now he is so close but Ozzie is abseloutly fantastic.

Something to ponder for the future: Will they retire Ozzie's jersery? The guy has how many Cups with D-Town? How many playoff wins? Overall save %? Not jackin the thread but I think somone will have to take a close look. Passing Sawchuk really opened my eyes. Different era, I know... but dont they look at stats when they think about things like that?