• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aki

Holmstrom: Wings practicing as if he won't play

Rate this topic

You mean this Downie...

http://ballhype.com/video/laraque_hits_downie_jan_24_2008/

or the one that skates away from fights...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jarkko-r...ight/3225624935

??

Trust me. He's not eager to see the Pens anytime soon.

Wrong Downey, friend. You'll note the distinctly different spelling on second glance, I'm sure.

Wrong Downey, friend. You'll note the distinctly different spelling on second glance, I'm sure.

Oops. I wasn't even thinking of either Downey. It was another goon one of our division rivals traded and I still can't remember who I'm thinking of.

Anyway, the Pens know how to handle themselves against guys like that regardless.

Allow me to slink away in utter shame now. :blush:

Oops. I wasn't even thinking of either Downey. It was another goon one of our division rivals traded and I still can't remember who I'm thinking of.

Anyway, the Pens know how to handle themselves against guys like that regardless.

Allow me to slink away in utter shame now. :blush:

Easy mistake to make, I mean the Flyers' and the Wings' jerseys both have some white, and darn it all if Steve and Aaron aren't spelled almost identically. Thank god for the 'Y' "IE" differences!

Way to come running in here on your high horse and know-it-all attitude. That will be all, thank you.

You mean this Downie...

http://ballhype.com/video/laraque_hits_downie_jan_24_2008/

or the one that skates away from fights...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jarkko-r...ight/3225624935

??

Trust me. He's not eager to see the Pens anytime soon.

you don't even know what team steve downie plays for? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gtfo, bandwagon hopper.

yeah i saw that this morning too but this was just reported on tsn at 5:00... maybe an MRI revealed some damage??? i dont know but he didnt look too good after he took that hit. hope hell be ok

Downey wouldn't fare well against Gill, though he beat Parros, so who knows?

Roberts is tough-as-nails, but I can't believe he denied punching Franzenstein.

well it sounds like homer is out as of right now. If true, we move Franzen to the first line which is going to knock some pucks in the net for sure, but our second line will be shot. Who are we going to bring it that can play homer/franzen type minutes? Downey wont be the right guy for the job. What about abdelkader, is he an option at this point? who who who....i dont want to have to go back to be a one line team again, right when our secondary scoring has been Awesome.

While it was initially thought Tomas Holmstrom suffered a knee injury in Game 3, sources tell TSN the problem may be more of a groin/sports hernia condition that was bothering him just prior to the beginning of the playoffs. If the groin muscle is torn, and the Wings aren’t saying anything right now, Holmstrom could be forced out of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The team's official position is that it is lower body injury and they will know more Friday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460

That's what it says on TSN

Holmstrom out for rest of playoffs with sports hernia??? Just reported on 97.1

I didn't hear them say "out for rest of playoffs". They reported "possible" torn groin or sports hernia. Will know more Friday.

He's obviously probably doubtful for Saturday, but "lower body injury" could mean anything. Anyways, Wings will need to step it up and win w/o him just like we did w/o Franzen for a few games...

I just wonder if it was Steven..... woopps Sidney Crosby that had taken the same check by Kronwell,instead of Homer by Gill, if it, a[ wouldn't have been called and b] the NHL wouldn't have been looking at it for a suspension?

Same with Franzen and the deliberate punches to the head, after being out so long with concussion-like symthoms.

Sucks to be without Homer. I would move up Franzen to the 1st line, and bring up Abdelkader. I know they wont bring up Abdelkader. The will reinsert McCarty.

I'd thought we seen the last of Mac for the season. He wasn't contributing anything out there. Hopefully if he comes back after a few games off - he could actually chip in....

I know when people post the I have a friend who has a second-cousin who is dating the half-brother of someone who works at Cheli's Chili and he said.....it's skeptical, that said take this as you want it, i dont care.

During the Avalanche series I was talking with a friend (whose son used to play hockey with a Wing's son and him and the Wing are good friends) about what's the deal with Homer only having 2 pts, a goal and an assist, he said Homer's dealing with a groin injury as bad as Gilchrist in 98.

The can opener that Gill gave him might have made it impossible to play now. Supposedly, he was already going to have major surgery in the off-season.

Not that Gill knew of the injury, it's upsetting that they do cheap stuff that takes our players out. Roberts definitely knew of the injury to Franzen.

And to whatever joker it was on this board that said Homer skated into Gill and Gill checked him....Homer does not waste time with a defenseman in the slot when he knows he needs to get to the net...nice try...thanks for playing...and any other cliche you need to get the point across that you're wrong.

Interference plain and simple and Therrien whined about the Wings obstruction....how many quotes about the Wings can you find where they blamed anyone but themselves??? They even lose classy.