• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

I, for one, still think we can win this. OK..crappy first period. But we still have a lot of hockey to play and THEY only scored one goal. If we can calm the game down and get some control back, we can win! Staying positive! And I have the full on montage of wings in my living room, so the hockey gods should start smiling down on us now.

Honestly, if it weren't for Kronvall's dumb ass play where HE SCORED THE SECOND GOAL, this would not be such a cluster f*** in the latter part of the first. That was one momentum shift.

I was wondering when Kronwall would score a goal in the playoffs.

OK I think it's time to start worrying so I ran to the emergency escape, broke the glass case and retrieved the emergency jersey. #19 is now donned. I have worn it during game 5 OT of the Nashville series and game 6 of the Dallas series. Let's hope it saves our asses again.

horrible 1st.

i do think they will step it up in the 2nd tho.

I'm not enjoying this game at all bleh

we NEED some scoring from DZH line.. where are they?

Edited by hak

Hell, all we really need to do is stop skating to the perimeter and tying up in the corner...get our big bodies in front of Fleury and screen and drive in. The Pens are blocking our cross ice passes so move the puck up the ice and drive straight in. We did it in the last 10 minutes of Game 3 on that s***ty cross cut ice; we can damn sure do it here at home. One more thing: NOT EVERY GOAL HAS TO BE A HIGHLIGHT REEL GOAL!!!!!! Crash the net!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see Babcock as a guy who throws chairs around.

And he won't need to, either.

The Wings just need to loosen up and play hockey.....they don't need a fire lit under their ass, they need just the opposite. If they settle down, they'll score.

Eh, we're fine. First period, Final game jitters is all. Our boys are going to win this thing, tonight. I'll be very surprised if they keep letting Pittsburg step all over them

Seriously, it's the end of the first and Wings aren't playing their game.

They're an experienced, veteran group and can make adjustments. Keep in mind, it's not completely unreasonable that they score 2 goals as quick as Pittsburgh did. Let's get a quick one out of the intermission.

And like I've told myself all along, they have 3 chances (2 at home) to win 1 game. If they can't put them away, they honestly don't deserve to win.

Let's wake up and play Wings hockey.

KEEP THE FAITH

Signed, the resident Negative Nancy.

what a pathetic period. this is easily the worst they have played all playoffs and what a time to do it. they have looked nervous and have played with zero composure out there - they just don't look like the wings at all.

with so many experienced players i really did not see this coming. pittsburgh were there for the taking and gifted us 2 early PPs but yet again our power play struggled - though it does not help when you get such an outrageous call to negate one of them :angry: but the goal gave the pens life and they have looked a different team since then.

we really need to score the next goal and get the crowd back into it.

its not over yet - LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!

This period was not that bad people. The scoreboard says otherwise, but seriously. Babcock does not need to yell and scream. This is a veteran professional team. They need to loosen up and just play, not get all nervous.

This is what bothers me. A veteran professional team should do a hell of a lot better job of game preparation than what they've exhibited tonight.

I don't see Babcock as a guy who throws chairs around.

That's one thing I always liked about Barry Smith - he had a stare that could peel paint. That and the patented Scotty Bowman mindf***.

I'll be Babs is no slouch either - he ain't gonna let them come out like that in the second.

We've got 40 more minutes, I have faith... but depending on the 2nd period, I will not lie - it might dwindle.

I've been fairly pessimistic today in part to my husband driving my car to work and parking it in a garage that wound up flooding. So I've got water damage on the floor of my car - it's being checked out by our dealer. The reason this bothers me? My husband totaled the front end of the SAME CAR last year during the WCF against Anaheim and we lost. So hearing that made my superstition meter perk up a few.

Hate mail can be sent :P I'll give the address. Just be sure it's addressed to someone OTHER than me. :lol: